Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Our two y/o appears to have picked up a vomiting bug and I have all the symptoms too bar the vomiting.
    My wife is heading off with our three month old to the in laws to stay there for a day or two and hopefully escape it.
    Rotten way to finish the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Heroditas wrote: »
    Our two y/o appears to have picked up a vomiting bug and I have all the symptoms too bar the vomiting.
    My wife is heading off with our three month old to the in laws to stay there for a day or two and hopefully escape it.
    Rotten way to finish the weekend.

Oh no mind yourself. That's no fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Oh no! We got texts most days last week from my son's school about keeping children home as it was rampant. I dunno how I'd manage if my bubba was sick like that we are just over yet another cold that was tough.

I'm so jealous of your early bed time routines! We don't get her down until after her 10 bottle but she sleeps until 8/9 I'd be too afraid to change it to an earlier time!

She's rolled once since the first time she done it, I think it was just fluke

Swimming is great congratulations Mirror!!

Just organized a meeting with the boss,hopefully gonna take extra time off unpaid. Bread and jam for all, meh I might fit back into my clothes then lol.

We're the same as you lashes. Bed around 10-11 after his last bottle, up at 9ish. If he goes down earlier he just wakes earlier and while I'm on maternity there's no need to have him getting up earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Sorry to hear that heroditas. My lad ended up in hospital with that bug. Grand now that God.
    Well done Mirrorwall. Can't wait to hear how you get on.
    Bedtime between ten and eleven here too. I don't expect her to go down earlier yet because she doesn't do twelve hours yet. Don't want to be up at the crack of dawn. Hopefully you will win the lotto lashes :-) it would be hard to go back when they are still so small.

• Advertisement

It's tough alright, I've never been so glad of the summer holidays because I'm officially back the last week of May but holidays start so it's only a week. Childminder taking him for three days and his grandma for two. Still gonna suck tho

Will have to start doing the lotto first fall lol. Nah its grand Ill just send oh to do all the extra shifts he can. So me and the kiddies can spend the summer in the back garden. ;)

Yeah I like her lying on in the morning too,gives me a chance to get my son up and out to school more easily.

That's not too bad mirror. Give you a taste of what's to come, is your childminder in your house?

Sure we'll start a syndicate of January mothers, win it together and all go on extended maternity lol!

No, too much hassle with PRSI etc. She's on my way to work and has her own little boy (4 months older) and mine for the day. 180 a week so I'm very happy with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Off to water babies this morning. I'm so nervous and i'm not even the one going into the pool! :eek:

I'm back for two weeks in June. So happy for summer holidays too!

Oh class! Let us know how it goes, my first is tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Aw the class went great. It was so lovely watching her and her Dad. All the babies were chilled out. There was only the odd cry when they had their face underwater for the first time. She had an angry look on her face for a few minutes after that! :)

Tratas great Hazelbee. Can't wait to go now. Meant to ask you if you found the gentle birth stuff any use during your labour?

fall wrote: »
    Tratas great Hazelbee. Can't wait to go now. Meant to ask you if you found the gentle birth stuff any use during your labour?

It was brilliant! Even though I ended up with a c-section because of brow presentation, I still went through full slow (24 hours) labour and only asked for an epidural after 16 because I was so tired and was afraid i'd be too tired to push. I was able to breathe through every contraction and stayed calm the whole time. Did you use it yourself?

I really had an amazing experience. Arrived at the hospital around eight. Laboured in the pool from around 11 pm and waters broke just as I got out at midnight. Baby was in my arms at 12.20. Didn't even have a paracetamol and it was a really powerful experience. Can't recommend it enough. It was so different to my first birth. I walked out of the hospital less than twelve hours later.

I might try that next time. My labour was so fast I really felt out of control. Only thing putting me off going again (not completely but cautious), I mean if I was 2hrs on baby one from first contraction I could end up being one of those women having a baby in the car....

Definitelt give it a go. The tracks will help you sleep in the third trimester if nothing else. I also loved reading all the positive birth stories on the facebook group page.

Totally agree Hazelbee. I slept great after listening to the tracks. I was actually looking forward to my labour. You would love the Facebook page Mirrorwall. There is nothing you can't get advice on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I'm definitely gonna try that if I go again . I was grand until they broke my waters and then things happened so fast I felt a little out of my depth, I knew I needed to push and nobody would believe me . Does anybody know if they would let me go to mlu seeing as I birthed naturally this time?my first child ended in a section but that was 20 years ago!

There are loads of woman on the gentle birth page that are the same Bobskii. I would definitely say you could go mid wife led now you have had a natural birth. I loved that I didn't see or need a doctor for the whole experience and I felt in control so much so that my mid wife went for a tea break thinking I couldn't be close because I was so calm. She came running back in five minutes later.

lol that's the way to do it fall!!I'm going to look into it, If I'm lucky enough to get pregnant again that's the way I'm gonna go!is it a closed group is have a look for it on Facebook.

• Advertisement

I was the same. Laboured on my own in a dark ward room for the whole night as the midwife told me I'd know when to call her. I was expecting this horrendous pain must suddenly hit but as soon as the consultant saw me in the morning and I had a contraction as she examined me she sent me straight to the labour ward. Not saying it wasn't hard work but mindset definitely plays a big part i think.

Sounds good. I've been thinking about mine the last few days, finally got around to posting it on plussizepregnancy on reddit (really nice private group) and it really was a bit of a nightmare tbh. I think I could definitely have coped a lot better if I hadn't been confined to the bed with the monitor. The contractions before the monitoring and when walking to the labour ward while hard and fast were still manageable. In the bed was just horrendous, particularly without my husband and as you say in the dark on a normal ward.

I will never forget wanting to throw something at this lady who had managed to wangle her way into staying with her daughter all night (who wasn't even having contractions ffs) and stuck her head in the curtains while I as on the monitor and the midwife was gone to call the doc. She proceeded to tell me I was doing great (I clearly wasn't-I must have had half the ward up at this stage) and that her daughter was getting an early epidural??! I was like 'so am I' through gritted teeth. Just about with it enough not to tell her to **** right off!

Bobskii it's definitely worth an ask anyways! I know I won't be let, even having lost weight my BMI is still high and I'm an asthmatic.

Also does anyone know if it's possible for them to teeth at the back first? My lad keeps sticking his fingers into his cheeks and when I put my finger in to feel today he knawed it with his 'back teeth'. Bloody hard too!

if anyone had stuck their head bear me to give me advice I'd have handed them their head to take with them!I know I did lots of giving out after u was confined to the bed with the monitor a day then she took them off after my waters were broke cos they weren't working anyway.
    I'm so glad I laboured at home for so long cos I was much more relaxed at home!

bobskii wrote: »
    if anyone had stuck their head bear me to give me advice I'd have handed them their head to take with them!I know I did lots of giving out after u was confined to the bed with the monitor a day then she took them off after my waters were broke cos they weren't working anyway.
    I'm so glad I laboured at home for so long cos I was much more relaxed at home!

I can imagine. Though to be honest I'm not sure if I could have relaxed anywhere and I'm pretty sure my OH would have had a heart attack at the speed they started at rofl :)

Anyone's baba got funny sleeping habits? This is mines latest. Muslin,blanket or teddy has to be up at least against his cheeks if not over his head (he can also pull blankets off his face as well as put them on it thank god)

lol does he wake if u take it away?no oh was only telling me stuff at the weekend that happened in the labour ward that I can't remember!

Haha oh was giving out that the princess was out so quick after having the baby, I was like hello, I was home 6 hrs afterwards,he said yeah but sure that was different she just shot out of you! Lol

Mirror I had the same sorta experience as you on my first, confined to bed on monitor for most of my Labour ended up having epidural stitches infections. But this time because I laboured so much at home so comfortable and very much in the right headspace it was a completely different birth,And recovery I keep saying if all my birthday was that easy I would be a surrogate no prob!

That's some pic mirror. Our little one sometimes likes her cheek stoked but that's it.

Bobskii I don't think they do let vbac in mlu. But I'm open to correction, I hope you do get in as it's AMAZING!

Needles in the morning I'm dreading it,my poor mite

How many would like to have another? I defo would close together to have company for each other.

Thumpette hope your doing well in training and still thinking of you xx

One of the first things I learnt from gentle birth is that constant monitoring is not international best practise. The whole thing of strapping you up to a monitor and getting you to lie on a bed instantly puts your body in a position where gravity can't help you. I had intermittent monitoring on a my birth plan and in the end I didn't have any monitoring at all. I stayed on my feet until I got in the pool and then birthed on all fours. My first labour was a disaster, failed induction, no dilation, ventouse, forceps and almost a section. I truly believe it was because I went in too early.
    This time I stayed at home even though I had a massive show and lost my plug completely. I knew so much about hospital policy, best practise and I really trusted myself.

I. gonna suggest it to a friend of mine who had a disastrous labour last time, it didn't progress at all . A girl I know who had a baby 2013 has just had her second baby and stayed at home for a long as possible . she had a successful vbac.
    lashes we had jabs yesterday , the thoughts of them are worse than the actual injections!

• Advertisement

Yeah it's definitely worth it. It deals with so much, educating you from a medical point of view, giving you coping tools and making it a positive experience. It is a closed Facebook page which is great so you can join before anyone else knows.

Advertisement