Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

bobskii wrote: »
    moving_home where did u get the along I've just been on about one to my husband . I think it might make life a bit easier during the day For me,will in to try it anyway.
    lashes my lo is fussy during the day too but is good at night,only wakes once and is straight back down .

I got a sling consultation from Snugglebugs in Naas. I highly recommend getting a consultation or going to a sling meet to try before you buy. There are so many different types and they can get confusing if you don't have professional help! I thought I really wanted a stretchy wrap but when I tried one I didn't like it and found too much material whereas others swear by them. I can clean the kitchen, make bottles etc with her in the sling and just makes life easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

We had a wacky night last night too. She got so overtired and it took ages to settle her. Was it a full moon? I find infacol and gripe water great. The first day we used gripe water the burp she let was like something a drunk man would do! I might get two naps of two hours during the day. Still feeds twice at night but feeds and straight down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

fall wrote: »
    We had a wacky night last night too. She got so overtired and it took ages to settle her. Was it a full moon? I find infacol and gripe water great. The first day we used gripe water the burp she let was like something a drunk man would do! I might get two naps of two hours during the day. Still feeds twice at night but feeds and straight down.

They have to be four weeks for gripe water don't they? We switched to dentinox yesterday and man he has been farting like a machine gun since :) I think the infacol must have been backing him up a bit.

Just back from a walk to lidl wearing him in his carrier for the first time on a longer trip. I'm flattened! I'm so unfit, really need to make the effort to get out and about every day.

i started it at three and a half weeks. Just back from a lidl walk too! Having a cuppa and a scone. You really feel the blood pumping after being pregnant. Carrying him in the sling and walking will be great exercise. Glad the dentinox is getting things going. I definitely think the infacol only started to work once the gripe water cleared the ball of wind that had built up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

just Back from a short walk with my doggies and herself in the carrier . hard work with the two dogs on leads . lookin forward to get back exercising properly.

• Advertisement

How's the feeding going Bobskii? Did you try a different formula?

feeding is going good,I had to feed her in the hospital the other day so that was my first time in public . It was grand tho the nurse called me and then said oh didn't realise you were feeding so I must have done something right!
    I haven't given her any formula since I bought a carton of sma but haven't given it to her yet . I've expressed yesterday and my husband tried her with the bottle but she was starving and was having none of it!I'll try again tonight cos I expressed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Tough night last night. She was up @ 5 and didn't settle after feed,son is on mid term so up since then , she got sick on her last bottle so hope she's not coming down with something.

Period made an appearance too :( OH working 12 until 1030. Just a shítty day

Ps thought of you and Max today 5 weeks today hope your keeping well Thumpette xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Thumpette, I was in the hospital with my little girl at the weekend, we're having a feeding problem.. docs giving us a hard time.. in the room, painted on the ceiling are stars.. All different shapes and sizes.. I thought of Max and wished you well..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Thanks guys, that means a lot. Can't believe it's only been 5 weeks- feels like a lifetime ago but still the rawest pain in the world.

Hugs to all the Jan babies and Mammies xxx

fall ate you giving your little one expressed milk in a bottle or formula?

Formula, Bobskii. Aptamil 1. Little one has been having awful wind problems. Doctor said she has colic even though she doesn't have crying spells. Started to give her colief yesterday and it has helped her wind issue so far. How is your girl getting on? Have you given her a bottle?

I tried her a few weeks back with the aptimal and she kept throwing it up so in gave up . I tried her with an expressed bottle the other day but to be fair she was over hungry and was having none of it . so today I said right I'm going to persevere,I bought cow and gate ready made tried her and she took it no problem and went off to sleep(for her daddy).but then when she woke she threw it up!I don't know if it's that she can't handle formula or what but I really wanted to combine feed :( I bought dentinox today too but didn't put it into the bottle . I only gave her 4oz and she did a good burp After every ounce.

Maybe give your phn nurse a ring for advice. There are stay down milks and comfort formulas now so maybe they will suit her better. Does she have any issues with breast feeding? At least she will physically take a bottle so maybe even express to keep her doing that while you try to find a suitable formula. the whole feeding thing is a minefield for the first few months.

no she'll throw it back an odd to me but usually it's when she has stubborn wind .I'll give the health nurse a buzz tomorrow , I know she'll tell me to just breastfeed her and express but expressing is hard, I gave an electric pump but it takes so long to do!

I actually found my pharmacist a great help. She totally understood that I wanted to combine feed and there was no judgement

I might try him first .I had been lookin for the stay down formulas so I might ask him about them tomorrow.

Switched to nuk bottles and we've seen an improvement in wind thank god, it's been a tough week.

However I'm a bit concerned he might have a touch of reflux, he tends to throw up his nose (and only his nose!) and gets cranky about 45-60 mins after a feed and needs to sit up

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Am switching to the anti reflux aptimel, anyone used this . I wonder is there too much air in the bottle. Am using 10 oz ones but only making 6 oz.?

• Advertisement

We are obviously all in the weeks where their systems are still immature. Tough week here too Mirrorwall. One good night where she only had one night feed and it felt like winning the lotto. I have only used the normal formula Millie. Have you tried infant gaviscon? As I said to Bobskii sometimes the pharmacists can give good advice. Tesco have a huge range of formula. I had a look last night and could get over all the options.

Don't think so Millie I have 5oz in a 4 oz bottle made with prep machine and still windy here. Using infant gaviscon but it's not great. But then I'm afraid to stop using incase she's left uncontrollably windy!

Has anyone else had their periods yet? I just wish it would lighten off. It's worse than when I had her.

6 week check up during the week. She's weighing 10lb 1. Not surprised with 3 hour feeds@! Doc not happy with a stalk Mark on her eye or that my blood pressure is really low :/

We have two sized too (5oz/10oz) and no obvious difference in wind.

We tried infacol which just gave him constipation. Then tried dentinox which we've stopped and seen no difference.

The new bottles and slower teats seem to have made a big difference, we had no screaming session last night and he slept after 1130 bottle until 430 which is the longest for him so far. I will consider switching to comfort formula but not just yet

Stork marks?! First I've heard of them but that looks like what he has on one eyelid. My mum told me to ignore it and it would go within the year. What's the doc saying?

Low blood pressure isn't nice, makes you feel woozy. Be careful

Oh and lashes I'm 3.5weeks and still bleeding-the joys. It's not heavy, just persistent

colief drops seem to be working well so far, my baby doesn't spew but had a distended abdomen due to excessive gas and she was constantly grunting and straining. She is not a big crier thank god but so much more relaxed on the drops and this is day three. So far today she has fed and napped going down easily to sleep. The colief is for babies who may have lactose intolerance and the comfort formula also has reduced lactose. The drops help to break down the lactose making it more digestible. So it might be worth trying the drops before changing formula if anyone else's baby has similar symptoms. They supposedly grow out of it at three months as it's just an immature gut.

fall wrote: »
    colief drops seem to be working well so far, my baby doesn't spew but had a distended abdomen due to excessive gas and she was constantly grunting and straining. She is not a big crier thank god but so much more relaxed on the drops and this is day three. So far today she has fed and napped going down easily to sleep. The colief is for babies who may have lactose intolerance and the comfort formula also has reduced lactose. The drops help to break down the lactose making it more digestible. So it might be worth trying the drops before changing formula if anyone else's baby has similar symptoms. They supposedly grow out of it at three months as it's just an immature gut.

Are they the ones where you have to make the bottle up half an hour in advance?

The doc was a different doc than my usual and I'm not fond of her.
    She is unsure if it is a stork mark or birthmark due to the dark colouring But I know it's a stork mark,phn said it was so did the other doctor. It goes through phases of being angry looking and she's a little red head with pale skin so very noticeable
    Might try the colief. dont want to change food as I have stock piled 4 boxes of it or bottles cause I have umpteen of those!!Need to get maternity pads again. It's out of control!

Is anyone else finding it hard to get out of the house?? I literally finish feeding and winding then it's an hour before next feed!

Yes they are but there are a few different options on the leaflet. I think the main point is that the milk has to be warm to activate the enzyme but not hit enough to kill it. Some days are easier to get out than others. I love when I get out for a walk. Feel great after it.

has anyone been out yet?? We are heading out on Sunday for belated valentines night out. I'm dreading the hangover on Monday already :/

Not getting enough sleep at night to be able for a night out unfortunately and breast feeding makes it harder again. Enjoy it. It's great your little one sleeps so well. It will be a long time before we are there!

• Advertisement

attempted a walk today and it rained came home think in the rain cover was at home only to find it in the boot,baby brain still in action here!!
    no nights out here planned I've zero interested until I feel more myself!

Advertisement