Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

any one else's lo go through the night with no wet nappy? changed her at 10 last night and she fell asleep., she woke at 5 and I changed her there now but her nappy is bone dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Ok well I switched to sma from aptimel and the babies slept for four hours straight !!! Coincidence ? I was getting up at half one to warm bottles standing over the cot all confused as to why they were asleep. Baby's brain and sleep deprivation. I have baby's gaviscon on prescription for the reflux and it makes huge difference , I presume they grow out of it. My gp just said its trial and error really with the formulas at this stage, the breastfeed is really just a top up/ comfort thing now which is fine with me I must say I found it very tough physically. Apparently cool boiled water is good for constipation and breaking wind too and def the nuk bottles were a big help. I have infacol here but haven't used it yet. I think the sma is creamier/ heavier so must be more satisfying. I haven't gone out yet but am planning an overnight to the rugby World Cup ! Have had some wine though in the evening watching eastenders ( never watched the soaps until the babies came home) this newborn stage is tough in fairness but adorable all the same. I put a wedge of wood under the top legs of the cot to raise it slightly and no more spit ups either . Sorry for the ramdomness of this post lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

bobskii wrote: »
    any one else's lo go through the night with no wet nappy? changed her at 10 last night and she fell asleep., she woke at 5 and I changed her there now but her nappy is bone dry.

Nope but I've had 36hrs without a dirty one, he was fine. If it keeps up tho Id be checking with a doc. Is she feeding ok? No temperature or anything?

Millie how did you figure out the reflux? I'm on nuk now too, they seem good. We're trying the colief for the next while but if it doesn't work planning on switching to comfort formula. Last night was tough again, tons of wind and screaming.

Haven't been out away from him yet and no plans for the near future. Happy to cart him everywhere with me tho, we're out every day now.

gp diagnosed reflux and gave me the prescription, it's a nightmare when they are screaming and hungry but it's hurting them to feed. I think the slightly thicker sma formula helped but it's early days. Both snoring their heads off in my bed now while I do all the other jobs in the house :(

millie14 wrote: »
    gp diagnosed reflux and gave me the prescription, it's a nightmare when they are screaming and hungry but it's hurting them to feed. I think the slightly thicker sma formula helped but it's early days. Both snoring their heads off in my bed now while I do all the other jobs in the house :(

Last night was the first really uncomfortable feeds here, usually ite not being able to lie him down after coz he screams the place down

Can I ask what everyone on formula is giving? We're at 4oz every 3-4 (mostly four) hours, he's 3.5 weeks. I think we're getting close to an increase tho, he's completely finishing the four ounces now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

millie14 wrote: »
    Ok well I switched to sma from aptimel and the babies slept for four hours straight !!! Coincidence ?

SMA is a heavier consistency than Aptimel so it tends to be better for reflux babies. We've had our baby (a January 2014 boy) on SMA from the start and he's always been a great sleeper. :) Took him a good 7-8 months to outgrow the reflux, but it all seems a distant memory now! I think mammies of twins are amazing, I found it all tough enough with one baby! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

We feed 4 to 5 oz every three hours here on aptimel. She can never manage more than that.

Millie I have a blanket folded under her mattress and that seems to help her sleep. I know this is so bold but if she naps. She sleeps better on her tummy.

I don't usually drink or go out but I am so in need of a break away for a few hours although when I get out I will probably be dying to get back home. Although the thoughts of eating without rushing/sitting with a baby on my knee is so exciting. How sad am I lol

I'm just back from a jog and while I thought I'd be right ginger for an ambulance half way through I thoroughly enjoyed it!fresh air in the lungs is good,and dad didn't burn the house down or freak out being left alone with the boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Lashes28 wrote: »
    has anyone been out yet?? We are heading out on Sunday for belated valentines night out. I'm dreading the hangover on Monday already :/

We brought the new arrival and the two year old to their cousin's third birthday party yesterday.
    I don't think we left the house with Number 1, bar heading to the in-laws, until she was nearly 2 months old.
    Number 2 is barely three weeks old and we've managed to do loads more things.
    Sleep at night is becoming an issue though. She's sleeping great during the day but we just can't get her to settle in the cot. The longest she's slept at night has been 5 hours but that was in the bed with us so not a habit we want to encourage. We really need to get her sleeping longer in the cot.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

My little one slept on me for the first three weeks. Literally on my chest. We then raised the mattress on the cot and heated it with a hot water bottle and once it was warm she went in no problem. Also put her day blanket over her so it would smell familiar. We go out loads too, shopping centre, Sunday lunch, cousins birthday and then visiting. She is almost seven weeks old now. I have to get out and about.
    Fair play on the jog Bobskii, how is the body today? Did you have a good night out lashes?

• Advertisement

I haven't put herself in a cot yet she's still in the bed,went lookin at mattress for the cot yesterday cos that's my next mission . any recommendations??
    body is sore today,well my legs are!!I'm walk in like I did after labour lol!!
    I've just given this dill 2 oz in a nuk bottle to see if it will stay down. , fingers crossed!

Hope so Bobskii. Baby elegance do fab mattresses but also try smiths and mothercare

so far so good it's stayed down anyway!!I was lookin at the baby elegance ones think I'll go get it during the week.
    hope your hangover isn't too painful lashes!!

Sounds good bobskii, we're on nuk bottles too. 48hrs on coleif and touch wood things are going well. I currently have a very contented baby passed out on my chest :) he was a bit cranky this evening but we had been out for three hours and met lots of people so I think it was just over stimulated and he's quiet now anyways!

I had a very cranky baby tonight too . She had stubborn wind and a very dirty bum earlier . she's now passed out on my chest and I'm afraid to move her . gonna source proper nuk bottles too . It was literally I ran into the chemist at 5 to 6 yesterday evening . she doesn't like the silicone teats at all .

bobskii wrote: »
    I had a very cranky baby tonight too . She had stubborn wind and a very dirty bum earlier . she's now passed out on my chest and I'm afraid to move her . gonna source proper nuk bottles too . It was literally I ran into the chemist at 5 to 6 yesterday evening . she doesn't like the silicone teats at all .

Ha that was totally me too, stayed still on the couch for like 20 minutes before moving him to the carry cot in case he woke up! Going to have to wake him for a feed soon if he doesn't wake though-it's been near five hours!!

The shape on the nuk seems to be our success and the teat size. The newborn tests on tomee tippee were frustratingly slow so he was sucking air around them, the variflow were too fast and he was finishing the bottle in like 5-10 mins and then extremely uncomfortable!

yay they slept for four hours in a row !!! It's like a lotto win every time it happens

well after her cranky evening she slept from ten till six thirty!and then seven till now so I really can't complain!!

Jeez we all had a good night, mine slept for six hours?! I was starting to freak out by the time he got up. My only regret is that I had been doing jobs after his bottle so I didn't sit down until 2.5hrs after his feed. I assumed that he'd be up within the hour for food so I didn't go to sleep. I ended up sitting staring at him for like 3hrs wondering what the hell was going on and totally regretting not being asleep rofl

I learned the hard way after doing the same mirrorwall! now I go to bed at 10 , whether she's awake or asleep.she comes with me, last night she was cranky so I went up at 9.30 and she was asleep by 10 which was great . even tho I don't fall asleep at the same time it means I've no choice only relax..

• Advertisement

Ya I think if you don't try and rest wh en they do you will be banjaxed, still though it's hard not to just potter about while they are quiet

Not so good here. Woke every two hours starving and then couldn't settle from four til seven. Tired mammy today. On a good note just had her weighed and she is 10 lbs 10. Doing great.

Little miss was a great girl for Nanny slept from 10 until mam woke her at 9 cause she got a bit worried!! Delighted she behaved.
    I had a great night it was so weird. Kept thinking all these people don't even know that I have a tiny baby at home?! Hangover not too bad OH on the other hand hasn't left the bed lol

Are people having a christening?

Ps fall that's a great weight!! What weight was she when she was born again? Bet there's no better feeling than thinking wow I did tha myself by breastfeeding if that makes sense?

I think if I touched a drop I'd be like your oh !!its been well over a year since I had alcohol!!
    We'll be having a christening later in the year I don't want to have it yet even tho I'm getting constant nagging from the in laws!
    how often should tummy time be done?

She was 7 lbs 11 and I did feel chuffed. She really is a hungry baby. Have never had more then four and half hours sleep in a row! Lashes it is great to have such a good sleeper. I haven't drank and won't until she is sleeping longer. Couldn't do a hangover with no sleep!

Fall that's a great weight!

Lashes tonight I am jealous. After the 6hr sleep last night that I ended up awake for, tonight he has decided to stay awake at all costs!

We will be christening but have nothing booked yet

Tough day today possibly 20 minute nap was had that's all. She has to be over tired but fighting everything!! OH not home until 1030 from work. Argggghhhhh

Same here Lashes she was glued to me, feeding like crazy. Didn't go down til two last night so I am knackered.

• Advertisement

Same last night fall she didn't setttle til after one and up at 5. It's so tough. And if I put her down she screams!
    On another note she's found her hands big time they are never out of her mouth and she's started to pull herself sitting up straight already cannot believe it only for a few seconds but it's unreal. She gave me a fright today doing it

Advertisement