Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

good to hear from you Thumpette , I check in on your blog every now and then to see how your getting on . you'll enjoy the mini marathon I did it a couple of years ago for Crumlin . I sent you a small donation there and best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

bobskii wrote: »
    good to hear from you Thumpette , I check in on your blog every now and then to see how your getting on . you'll enjoy the mini marathon I did it a couple of years ago for Crumlin . I sent you a small donation there and best of luck with it.

Thanks so much xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Thumpette I think of you often - glad to get your update.

Would be delighted to support your chosen charity, wish you all the best for the mini marathon!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Hi Thumpette, just read your blog and sponsored you. Think of you often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Donated too thumpette your also on my mind regularly

How's everyone doing??

Just wondering if ye could advise me, the startle reflex, are any of your babies really bad with it? Little miss has always been bad with it ,walk I g downstairs,turning off lights etc, but yesterday omg She was on her play mat, went out of the room came back and she was purple/red in the face arms out either side and not breathing. I picked her up and she snapped out of it. There was no one or nothing around her to scare her She gave me the worst fright of my life, I'm in docs next week anyway for needles so I'm gonna say it to her then,if it happens again before that I bring her sooner. My son never ever did it.

• Advertisement

my little woman did that for awhile top lashes . I asked the nurse when she was getting her injections and she said it's normal for babies to do it,it is scary when it happens tho . just ask in the docs when your in anyway for peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Thanks so so much, really appreciate it! That sounds so scary Lashes, no wonder you got a fright. Xxx

It really gave me a heart sinking fright! She never has done it before with out a reason. And I just kept thinking how lucky I was to have walked back in so soon.thanks so so much for the reassurance bobskii I didn't wanna seem like an ott mother worrying about normal reactions

Has the thoughts of the bold 'work' started to creep in with ye? I really dont wanna go back but it has to be done.

try putting her arms In by her side if it happens again you will see her relax, the nurse said It's a reaction they get when they think they are falling, even when they are lying down flat.

Every time I think of work it turns my stomach and I'm not back till September but like you ill have to go back :(

Dreading work too. Loving being at home with my little sunny girl. Time to start doing the lotto! Well done on the weight loss Bobskii.

• Advertisement

I think it's affecting my milk supply tho fall , the last few nights she has been awake during the night and I think us because she's hungry . I'm gonna try drinking loads more water card see how that goes.

when are ye due back at work . the time is going way too fast!

I'm back 17th June :'( we are saving for a mortgage rather than renting too so unless I win the lotto I won't be having the choice, the thoughts of been away all day is pure killing me. Mam can't wait to get her paws on her to get her into a 'proper routine' so that's not halping either.

How did your boppy feeding go bobskii? We are still every three hours here, but nights are good. Can't keep her in dribblers, I have two carosels on the line full trying to dry, wish a little tooth would just pop through they are so close

it's a pain in the ass my mum is the same but I dunno if she's up to minding her, will see when the time comes!
    I haven't given her a bottle in over a week, it's my own fault cos I haven't had time and it's just easier to give her what she's used to.
    anyone else's hair falling out . mine is and it's so annoying after having great hair while pregnant!

My daughter is waking hungry at the night too Bobskii. There is usually a big growth spurt around now. We are awake every four hours. Lashes that is so soon. . I am off til September. Not looking forward to big crèche bill

well that explains it fall!she was awake at 2, 6 and 8 the wee monkey . got our letter from hari today to pay our storage for our frostie they don't hang around its was a year yesterday since I had my transfer.

Had similar here and snuffles too. Is it expensive Bobskii? Delighted you got your little one after such a long road.

we are just over the snuffles and a sticky eye too . It's three hundred euro to store for another year , not a lot Compared to what we forked out last year to get our little woman.

Oh bobskii the hair is falling out in chunks!! It's scary..
    Just got a call from phn for her three month developmental tomorrow,did anyone else get it yet?? What happens at it?
    Anyone know if you can sell an organ? Might pay for a few more months off lol.
    Maybe it's a growth spurt last week madam was up at 4 and 5 for three nights in a row and then went back to normal again.
    Sorted through her clothes today. So much stuff, we definitely need no shopping trips but it's too hard not too

Oh and we had sniffles again but put it down to teeth

we had ours few weeks ago . She checked her weight head circumference and length . then did a couple reflex checks . told me not to give her solids till she was at least 5 months and that was it!

• Advertisement

Has any of your bubs not started to pick things up etc?? My lady loves to chew hers hands but hasn't realised she can grab for toys etc no matter how hard I try to encourage her. On that wonder weeks she should be doing it,but I know it's not always the case. The phn will love me with a million questions tomoz lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Mines no where near picking things up Lashes. He's just about batting at things but tbh I don't think he's really doing it intentionally. He's happily chewing on his hands and playing with his fingers-looks like he's plotting things lol!

You thinking of going again Bobskii? We do want to have two but obviously not starting just now, I want a bit of recovery time! I'm kinda thinking about this time next year or so. Aiming for baby T to be turning 2 when the new one came along (assuming we are lucky enough to have another). It would also mean a full proper year in school next year. I'm the only music teacher so its terrifying handing over the department in case I come back to a depleted dept if students don't pick the subject.

I love this thread , you guys reassure me so much ,thanks so much

Mirror I hope to have one more closer than nine years apart lol,three it's the magic number 😜

well I better go again soon if I'm going to, don't think I'd be fit in another 19 years :D
    this wee woman is starting to reach out to things but she's a couple of weeks older than your doll lashes and it makes a difference . mainly likes whacking the jungle gym with her hands.
    We have a half assed plan to try again later In the year and if nothing happens then back to hari and go from there.

well I better go again soon if I'm going to, don't think I'd be fit in another 19 years :D
    this wee woman is starting to reach out to things but she's a couple of weeks older than your doll lashes and it makes a difference . mainly likes whacking the jungle gym with her hands.
    We have a half assed plan to try again later In the year and if nothing happens then back to hari and go from there.

Bashing things here but again more accidental. She shouts at the things on the play mat. Definitely found her voice. So you will all be here on different threads for your next babies. Would have to win the lotto to go again. Childcare is so expensive here, about a grand a month and then have to pay for my son to be collected and dropped to school. Making the most of this little one.

fall wrote: »
    Bashing things here but again more accidental. She shouts at the things on the play mat. Definitely found her voice. So you will all be here on different threads for your next babies. Would have to win the lotto to go again. Childcare is so expensive here, about a grand a month and then have to pay for my son to be collected and dropped to school. Making the most of this little one.

We just ours organised, 180 a week childminder. We're lucky with teachers hols tho, I only have to pay her for school term and that saves a hell of a lot over the course of the year

that's a lot of money for childcare fall, I'm only doin 4 days and one of them is a Sunday so the oh can have her that day . I'm lucky too that I have all school holidays so I'm off a good bit too.

bobskii wrote: »
    that's a lot of money for childcare fall, I'm only doin 4 days and one of them is a Sunday so the oh can have her that day . I'm lucky too that I have all school holidays so I'm off a good bit too.

It's only now I'm realising how much of a savings it is, there's a big difference between 32 weeks childcare at 180 and 48 or so (annual leave)!!

• Advertisement

I know Yeh makes me appreciate my job even if it is a pain in the assignment sometimes!

Advertisement