Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Well had a fairly ok night, finally got him down about 12 or so. He actually napped this morning too albeit on me! The eye is clearing up already thank God and he's not rubbing it as much

Lashes that sucks for ty our OH, hope things improve! Steam is good for colds so maybe run a very hot bath and sit in the bathroom with babs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

We are over the worst of it, got sleep last night, she slept from 9 til 7.30 woohoo
    Hope all is well
    On a moany note I am sick of washing clothes

Lashes28 wrote: »
    We are over the worst of it, got sleep last night, she slept from 9 til 7.30 woohoo
    Hope all is well
    On a moany note I am sick of washing clothes

That's awesome!! I hear you on the clothes. I realised yesterday that the OH has not washed a single item of baby clothes or cooked dinner (apart from ordering take away)! He'll help me with dinner but won't take any initiative. He's a good Dad and great with the baby but I have to remind him of everything and I feel bad but I get annoyed. Like last night he said he'd make up the bottles and he forgot. Now it was genuinely forgetting but at the same time I end up reminding him.

We had the BCG this morning and baba is well tho a bit lethargic. Hard to know if that's just normal and I'm overthinking it but he's not screaming the place down anyways!

On a totally seperate lol we tried the baby dance last night (not with any intention of a baby!!) and T was having none of it, literally woke up and started screaming at just the wrong moment.... Frustrated parents rofl!

Mirror what's your babies name? Is T the initial?
    Hahaha he's scarred for life now lol

+++1 on the helping. I've just given up asking at this stage cause I do be sick of my own voice. Men are just not wired like us, they see nothing only Cheltenham this week lol

My munchkin was no different after bcg. I don't think there should be any side effects. Or so health nurse said that day anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Imagine still no bcg here due to a back log. Madness. Had two month vaccinations. Went grand. She looked at me as if to say I can't believe you hurt me. Glad you are back on track Lashes. Mirror you gave me a giggle. It's like they know! Wind issues really starting to settle and she is interacting so much more. My son is mad about her :-)

• Advertisement

He was next door with my phone/OHs working as monitors in fairness so he didn't know :) It really was farcical after all the preparation lol

It is his initial, it's a fairly distinctive name and with all the info on this thread don't want to completely be identifiable!

Men! They really are a bit oblivious sometimes. He'll ask 'can I do anything' when I'm making bottles/washing the dishes etc and I'm like well it's a bit late when I'm midway through! He just doesn't see things that need to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I hear ye on the help or lack of it!drive ya mental I'm sick of listening to myself giving out so I have up too.
    wind has settled here too sometimes she'll just unatch burp and latch back on.

How long are you hoping to breastfeed Bobskii? Any joy with a bottle?

by the looks of things ill be breastfeeding till she decides otherwise!!I had Initially said 6 weeks so I don't really know . No joy with the bottle she's still just playing with the teat in her mouth.
    If I can get her on the bottle ill Feed her until she cuts teeth and then go to bottles full time . How long do intend to feed?I'm actually very surprised I got this far with it tbh!

Lol I just said I'll prob be still feeding every three hours in junior infants. Interrupting class for a boppy. You will be doing it too bobskii lol.

I was just wondering what the t was bit confused.

Yeah then the text from oh what's for dinner? When he's at work. I'm up to my tìts in bottles and housework with unbrushed hair I haven't a bloody clue!!

• Advertisement

that's the way it's lookin!!We have had a very very cranky day . I'm just getting her settled now . I dunno if it's wind or if she's starting to teeth . She was out of sorts last nite too . I'm exhausted cos she's been crying since lunch time on and off., and today was the day everyone decided to visit!!

Oh man that sounds rough bobskii, hopefully she settles for the night for you. Were they helpful visitors at least?

I take it all back, my husband is currently washing the dishes after sterlising bottles and I didn't ask!

No problem Lashes, it feels weird calling him "the baby" all the time even when typing!

an dines folding clothes!!nope not helpful at all . my son's friends mum, nice lady but loves to gossip about people which I don't!then one of my best friends who's grand, the sort who treats my house like her own!had my sone driving me up the wall cos he was going away for the weekend so it was 'mam where's my"!
    I cannot wait to see my bed tonight!!

I am just taking each week as it comes when it comes to feeding. Hope she settles down for you Bobskii. The day is never ending when they are like that.

We are having a needy day she's good in your arms but dare put her down. I guess she's still a little out of sorts from sickness

I though teething was happening here too. She never has her hands out if her moutrh and I need a dribbler on her all day with the dribbled. I seen a tip on Facebook. To hold the teeth of a doody and submerge it under water let go and put it in the freezer. She enjoys them but they don't last too long!!

must try that one!she's sleep on here I'm my arms now so hope that cheers her up a bit!she's got her first birthday party tomorrow so I'm hoping she's in good for for it.

We are just having the chats and giggles lol
    It's amazing they have such a great social life already lol
    How's your little man's eye mirror? My son used to suffer awful with his

she's so cute!!I'm afraid to move now incase she kicks off again, she's usually such a good humoured wee pet I hate to see her so upset . I'm here thinking now maybe it was coffee I drank today,haven't had any . Since I got pregnant.

Happy mothers day to ye all. Hope you get pampered today even just for five minutes lol.

Thumpette you and Max are in my heart today xXxX

same to you lashes . I should be barred from that massive tesco in drogheda spent another fortune I'm it today on clothes for the boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Happy mothers day to ye all. Hope you get pampered today even just for five minutes lol.

Thumpette you and Max are in my heart today xXxX

Thanks Lashes, that means so much xxxx

Hope all the Jan Mammies had a great day. We're in Lanzerote trying to escape it all. Yesterday was tough but I got through it. It seems like such a simple wish to want my little guy here with me, but the most impossible wish in the world.

Been managing to read a book which feels like such an achievement and writing away in my blog.

https://l4stars.wordpress.com

Hugs to all the lovely Mums and babies xxx

I've been reading your blog since you started it thumpette, I think you have a great way with words to get across to people how certain things they may do or say make you feel.

Belated happy Mother's Day to all. Delighted the sun is out. How is everyone doing?

sun out is a great mood booster!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

anyone's baby have colic? if so you're probably too busy trying to calm your baby for checking boards.ie but it would be great to get another opinion on this / reassurance from another mum going through the same :-)

My daughter was diagnosed with colic even though she doesn't cry a lot with it and she is definitely growing out of it now at ten weeks. Colief and infant probiotics were a godsend. When she was at her worst all she wanted to do was breastfeed because it was the only thing giving her comfort. How old is your baby Nicman?

Got out for two walks in the last two days,the sling is the way to go. Feel like a new woman even tho period is back heavier than ever :(
    But yay Sun!

Started her on hungrier food to see if she will settle more today eeekkk
    Have sil christening this weekend. So it will be my third night out since she was born! I never got out this much before hand
    How's the bottles coming along breastfeeders?

Thumpette it took me a few days to read though your blog. Ur an amazing woman and max will never be far from my thoughts xxx

Ps bobskii have you been to balbriggan Tesco? I find their clothes range better than Drogheda

We have enough clothes to do us for the first 18 months. It's not stopping me from buying tho lol
    The next sale is on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

fall wrote: »
    My daughter was diagnosed with colic even though she doesn't cry a lot with it and she is definitely growing out of it now at ten weeks. Colief and infant probiotics were a godsend. When she was at her worst all she wanted to do was breastfeed because it was the only thing giving her comfort. How old is your baby Nicman?

Hi Fall, what were her symptoms? My boy is 6 weeks old and was diagnosed a few weeks ago with reflux and we thought that was all he hadd but for the last two weeks he's gotten much worse and appears to have all the symptoms of colic :-( great to hear your lady is growing out of it already we're demented here with all the crying! My husband says im spoiling him and its attention he's looking for but he gets so hysterical it can't be attention and I just can't leave him crying like that without trying to do something. it sounds like he's in awful pain when he's bad and then he won't sleep which leads to him being overtired and not able to sleep after the next feed... its a vicious circle!

• Advertisement

lashes do not tell me that I'm bad enough!!got out walk in myself the past two days but didn't today cos I'm having an arthritis flare up and I'm in agony :(
    I gave up on the bottles she was having none of it and was just a trading herself out every time we tried . I'll try again in a couple of weeks but I don't hold out any hope!

Advertisement