Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

that's the only thing stopping me laws, I dunno if I'd cope with tiredness, work and a baby to look after . will see how I progress with this monkey . I was sock over the weekend and luckily she's not very demanding cos I was weak as water, she just lay with me and chatted and pulled my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Ah bobskii sorry to hear you were unwell, she must have known mummy wasn't well!

We had a great night last night. Down at 8 up at 7,this morning. I felt so lazy with nothing to do.

She's back for her nap, uniform and books ordered for next year at school,that's enough done for the day lol

Can anyone recommend good toys that keep your little ones interest?

maybe the beads helped!I'm grand now think it was just a virus' little miss was only built once forum the nite and slept till 9 then . We have an xray Friday to check for clicked hip anyone else veins checked?can't help on the toy situation lashes this one just loves anything that lights up and makes noise!

We are gonna get a few more bits for her we only have two rattles and now that she has found her hands we are gonna invest in more! She really enjoyed destroying a symths catalogue yesterday!
    An x Ray?do they think there's something wrong?

• Advertisement

my own doctor thought at her 6 week check that she heard her hip click . they only check for it now at 4 months so I've ta bring her down for them to xray it
    its common in girls apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

bobskii wrote: »
    my own doctor thought at her 6 week check that she heard her hip click . they only check for it now at 4 months so I've ta bring her down for them to xray it
    its common in girls apparently.

My lad had his last Friday, ultrasound and X-ray. Results go back to GP. Just a heads up to follow up on it, a friend of mine just fought to see the ortho doc over being repeatedly called for X-rays and the baby is now in a night brace which might reduce the likelihood of surgery later. Doc was inclined to not bother and just do the surgery without trying anything else.

I have either a head cold or rotten hay fever, not sure which will have to see how it develops. Pain in the ass

that's what happened my cousins wee one and now she has to have an op . I'll b pushing him on it tomorrow and if I don't get anywhere with him I'll talk to my own doctor she's brill.

that's what happened my cousins wee one and now she has to have an op . I'll b pushing him on it tomorrow and if I don't get anywhere with him I'll talk to my own doctor she's brill.

Definitely do :)

We got a few of the Lamaze toys and he adores them! Particularly the smaller octopus (not the octotunes). The other huge hit is the linking links, they're like 2e in the euro shop and he gets great go out of them. I have them hanging everywhere now, off his mobile, off the buggy straps, the highchair :)

Edit: oh and I don't know if anyone is doing purée weaning but I got the avent steamer blender on Amazon for 50£ and it is amazing. I've started stuff for the freezer with it. Very very easy to use and clean and I plan on making soup for me too :)

funny I went shopping today and bought a blender type thing similar to the nutri bullet,it came recommended . It purees too!I'm not up to this all day shopping lark anymore . on the plus side I found a feeding room that I never knew existed!

• Advertisement

just checked it's called the ultra blend got it I home store and more for 40.

just checked it's called the ultra blend got it I home store and more for 40.

Looks good! From what I read/told frozen Purée is good for 4-6 months so I've started freezing in ice cube trays coz I'm back to school in a week (eek!) and I'm due to try solids in a bid to help the reflux after that

must get some Ice cube trays . I'm not due back till September and I'm already dreaming it :(

dreading it even!

I got the two euro shop ones with the silicon dots on the bottom-working very well.

I've only a week so it could be worse. His grandma is taking him for two days and we are trailing the child minder for the other three :(

Edit: FFS the aldi baby event is the Thursday of the one week I'm at work!

lol feckin typical!I must have a nose . do you use their nappies?I find them great,I think we're gonna have to move up to size 3 !

Yup I use them! We've been in 3 for a while now, he was 6kg two weeks ago-growing like a weed! I actually got 3 and a 4 pack this week coz we're having the odd poop leak and that usually means we're getting ready to move up.

And it doesn't open til 9 so unless I'm spectacularly lucky with exam supervision I can't go. Hubby works across the road from one. He may be getting me stuff!

How did you get on with the x Ray today bobskii?

I bought a little blender in Aldi for blitzing her bits, my son doesn't do veg so I blitz them in his tomato sauce for pasta last week and it done the job! I'm using the pampers nappies for now. With the bogof and discount codes I've hadn't to buy nappies yet and we are still going strong. We are still in size two's

She was such the crankiest madam today. I swear I aged 20 years this evening alone. ( why is it when your on your own they seem to be extra narky?) Her little jaws are red so it could be teeth even tho she had her Amber and calgel.
    Ah work don't talk about that evil place dragging us all away from our snookums. The thoughts of it is killing me.

Oh and if your near a deals they have lovely bowls with a lid and spoons for feeding. Bargain at 1.49. Picked one up last week in tescos for 4 odd was raging!

xray is tomorrow lashes,today was spent trapping round the shops,didn't see anything nice in tesco today which is very unusual for me!!did deals move out to the m1 retail park or is it still in the old shopping centre?

not lookin forward to tomorrow just hoping xray is clear. she's such a happy baby a day just finding her ability to move around . I think I'll be moving onto 3's soon too cos we've had a few leaks
    too!

• Advertisement

It's in them both, I picked mine in the retail park one tho. Do you be in Drogheda much bobskii? I'll be watching out for munchkins going around the same age as mine thinking it's you lol.

Has she started to roll? They do be really overly cautious though regarding these things. Would you not have heard it click yourself or is that me being a bit naiive?

I dunno I'm always afraid I'll hurt her if I root at it too much!

I do be over ever the couple of weeks ,I used be over regular when I was doing acupuncture!!you actually popped into my head when I was in Shaw today cos I seen a wee girl similar in age to the boss sitting in her buggy and I had a lovely big cappuccino with my mam in m and s! its the little things lol!I wanted to feed in m and a but it was too packed and I couldn't get a quiet corner,didn't realise there was a feeding room around the corner from it!
    she's not rolling yet but not far off it either so I'd hate to see her set back if she needs a brace!

I dunno I'm always afraid I'll hurt her if I root at it too much!

I do be over ever the couple of weeks ,I used be over regular when I was doing acupuncture!!you actually popped into my head when I was in Shaw today cos I seen a wee girl similar in age to the boss sitting in her buggy and I had a lovely big cappuccino with my mam in m and s! its the little things lol!I wanted to feed in m and a but it was too packed and I couldn't get a quiet corner,didn't realise there was a feeding room around the corner from it!
    she's not rolling yet but not far off it either so I'd hate to see her set back if she needs a brace!

Hopefully if worst comes to worst it would only be night time. Good luck tomorrow. Might ring my own GP tomorrow and see if my lads results are back.

Jeez I'm in size 3 with my lad for weeks!!

lol monster baby!!I met a girl in the doctors a few weeks ago her little fella Was same age as my doll and he was huge!she's literally like a doll but has a big hearty laugh it's very funny!

Best of luck today bobskii.

thanks lashes just out and giving her a feed . He still can't find anything .xray isn't showing anything so he said get it xrayed again in 6 weeks to b sure.

Glad it went well. Hopefully next one is clear too!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Good news Bobskii. My girl is in size three for weeks now. She was over 15 lbs at the 14/ 15 week mark. She is teething loads but still such a smiley baby. Great that everyone is doing so well

great news!my wee woman must be a fairy . she weighed 6kg today at her check up!she's slow to put on weight.

• Advertisement

great news!my wee woman must be a fairy . she weighed 6kg today at her check up!she's slow to put on weight.

Great news!

Just checked with GP and results of ultrasound/X-ray for my lad show both hips and pelvis normal :)

Advertisement