Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Exact same here. She is shovelling her hand into her mouth. If it is any consolation I read some other months threads to see what their babies were doing at this age and it was exactly the same. I am dying to go to bed but dreading it at the same time in case she doesn't go down. The joys of having a new baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I'm at my wits end with this little madame . She point blank refuses to take a bottle for me!she's taking a dodi alright but every time I try the bottle she's screams blue murder!

That's tough Bobskii. I have never given one, my husband does it every evening. Using the doctor Browns. Maybe change teat? Or bottle? My girl won't take a soother at all. Have bought loads and its not happening.

she took the nuk latex soother so I got her a nuk bottle and today bought latex teatime eventually got her to take an ounce this evening . she won't even entertain her dad giving it to her .screams the place down . I'm going to persevere every evening from now on . I might try the dr Brown's and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hi Girls, thought I'd pop by and say hello. We're back in Holles St at 1.30 today to get the results of Max's post mortem. I'm absolutely sick with nerves. I'm so scared they are going to say he suffered, or tell us whatever caused it is likely to happen again or tell us we can never have children. I have 2 pages of questions written out covering everything from the reasons behind their overdue policy, to whether a rash on my hand was an indication of an issue to care plans if future pregnancies are an option. It's so weird to be nervous about something that there can't really be a good outcome for- just levels of awfulness . Keep your fingers crossed for us that there won't be anything worse than what we already know xxx

• Advertisement

hi thumpette,you'll be in my thoughts today as you are regularly anyway . hopefully today will answer those awful questions for you . I sometimes wonder about their overdue policies myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Fingers crossed Thumpette that you get all your answers x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Thanks girls, Went pretty much as well as it could have done. They have an answer in that the blood vessels in the placenta weren't developing as much as they should have been so he wasn't getting as much nutrition as he needed towards the end. The condition doesn't usually end in stillbirth but when you combine it with being overdue in his case it just happened like that. It's not something that can be picked up on a scan but if they'd seen the reduced fluid it would have been a late warning sign. Otherwise he was perfect in every way. Good news is that they reckon I'm no more high risk than anyone else for it to happen in a future pregnancy and they have a plan of action for more scans and early induction and stuff for future pregnancies. So it doesn't change anything but at least they aren't telling us we'll never have more kids or anything.

glad you got some answers thumpette and hopefully that will stop the awful questions you had yourself tormented with.

How's everyone doing? Anyone have any kind of routine yet? We have the two month vaccinations next week. Not looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

had them yesterday fall and they are not pleasant :(
    were kinda getting into a routine here . bed every night at 10 whether she is going straight to sleep or not . she's usually asleep by eleven and then sleeps till five or six . her daytime isn't as routine yet . she'll sleep till 9/10 and then doesn't sleep much after that.

I would say you are glad they are over. Any joy with the bottle?

nope still only taking an ounce but ill persevere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Haven't been on in awhile my nanny had a stroke last week so things have been chaotic.

Just about to hit out for our vaccinations at 10.30. I'm not looking forward to then either!

Our routine at night is 9 o'clock bath,then bottle and bed she sleeps then until 8/9. Up for bottle and will sometimes nap for an hour she's then mostly awake for the day. Maybe 10/20 minute naps. She's in great form lately and usually just the night she's unsettled. She lives her bath so gonna find out off the doc today when it's safe to bring her to the swimming pool.

Thumpette I'm glad you got the answers. Yourself and max are in my thoughts regularly.

Christening this Sunday,I wish I was 2 stone lighter. I'm really struggling with weight. How are you guys getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Ours was a month old yesterday (overdue by a week) and we gave her her first bottle in the evening.
    I didn't have much success but my wife eventually managed to give it to her and she then flaked out on my chest for the evening.
    What was even better was we got her asleep after her 11pm feed at 1 and she slept in the cot until 4am, then had her night feed and conked out in the cot again until 7.45
    That's the first time she's done the two night stints in the cot so we're delighted with ourselves and hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

That's great Heroditas. Great sleeping for one month old.
    Sorry to hear about your Grandmother Lashes. Glad your little one is doing well.
    Had two very good nights sleep wise. She slept from 10.30 til six, fed and slept from 6.30 til 10. I am like a new woman after two nights sleep. Might not happen again but fingers crossed. She has lots of little naps during the day. Breastffeeding except for one 4 oz bottle around seven. I do housework, have a bath or a nap at that time. I bring her up at ten every night and I feed her sitting in bed.

That's great going fall, sleep makes the world a better place. my little one takes a 6oz before bed, the glutton lol

Bobskii how was ur lady after her injections? My poor pet is screaming all. Day. And i mean a high pitched scream��

Thanks fall she's doing good now my grandas not able to be looking after her so we R doing shifts to look after her.. not easy

Dreading the injections now!
    Tough going for your family Lashes.

hope your nans doing good lashes.
    grrr with the bottle again . think I'm gonna get mum to try her and ill just go for a walk while she does it . She will eventually take it for me but then she's that tired from crying she falls asleep.
    my little woman was fine straight after them but Monday night she screamed solid for about an hour and a half . I gave her calpol and she settled then . I hope your little woman settles for you its horrible seeing them distressed like that.

Lads another dumb question. Just have her calpol and she spat it out. I lay her down for it but just gagged and spat it back out again. How do you get it in to them??
    She's had a rough evening,she's pooed out of her nappy and up her back into her hair. Don't ya just love being a mum lol
    Bobskii does she not suck the teat?

• Advertisement

have u the syringe?I just lay her back in my arm mid whaling and put in into her mouth . I did it that quick she didn't have time to respond . she just cries lashes and plays with the teat in her mouth . as a last resort she'll take it but then she falls asleep.

Post for advice on the breastfeeding thread. I think some people have gone straight to sippy cups.

thanks fall. I've actually been reading through it this few days lookin for ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

bobskii wrote: »
    thanks fall. I've actually been reading through it this few days lookin for ideas.

Bobskii, my first would have taken it out of a bucket, me second not so much! She really disliked bottles but I found that trying her with it after a breastfeed worked well, she was full and was happy to consider it. It took a while but we got there in the end. The one thing you'll need is a strong resolve, some babies will really resist and you need to be determined.

Maybe try feeding her, going out of the house and getting someone to try a bottle about an hour before her feed is due, good luck, it's hard work

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Hey everyone, good god this is hard work isn't it?

Mine have peaked at taking four and a half ounces from the bottle, eight weeks today wouldn't you think they would have bigger feeds ? They are breastfed too so maybe that keeps them topped up. Going four hours between feeds and not a minute more, honestly it's like torture every night. Saw an article about quads born in Dublin last week, I'd run away from home I'd say.

Thumpette I often think of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Me too Thumpette. Bobskii that doesn't sound like fun with the bottles. Millie I don't know how you do it!

My little man switched to comfort cow and gate yesterday. Couldn't get it out of the nuk teats so we had to switch back to the tomee tippee while waiting for the large teats to arrive. The OH wasn't paying attention on the first feed with the result that he inhaled the bottle in 10 minutes and literally screamed for four hours with wind... I admit I wanted to strangle the husband! He had to go to bed after half an hour coz he had work, it was me that had to deal with the consequences! The feeds I've done since have been far more successful though he was very overtired after the screaming session. Form is much better this morning

Do they finish the four ounces Millie? My madam would have anything between 3 to 5 ounces during the day and she was 8 weeks on Sunday. I don't know how you do it with two Millie.

Wind can be a nightmare mirror. I don't give her anything anymore for it cause I found nothing helped.

Ps rang mammy for help about calpol.
    Gave her it in the teat of her bottle and she took it no prob at all night work for some people . She went down at 11 and is still asleep now. So please God we have a better day today hate to see her under the weather

mammies are great for the advice :)
    my wee woman slept all night ,she started rumblings round five after going down at ten . I took her up to feed her but she fell back asleep so I left her and she slept till 8 this morning . She had wind before she went down last night so tired herself out crying till it came up!I also stopped giving her anything lashes cos it wasn't doing any good.

millie you deserve a medal . when we were doing the ivf there was a strong possibility of twins and I honestly don't think id have coped!I'd have had to ask my mum to move in!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

They usually drink the four, I found infacol good for wind and the baby gaviscon good for reflux . I think I'm lucky twins were my first, if I'd had a baby already and knew what I was facing into Id have been in panic mode. On a lighter note I'm completely addicted to keeping up with the kardashians. Bible.

Advertisement