Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

it is mad, pity having that didn't work for me, would have saved me a fortune. altho it was money well spent :) and I wouldn't change it for the world.

it is mad, pity having that didn't work for me, would have saved me a fortune. altho it was money well spent :) and I wouldn't change it for the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

I know. Ivf was the next step. I had polyps removed , d and c's, hysteroscopies and every time I would think it would be all systems go. Thank God no more monthly disappointments. I really feel lucky.

same as that and then u just gave up on it ever happening!my oh wanted to go for ivf so I said I'd give it one go and thankfully it worked . We have a frozen embryo to use if we want but I dunno what to do .

That is a big decision alright. Do you have a time frame within which you have to decide? Fair play to you on the ivf. I don't know if I would have gone through with it. It is tough. I am done now. Boy and a girl. Loving the girls clothes after all the boy stuff.

• Advertisement

well I'm 40 next year so I would want to have had the baby by then if I'm gonna have one . I just think if I have another one so soon I won't get to enjoy this one!It could happen naturally if we tried perhaps but I'm very undecided and I'd rather enjoy the one I have than fret about having another . There's a massive gap in my two and then to have two together would be hard work!

I totally get what you are saying. Two under two would be tough going. I have a similar gap between my two and I think the older one would find two babies really tough.

I think it would be too much and altho my oh is willing to do anything when it comes down to it I do the brunt of the work with herself . so dealing with that and being pregnant would be tough . I've a friend pregnant at the minute and her little dude will be 22 months when the next one arrives, she's already feeling the strain. and like you said my older boy(technically hes a man I kno) I think would feel really pushed out if we had another one . hubby is all for it tho so we need to have big chats as they say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Tough times for you both a year ago and big decisions bobskii. I was very lucky, we got pregnant within three weeks of deciding to try. Pretty sure it was actually the first proper attempt because the OH was away. It's only since Ive been involved in the oregnancy forum here and in r/babybumps that I've realised how incredibly lucky I was.

My mums 'talk' to us as teenagers was spot on. In her words 'I got pregnant first time, every time. Be careful'

That was me on my first but very different for number two.

• Advertisement

I got pregnant using contraception on my first!!

Actually just to clarify, I meant we tried then the husband went away. I only just realised how that could be read!!

lol mirrorwall

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

Nicman are you formula or breast feeding? We use the colief drops and they have been a godsend. They are not convenient to use when out and about and the gas bouts after a normal bottle are horrible. Having said that even with them we have had a few two hour screaming sessions in the last week or so. They're exhausting and a little terrifying.

Anyone else running bad headaches/period cramps but no period? It's annoying me! Very very mild twinges, feels like day three for me and has been on and off for the last few days[/QUOTE]

Lads sorry - never got the notification to say I had a reply and I don't check this thread regularly enough. Im formula feeding now, was breastfeeding for 3 weeks but it didnt go well to say the least but he was just as bad when i was breastfeeding. I tried him on colief and it didnt seem to suit him but I've since been told he has colic, he has all the symptoms as well as the reflux. But there's good news with this - I brought him for acupuncture for it as i heard it can help and nothing else i was doing was working.... he's a different baby since seriously! Can't believe the change. He gets a little cranky in the evening as do alot of babies but he's not hysterically crying for hours and hours come 5pm!He's laughing and smiling all the time and in gret form when awake. before this if he was awake chances are he was crying. I can't get over it. I'd defo recommend it to anyone whose baby has some digestive problems. :-)

...can't believe everyone on here is talking christenings already ! It doesn't seem that long ago we were all comparing different pregnancy stories and aches and pains and joys! crazy stuff :-) Take a step back mums and look at the little bundle of perfection you've made and cherish the tiny-ness of him/her I feel it's going so fast already (although in saying that the first three weeks were honestly the longest of my life ;-) haha!). x

Delighted things have improved Nicman. The first few weeks are tough but already seem so far away. It really is flying by
    Ha ha Mirrorwall, your secret is safe with us ;-)

I've had slight success with the mam bottle tonight . hallelujah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Wow a December 2015 thread holy moly!! It's so bizzare

This time last year we were off in Portugal on holidays making babies lol.how quick time has gone

Bobskii I was the same got pregnant on my first when I was using contraception but obviously not well enough lol. I'm having such the same dilemmas as yourselves. I am so worried even tho my son is 10 that two siblings would be really off putting for him. But then i seen how lonely he grew up as a only child so giving little madam a bro/sis would be lovely for her. And then the workload would be huge and oh is all for one more but he has no idea how hard it is when he's at work all day. Decisions decisions.

It's so bizzare she turned 12 weeks on Sunday when she rolled for the first time and we can see the corners of her bottom teeth already!! How fast she's growing up!! Did a wash counted 41 bibs. She's dribbling so much! And how sad it excited me to count them lol

Rolling already, she is flying along Lashes. My girl is a right drooler too. Just in the last week. Flying through the bibs. Love how much they change every week. The smiles just melt me.

same here I can see her two bottom teeth just under the gum and she keeps clamping down on me with her gums which is flipping sore might I add!!
    its a dilemma alright and we haven't discussed it properly,I get subtle hints from my oh when he's having daddy/ daughter chats!

She's gas fall. She rolled 5 times and hasn't done it since!! Thank god her bro was around to see it or nobody would believe me lol. She ain't a performer.

I would secretly like one more. Then a wedding. My backward life lol

How is she after the bottle bobskii? Has anyone thought about weaning? I'm reading about it. Can't remember weaning my son I just remember he was never as hungry as madam

• Advertisement

Yeah baby led weaning seems to be the buzz at the moment. AnAbel Karmel was all the rage on my first. I dont know what to do either. Are you all waiting until six months?

I'm gonna have a chat with nurse at next needles. I have moved her into hungrier food and was getting four hours out of her but she wasn't sleeping through the night. So back to three hours and sleeping through the night . I'd like to think when she starts eating shes more settled.
    What toys are popular with your guys?

she was fine after the bottle last night . decided to pump and leave her with my mum today, first time leaving her.
    She got on fine , mum gave her two oz before she got too hungry . she took it but did throw up!but she sometimes does that after breastfeed too so ill keep trying.
    phn told me not to introduce solids till she's at least 5 months . I've been lookin into it and baby led weaning seems to b all the rage . I remember doing that with my son just giving him bits of what we were having.

Did you constantly feel like you were missing something bobskii? It's mind boggling when they are not with you.
    Wish this weather would lift to get out more.

lol YehI keep my right arm!!

Man teeth and rolling already? Our little lad isnt at that yet lol though I'm watching for the rolling coz I trust him about as far as I'd throw him :)

He had his two month jabs this morning and he's slept most of the evening away at this stage. I'm hoping it doesn't screw up our lovely sleep through the night pattern! He was so funny, was woken up by the jabs and was so insulted that we would wake him never mind stick a needle in him. It was pure outrage and temper tears, all I could do was laugh!

Fit in to my first jeans from before I was pregnant today wooohooo now to get into my shorts

Hope all is well with everyone

sane as that altho I still have a belly in them!started back at ww and have nearly a stone off in 3 weeks . That weather is great for getting out and about .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hi everyone!

Hope all the Jan mums and babies are doing great.

We marked 3 months yesterday since Max was born, it's so heartbreaking to think of what a happy milestone it should be, and what a little smiler he should now be. We're doing ok, coping at least. Still no bfp, but I think I'm finally returning to a normal cycle so I'm hopeful.

We've also been doing lots of running and finished the c25k programme yesterday. I'm doing the mini marathon in June in Max's memory. I popped on to say hello, and to share this blog and to see if anyone would like to sponsor me. Absolutely no pressure, but you were all such a support to me since that awful time so I just wanted to share where we are at. Hugs to all the beautiful babbas xxx

https://l4stars.wordpress.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Advertisement