Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

lol ass I meant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

And here I was complaining about Nanny taking over...I'm blessed !!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

I still have to pay for the weeks off but not the summer. Where did you find your childminder Mirrorwall? People have to pay even when the kids are on holidays in most crèches. The prices in Dublin are a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

fall wrote: »
    I still have to pay for the weeks off but not the summer. Where did you find your childminder Mirrorwall? People have to pay even when the kids are on holidays in most crèches. The prices in Dublin are a joke.

I put adds up on schooldays and rollercoaster making it clear it was school weeks only. Got about 20 replies, was very surprised tbh! Ya I got a quote from giraffe and they were like oh you know you know have to pay 2 days in the summer and I'm like, that's nice but I don't want to pay any days?!

Is the childminder coming to your house? What are the hours? Might look into the child minder route.

• Advertisement

Just home from phn, she's referring us to some community nurse to rule out epilepsy as daddy has it and the episodes she's been having. I have to make a note of every time it happens and the cause if any.she's been overly cautious
    Also she's giving her a months grace on grasping if she's still not caught on to it I have to go back to her, but with babies one day they haven't a clue,next they are experts
    Also spoon feeding, she said guidelines are 6 months but most babies can't last till then. So anytime after 4 esp cause she's a hungry baby
    Mirror have you changed filter on prep machine yet? Our light hasn't come on yet.

bet she'll stop the startles thing in a few weeks . no harm getting It checked anyway but it sounds exactly what my lo was at., she's stopped it now.

The phn told me the same about spoon feeding she said absolutely not before 5 months but to be honest if ages hungry I'm gonna feed her simple as that.

Yeah I'm not really worried tbh what's the age difference between our bubs?

Was reading into baby led. Feeding,I'm a little afraid of it tbh .
    Has any one planned hols with their bundles yet??

I was December27 what was your wee One? We were away for the weekend with the boss, I just kept her to her routine of bed at 9, but you probably mean sunnier climates!! :D

Spain for two weeks in July. I have the three month check next week. Hard to believe she is 14 weeks already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Hi everyone, isnt time flying along and omg the amount of baby clothes I've had to clear out, little monsters growing like the grass. Tough old station but the smiles and giggles numb the tiredness headaches. Can't stop eating biscuits!!! Will never shift this last stone��

hi millie was thinking of you the other day when I seen a woman in tescos pushing triplet boys in a buggy!dunno how ye do it!

bobskii wrote: »
    hi millie was thinking of you the other day when I seen a woman in tescos pushing triplet boys in a buggy!dunno how ye do it!

It's rough going tbh and I haven't enjoyed lots of it as I've been so tired and cranky and fighting with the oh for no reason but then I think god I'm so lucky especially after I miscarried my first. Plus they are adore able little monsters ! !!! Babydom is hard bloody work and I have huge respect for the women who did it years ago with none of the gadgets we have or the husbands/partners who want to be involved. must creep out of room now I think they've finally nodded off........

my little monster won't go down till 9 and she has been playing up this few nights waking every two hours so I can't imagine what it's like with two doing that!!Although they will be great buddies for each other in years to come.

Im minding my cousins baby tonight so was just thinking of you Too Millie all the time with the two eeek!! Although cousins baby is only 6 weeks and not teething so shes so much easier!!

Any tips on teething, the dribbles are unreal, she's so so unsettled,tried calgel,bonjela,teetha nothing is easing it

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Im minding my cousins baby tonight so was just thinking of you Too Millie all the time with the two eeek!! Although cousins baby is only 6 weeks and not teething so shes so much easier!!

Any tips on teething, the dribbles are unreal, she's so so unsettled,tried calgel,bonjela,teetha nothing is easing it

I put them up at seven and then the dance begins sometimes the have a wiggle on the play mat then it's dody patrol till they nod off. . Re the teething put the dody in the freezer or soak a face cloth in water pop in freezer and they chew away mad. Also you can get dodya that have what looks like a gum shield instead of the soother bit, try chilling that with bongela on it before you pop it in their mouths. Twins are gas craic , when I'm pushing the buggy through town in stopped every five mins , people just grab the buggy and question me up and down. I'm like a minor celeb trying to go to lidl 😀

I just gave the boss her first teetha sachet tonight so we'll see how that goes . I second putting the dodi In the freezer when the teat has water in it., them letting her suck on it . my little woman has the fingers chewed off herself!

Yeah same here bobskii can you just imagine the shock they are gonna get when they chew and there's a tooth chomping on their little fingers lol.
    Fair play to ye getting them to bed early. That's great going. If I seen twinies out the same age as my little one I would be questioning you too Millie lol like how the heck?!? Lol
    Little lady has also just started to figure very clumsily that she has hands that she controls woohoo. Now to stop the little episodes she's having and we will be grand

Have you had 4 month injections yet bobskii is it one or two jabs?

have booked them in for next week :(
    it's two and then the 6 month one is 3!!I bloody dread them!!

God the drool.... I'm going to the inlaws for 24hrs tomorrow, I have 8 bibs packed not including the spares that are in my handbag, the car and the nappy bag...! And not a sign of a tooth yet though I think they are bothering him a bit, he likes when I press on the bottom gums.

We're at three months now and he's much more active and alert which is great craic, developing different sounds too apart from crying :) Transferred to the cor for the morning nap which has been working well except for this morning where he lay up there and cooed to himself for 40mins!

How's everyone getting on? I spotted triplets in my area too, man the buggy is as big as a car-terrifying!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Our little one is three months old today. We seem to have turned a corner with her too. She was having trouble doing dirty nappies regularly but we started using Udo's Choice once a day and she's now having at least one dirty nappy a day and is a lot happier.
    Still tough getting her to nap and she has difficulty settling herself - she still can't find her thumb and detests soothers.
    Still, we're now getting her to bed at 9.30 and, more often than not, she's sleeping through to 6. The plan is to move bedtime back to 8.30 this week.
    We'll soon have our evenings back to relax!!! :D

Almost 17 weeks here and the drooling is crazy, going through about ten bibs a day. Dr. Udos is great stuff. I use it myself. That's great sleeping for a three month old. Naps happen here but always after feeding. I don't know what she will be like once she reduces feeds. How's the reflux Mirrorwall? Did you go swimming?

Sounds great everyone. The drool is funny!

Not yet on the swimming, the wetsuit I ordered was too big but we've done a colder bath in the too big one and I've taken him into the shower too. We're staying in a hotel together with the grand parents next weekend so the plan is to go swimming then.

The reflux is up and down. Some days he's very good, some days he's coughing and crying. It's supposed to show some improvement over the next month so hopefully it will. It looks sore

Hoping to go swimming next weekend too. Tried to stop using colief and my daughter was in agony. Had to put her back on it. It's awful when they are in pain. Are you back in school before the end?

Hoping to go swimming next weekend too. Tried to stop using colief and my daughter was in agony. Had to put her back on it. It's awful when they are in pain. Are you back in school before the end?

Ooh good luck! Ya we tried one bottle without gaviscon this week again and he was screaming in pain. Not planning on trying that again for another few weeks.

I'm back for the last week but it's tests week and 6th blocks plus I've got to get the musical for next year organised so it suits me just fine to have the week

I'm not back but will pop in the last week. Love how much she is developing. Very close to rolling over and makes a funny singing noise when I sing to her. I am besotted.

I'm not back but will pop in the last week. Love how much she is developing. Very close to rolling over and makes a funny singing noise when I sing to her. I am besotted.

Besotted is not the word. They are amazing!

He's smiling the whole time, wakes up smiling from naps which is just amazing. We've another few weeks before rolling over I'd say yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Hi all! Having a quick catch up on the thread. Glad to see you and babies are all doing well and enjoying it!
    We are doing really well. I'm still combination feeding for the moment and luckily we have had no issues stomach wise. She's a great little girl and her personality is starting to develop more and more. She is like a real little person already! :)
    She has been a bit fussy this week but there has been lots of drool and it's the start of a new developmental leap according to my trusty wonder weeks book!
    We are starting her at water babies next week....I'm so glad my husband is taking her. I think I would be too nervous to do it myself!

Hi Hazelbee. Delighted all is going well for you. I must get that wonder weeks app. Let us know how the swimming goes.

• Advertisement

Great to hear everyones doing well. I hope no one is having any issues with Baby blues or PND, statistically its pretty likely one of us had it. I'm after winning a set of swim classes so I'll feed back on them!

Advertisement