Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Have you been to your gp? They might be able to provide you with a plan to help you throughout your pregnancy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I'm in for an appointment in Blanchardstown hospital on Tuesday so I'm going to ask them for more information. Because its cough variant and fairly unusual my GP isn't great for it. In fairness to her, even when I end up in A&E they're like, "you aren't wheezing" and between coughs I end up reminding them "not every asthmatic wheezes" :)

How's everyone doing? I have been feeling more and more movement, every night I go to bed and lie feeling Junior kicking, I just love it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Lashes28 wrote: »
    How's everyone doing? I have been feeling more and more movement, every night I go to bed and lie feeling Junior kicking, I just love it

How far are you gone? Must be 18 weeks if you're feeling a bit of kicking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I feel nothing only massive!!thought I felt flutters this morning but I dunno I think It was wishful thinking!

• Advertisement

Due 31st of December, I'm so confused over how I'm feeling it so soon,but I am!! There was a bit of was it? moments in the beginning but now its proper, was at the docs the other day and heard the heartbeat on the Doppler for the first time was thrilled think I'm gonna invest in one for my son to feel involved :)

Due 31st of December, I'm so confused over how I'm feeling it so soon,but I am!! There was a bit of was it? moments in the beginning but now its proper, was at the docs the other day and heard the heartbeat on the Doppler for the first time was thrilled think I'm gonna invest in one for my son to feel involved :)

Initially I thought it was a bit early but if 31st is the due date then I certainly don't see why not.
    My wife will be 13 weeks on Monday. Seems strange this time around - not that I'm blase about it but it feels a lot different for me the second time.

I'm getting fatter both above and below my belly button. It looks like I'm just completely overweight :( I am overweight but I'm actually still losing weight, its just seems to migrate to my stomach or at least I'm loosing everywhere except my below and above my belly button. It looks weird and I want it to go away.

Yeah but I'm hedging my bets that I'll be over so I'm in January lol, how is your wife doing?
    I have so much energy since a month ago.

Yeah but I'm hedging my bets that I'll be over so I'm in January lol, how is your wife doing?
    I have so much energy since a month ago.

She's definitely feeling a lot less nauseous in the last week or two.
    Still very short of energy but she reckons she's perked up a bit in the last couple of days.

• Advertisement

Same here whiteandlight wish it would just firm a proper bump so I look pregnant as opposed to fat!!

bobskii wrote: »
    Same here whiteandlight wish it would just firm a proper bump so I look pregnant as opposed to fat!!

Its no fun, I miss my normal body shape where even though I was overweight I was balanced. Now I look fat not pregnant. And when I looked it up apparently it can last for most of the pregnancy according to some of the forums.

Ah don't be telling me that!!bet that will be me so!I thought I'd lost my tone (little bit I had) from stopping running,maybe not . only thing that was in my head was it'll be alright when it looks like a bump!!
    Ah well ill get over it I suppose . 7 years getting in shape and fit wasted :'(

bobskii wrote: »
    Ah don't be telling me that!!bet that will be me so!I thought I'd lost my tone (little bit I had) from stopping running,maybe not . only thing that was in my head was it'll be alright when it looks like a bump!!
    Ah well ill get over it I suppose . 7 years getting in shape and fit wasted :'(

Its those who were overweight to begin with, from the sounds of it you will "pop"! I'm hoping I'm also a popper so to speak, I have fingers and toes crossed :)

I'm the same girls, I had size 14 leggings on today if I put the waistband under the 'bump' it's looks like a huge muffin top and if I pull it up a far as it goes I bulge under the band and over it , I would have carried a bit of weight on my tummy anyways, but I was a size 8 starting off, think it's time to invest in proper maternity clothes and pray the tubby look turns in to pregnant looking asap

Lol!I bought maternity clothes today I hope my bump appears very soon!everyone tells me I'm blooming,Yeh bloomin massive :-D
    I've also always carried weight on my belly and it ain't gonna change now!do long as babs is comfy ill put up with lookin this way!

For anyone plus size I've found simplybe's maternity good. I got three jeans and casual pants. I've returned two because the sizing is a little arbitrary but the two that fit are really excellent. PM if you want more info

So how is everyone doing? I'm over 13 weeks now and nausea/vomiting is worse not better. Hoping its just the weather-its so hot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

So how is everyone doing? I'm over 13 weeks now and nausea/vomiting is worse not better. Hoping its just the weather-its so hot!!

Yeah I'm over 13 as well and nausea is the same as bad as ever although I do have some days better than others! I guess it's no set rule of 12 weeks for everyone and my plan from now on is not to expect my body to run by timelines :-) nature is a complex lady ;-) hey what's your due date I bet we're within a few days of each other?!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Hi girls if its any consolation, I am 15 weeks but really suffered morning sickness in week 12 & 13. I had been sick all along but that was the worst period. When I woke up the morning I was on week 14 I literally felt back to my old self so hang in there and it'll pass. I know when I felt sick I didn't want to hear it but hopefully it'll pass for you both as well. Yesterday and today I wasn't feeling great but I am blaming the heat and don't mind when it is only a day here and there. Best of luck to you in getting past the morning sickness!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

Hi girls if its any consolation, I am 15 weeks but really suffered morning sickness in week 12 & 13. I had been sick all along but that was the worst period. When I woke up the morning I was on week 14 I literally felt back to my old self so hang in there and it'll pass. I know when I felt sick I didn't want to hear it but hopefully it'll pass for you both as well. Yesterday and today I wasn't feeling great but I am blaming the heat and don't mind when it is only a day here and there. Best of luck to you in getting past the morning sickness!!
    Aw that is really great to hear hopefully it lifts that edaily for us :-)

How's everyone keepin?hope everyone's sickness is abating and you'll get your energy levels back somewhat normal!I'm 17 weeks now . While I notice I have more energy I feel wrecked if I overdo it!going from one extreme to the other is so annoying!

Yep I'm still super super tired and I'm thinking it's a mixture of heat,being incredibly busy at work, extra weight being lugged around and of course growing another person!! I have my gender scan booked for two weeks time when I'll be 19 weeks and can't wait until then so I can start picking up bits in the colour!

I wish I could embrace this extra weight but it's annoying me cos I have no clothes that fit properly on me,I'm putting off wearin maternity clothes as I don't gave a proper bump yet,still just look like I ate too much lol!!
    The heat is a killer especially at nighttime,I'm thankful I'm not heavily pregnant tho ,that would be pure torture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Hi everyone, joining up here. I'm due at the end of January-can't believe it! Still have the nausea/vomiting but other than that it isn't too bad so far (apart from the two hour naps!). I hit 14 weeks this week, over a third of the way there?! Time is going so fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Amanda7326

Hi ladies,

Going to join you on here :-)

Am due 6th of Jan so just 17 weeks today

Question for you ladies - have any of you felt any movement yet and if so when did it start?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Hi all, back after my holidays. Just over 17 weeks now and felt flutters since last week. Had pick and mix yesterday and felt loads of movement. Sugar must have made the baby hyper. All my sickness gone since week 13 so second trimester being very kind so far. Long may it last! Hope everyone is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Amanda7326 wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

Going to join you on here :-)

Am due 6th of Jan so just 17 weeks today

Question for you ladies - have any of you felt any movement yet and if so when did it start?

No, I feel nothing :-( just adding to my permanent paranoia that something is wrong!

In fairness on my last baby I didn't feel anything til well after 20 weeks. It was down to placement of placenta apparently. Anyway it's awful when people say, oh 17 weeks you must be feeling lots of kicks! Hopefully little baba will make his/her presence known soon!

I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and think I've been feeling wee flutters but I'm not so sure it's only maybe twice . id need to be concentrating to really feel them tho!

• Advertisement

Well I don't feel the kicks until I'm lying or sitting down.. but it's nearly every time I sit down or ly down at this stage..I love it!!

Advertisement