Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Brought my little lady with me to get my hair done today !! risky business but she slept. Must of been the noise of the dryers! Happy days and I feel fab!!

What do you make of Kim's hair Millie? It's a show!

Have any of ye invested in baby monitors yet? I got motorla ones by recommendation in argos they are half price at the mo and absolutely amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

thanks rentdayblues after I fed her yesterday myself I put am ounce In a bottle and gave it to her,it was more to let her get used to the team . she only drank half of it and most of it went down her chin but ill keep trying.

I have the angel care monitor lashes it was given to me by a friend . I must toot it out now that I have her sleeping in her own basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

I have the angelcare and use it every night. Used it on my son too.I am dying to get my hair cut. Having a crappy day today. She is just out of sorts. Didn't sleep great last night.

We had two days of really unsettled Ness and temperature. It's so hard. I hope you have a good night tonight with her. If I could just figure out what she wanted life would be so much easier!! Great to hear you are making some progress bobskii

• Advertisement

Thanks Lashes. Think I am coming down with something. Really sore throat. Thank God it's the weekend and my husband is here. She slept better last night. From 11 til 5 and back again after a feed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Oh no mind yourself, being sick with a baby is like my worst nightmare.

We got the next 2 me crib this week (our cot only fitted at the end of the bed which was driving me nuts). It's been a big hit with baba, slept 9-3 then 3-645 the first night and then last night.... Drumroll please!.... Slept the night!! 10-7! Unbelievable :) And it's not illness, he's wet as usual, not running a temp or anything. God Im afraid to hope he does it again!

If he's sleeping that long do you think I should give 6oz for the last feed? He drains 5oz every 4hrs or so now but I'm a bit worried that he will be starving in his sleep!

That's brilliant Mirrorwall . I would say you are delighted. What weight is he? I read that metabolically they are physically able to sleep the night at 11 lbs.

Mirror I make up 6 ounces for her last feed just in case she doesn't usually drain it but I try to make sure she's full before bed.

Get well soon fall my son is smoothered too he's banned from the bubs!! I don't want her to get it too

try honey and lemon in hot water for the throat fall it worked for me . Id say if he was hungry In his sleep mirrorwall he would wake would he not?

• Advertisement

Good point bobskii lol. We made up 6 and he took the full five, maybe a slight bit over and we got two nights in a row! Tho it was nearly 1130 when he got to sleep last night. He's mooching himself awake beside me here. I have to say it's the funniest thing ever. He's just like his mom, hates waking up. It's like its far too much effort and he keeps falling back to sleep mid stretch!

if he's anything like my woman he won't b long letting you know if he's hungry!she went down at 10.30 last night and slept till 6 , can't complain about that!!

Monday again. The weeks are flying by. Baby definitely sleeping much longer at night which is great. She is getting so big, nine weeks this week. Hope these vaccines don't mess up my little routine.

We were up and down last night again. Ah well two nights in a row at just under six weeks is not to be sneezed at!

Bedtime routines questions!

So we have baby in next 2 me cot in my room and plan on him using that until at least 6 months but I'm a bit confused as to bedtime routines! I do want to get started on one and in the habit.

So most online advice is bedtime between 630/730. We have a bit of a routine already in that he does his last feed downstairs with me on the couch (dads in bed) with tv off so it's quiet. Wind him, then upstairs for a change of clothes, night nappy and sleep sack. I plan on adding in a song/book here. if cranky more winding, if not into bed and I keep an eye on him (soother etc if needed) until he falls asleep coz I'm beside him in bed. The problem is that we do this between 930-11pm depending on what time his last feed is at.

What I'm confused about is if I move 'bedtime' back to the previous feed (530-7) do I need to go to bed with him? Or is it at this stage I need a monitor so that I stay up? If I move the bedtime I will to do the 'dream feed' idea since he usually has a feed at that time anyways. Dad goes to bed about 930 and dozed off by 10 so dad can do his wind down in the spare room instead of our bed (and not wake up the baby) and I can pick up the baba for a 'dream feed' then bed myself.

Am I overthinking this? I'm a bit of a night owl so the idea of having to go to bed at 730 is alien to me! Any suggestions? Is it too early? Since he slept the night twice already I do think a better routine would be good for both of us

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

With our first child, once she dropped the night feed and slept from 11ish to 7ish, we just gradually kept moving back bedtime every few nights by a few minutes until we eventually got to a stage where she was going down for the night at 7.
    That way, we avoided the whole "dream feed" dilemma and she never looked for it.

My poor baby is unwell. The dose has gotten hold of me and her today and now she's up for a feed. So unlike her the poor pet. Anyone e know if there is anything I can give her??

Mirror our last Feed is different times every night depending on how the day was. I just do the same time thing every evening. Bath boppy bed. Sometimes she is awake going in other times she's not. I swaddle her too. To try to let her know that this is bed time. It works for me. She's never had a dream feed always has woken for them so I can't help you on that one. I'd say just do whatever suits you. At this age nothing will be set in stone hope he's having a good night for you tonight

Heroditas did you go to bed at the same time as the baby? I suppose that's the bit that has me confused, I'll barely see my husband if I go to bed too at 7!

Lashes that's rough. What is the dose? Are you the two weeks ahead of me? At 2 months calpol has a version if running a temp and I'm pretty sure snuffle rub is fine.

Sorry to hear that Lashes. Hope she feels better soon.
    I use the monitor with my baby anytime she goes in the cot. She gets the last feed in the bedroom around ten with the lights off ( just a little night light). Sleeps til six then a feed and sleeps til around ten. I will gradually move her time back going to bed and hopefully get her eight to eight but I would only expect that to happen over the next month. She knows as soon as she goes in to the dark room that it's bed and she starts to settle herself straight away.

I think you can give her calpol lashes . I gave it to my lo wen she had her jabs . If she's all stuffed up you can use the snuffle baby or calpol do a room vaporiser but I'm not sure what age that's for.

• Advertisement

There is a saline spray that an be used from birth to help clear their noses if she is too young for anything else.
    Bobskii are you bursting full of milk in the morning? Since my baby started to drop the night feed I am leaking so much. Does it settle down?

Yeh it settles I used to be like that first thing but not so much now .my lo has started waking at 4 again for some reason . I try not to feed her tho . just give her the so other . she didn't go down till 10.30 last night cos my brother called and she was busy investigating him bit she slept till 8.

Yeah I had given her calpol for her injections. She hasn't stopped coughing or sneezing all night. She was waking up every 15/20 minutes because she was trying to breathe through her nose. I felt so helpless she doesn't really take a sooqther and she couldn't breathe with it anyways I couldn't do anything to help. Feed her at 4 thinking it might help settle her and she vomited it up. :(

We had her christening on Sunday all went well. Another thing over and done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Heroditas did you go to bed at the same time as the baby? I suppose that's the bit that has me confused, I'll barely see my husband if I go to bed too at 7!

Initially yes, but once her bedtime went back earlier than 10pm, we would stay up until we were ready to go to bed ourselves.

what about an aspirator lashes?it clears the nose . I was lookin at them in boots there in the Lawrence.

Thanks everyone, we'll take it as it comes!

I have eat baby who is refusing to sleep today. Stayed awake for five hours straight earlier and won't settle for longer then 10-15 minutes. He has an eye infection though and seems to be rubbing at it so must be annoying him. Cleaning it with saline like the first one he had but I'll show it to the doc tomorrow anyways

Lashes that sounds distressing for you as well as the baby. Hopefully it calms down a bit for ye

That's tough Mirrorwall. Will he even sleep in your arms? Let him if he will it will break that cycle. I find When they get overtired they can't self soothe.
    Lashes the saline spray literally makes the snot run out of their nose. My baby had a blocked nose one night and it woke her up every five minutes. I got the saline spray the next day and it did a great job. You can use it as often as necessary.

Another rough night last night. I've Vicks on a wet cloth on the radiator to try to unblock both of us and saline spray is coming home with daddy at 2. Hes at work n just rang me to say he has it too even tho he slept in spare room last night not to wake us at 5...Please God it doesn't last too much longer

Hope things start to settle soon Lashes. Sunshine gone again. So sick of this weather.

• Advertisement

same as that fall . I was looking forward to getting out for a good walk with herself today . went for an hour and a half Sunday and it was lovely.

Advertisement