Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I was the same with my lad!won't make the same mistake twice!I think this monkey gets bored on the mat real easy . she'll whack and grab for a while then grin to b lifted!
    one of my dogs guards her with his life the other lad is completely oblivious to her existence!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

January 2016 thread started!!!

lol seen that and it was by a girl who was on the ttc thread when I was on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Wow! It's hard to think it's been a year ago since we were all going throught those experiences/emotions!
    Teary day here for me, we didn't get the house, where the he'll are we gonna get somewhere. It's such a dog way dog Market out there!!

Very quick year. Sorry to hear that Lashes. Hope something comes your way.

• Advertisement

Thanks fall, it's a combination of period coming lack of sleep the word about the house tipped me over lol, tomorrows a new day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Omg can't believe that!

Hard luck lashes, chin up Hun.

I'm f'ing livid here. Staying in my parents, baba is teething and grumpy, whining and very difficult to get food into. It's been a tough day and in fairness my sis has been a great help this morning in that I got to have a shower etc. However....

We got visitors about 445. My cousins with their two kids. My baba was napping and I went to check on him but definitely wasn't waking him after the morning he had. He was out for the count. Came up, apologised, explained and they didn't mind at all-completely understood. 2 mins later she arrives into the room after me with him 'look who woke up'. I was like??! He then proceeded to scream, and scream, and scream. Right through to the next bottle 1.5hrs later which he only took 4oz of (normally 7). And whinged afterwards too until I finally got him down a few mins ago. I was giving her the benefit of the doubt but spoke to dad there who said he wasn't awake coming up in her arms.

I'm totally livid now. The poor thing went through more pain and tiredness when he had been happily asleep and able to ignore it?!

aww lashes that's a pain in the ass but the right one will come up for you don't stress too much about it.

mirrorwall is she did that on my babs she would get the raw end of my tongue especially when she has kids so knows what it's like . some people are seriously thick!
    has anyone tried amber beads for teething?I know they are a big no no with some people.

Would you believe I have just ordered them off Amazon, so many people recommending them and I'm at the end of my teether with teething so I'll try anything at this stage.

Mirror I'd be disgusted if someone did that. It's so annoying some people think babies are a free for all area, whatever Mammy/Daddy says goes and you shouldn't have to explain yourself. I zoned out last week when an aunt of mine ranted about weaning and only give jarred foods at about 8 months. If I wanted to wean her tomorrow only with organic baby carrots,it's my decision! F off!

Oh landlord text he has another property coming up next week. I just hate change esp for school work etc

Yeh it's annoying for school and just the upheaval of it all . I've used amber beads on the boss from about two months . while she still dribbles a bit she's never in pain and I can see her tooth nearly through . I bought them in that shop in the Laurence it's actually called amber I think.

• Advertisement

In Drogheda?? Argh I searched the town or so I thought!!

yup the shoo that sells all the Buddha and odd stuff.

Does it sell inscence and stuff like that? Its in the actual shopping centre? Might pop down tomorrow and gift the other one lol.

At least there's some sight of teeth. There's no sign of ours just the drama!

Yeh that's the one . They are in to the left of the till . neck one and an anklet in a set . my sisters in law swear by them so I said I'd give them a go.

Thanks bobskii! That's great, will be down in d morning, yeah anyone I know has them loves them! Do you find it any good?

well she's never in pain always smiling and her tooth is almost through,so I think bit is doing its job

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Hi all just checking in on all ye ladies and babies.Trying to catch u on the thread!!!!!!!!! My dd is now just over 19 week !!! Where has the time gone.She is a brill sleepr and has been teething the last few months but not a tooth in sight !!!!

same here lashofeye I think we have birthday twins!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

December 27???!

yes!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We've graduated from pregnant! Had a rough night with my lad, up every three hours with teeth. Then whining during his nap (which I was taking too) so ended up cuddling him for it. He's been so good I'm just not used to this broken sleep I'm wrecked

I miss being pregnant lol!ah no sleep is tough . I was awake half the nite myself wee woman was sound asleep but I couldn't settle . wrecked now and she's snoozing on me knee so I'm us in it as an excuse not to move!

It feels so good to be part of a club lol.
    Mirror we had another rough night too awake since 5.10 And of course she's fast asleep now in out shopping. Serious pain in my face from tiredness. Oh is getting a baby handed to him for the evening when he gets home from work! Got the Amber beads this morning thanks so much bobskii hopefully they help

great hope they work for you now!pity I didn't mention them before u bought the other ones but who knows ya might need two sets at some stage :P

My sis in laws baby is ten days younger than madam so they will be gifted to her when they come. No wastage. Lol

Has anyone seriously thought of trying for another yet? I actually can't imagine how I'd cope with the extra pregnancy tiredness mixed with teething tiredness

It's exactly a year since I started this thread. I am wrecked too. Fourth night of teething and waking. So tempted to try the amber necklace. HSE have a warning on them. There was a thread on here which got pretty heated about them. Anyone using cal gel?

Yep I find its ok gives short term relief.
    just seen the warning I have it on her ankle under her sock I'm sure it can't be choke hazard there!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

fall wrote: »
    It's exactly a year since I started this thread. I am wrecked too. Fourth night of teething and waking. So tempted to try the amber necklace. HSE have a warning on them. There was a thread on here which got pretty heated about them. Anyone using cal gel?

The warning idown to people putting them around a child's neck where it was either a choking or swallowing hazard. Threads on here always get heated about amber. I was unconvinced but you try anything to give the little ones relief, I put mine on his foot under a sock, under a baby-gro, so it couldnt be accessed by him or any other child. I took it off him for creche, because while he is not the kind to put random stuff in his mouth, other kids might be that way inclined if it got broken during play and beads were rolling around the floor.

I thought calgel cant be got here though?

Got mine in boots in Newry but there's a chemist in Drogheda that has a branch up there and he can order it in for you

• Advertisement

Thanks Neyite. I always thought that if it was on the ankle under the babygrow it would be ok. Cal gel can only be gotten up the North but it is supposed to be great.

Advertisement