Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Yeh I was sitting down yesterday thinkin is that what I think it is,I'm sur it was . I felt it again today but I was in the car and the dog was lying on my lap so I'm not sur!I can't wait to feel it all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

If you drink some ice cold water and lie on your left side it is supposedly one of the best positions to feel movement. I feel like the weeks are flying by. Can't believe in two and a half weeks I will be half way there!

Same here . never thought I'd get pregnant and now I am I can't believe how fast it's going by!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I'm the same , but when I think of Xmas it's ages away!!

It's not tho!Kids back to school in a month cue all the Christmas malarkey that goes on and it'll be Christmas in no time!!

• Advertisement

I know!! 4 weeks back to school then after that 4 weeks to my son's birthday and always from his birthday to Xmas is like a blur, but I just feel silly getting so excited about Xmas in July lol
    Will just need to be prepared this year, Xmas shopping starts tomorrow :)

I just said that the other day . I'm usually a last minute Nellie . better not do that this year or nobody will be getting anything!!

Halloween is in there too.has anyone worked out when they will start their maternity leave? I can't wait to be at home with the fire on and the tree up. Can't believe I am thinking this way in July, nuts!

Lol I'm the same,chances are ill go early . I usually hate Christmas but I'm lookin forward to this one!I'll probably take my maternity leave from the second week in December but only cos our place closes Down .

Lol I'm the same,chances are ill go early . I usually hate Christmas but I'm lookin forward to this one!I'll probably take my maternity leave from the second week in December but only cos our place closes Down .

• Advertisement

I will probably be on my mine from the end of November. Can't wait.

The most gonna try hold out till December .we'll see how it goes!

17th December!! Eeek cannot wait!!

Lol!I remember what it was like to get a Christmas off in retail lashes,like winning the lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

Lads, are any of you who are further along than 14 weeks still sick/ exhausted? I had a few reasonably good days towards the end of last week and thought the sickness was lifting but it's back as bad as ever this week. I'm 14 and a bit weeks.
    Anybody else still experiencing this and if so how are you managing to eat healthily and get some decent nutrients in when most food (unless it's beige) turns your stomach? :-( I was looking at buying a book on healthy pregnancy recipes etc but at this rate 1) I won't be able to even look at most of the recipes without vomiting in my mouth and 2) I'll be too exhausted to cook them!! :-P

You might feel a difference around week 16 Nicman, I didn't eat great gor the first trimester because I was so sick but I am back pretty much to normal now. I get a bit of heartburn but it's a walk in the park compared to the sickness. Hope it lifts for you. If not talk to your GP, there is medication available now to tackle it. It's been used for years in America and Canada and the maternity hospitals here are starting to prescribe it.
    I love how much more I am enjoying this pregnancy. I was terrified the first time around. Every twinge sent me into a panic. I feel so lucky to be pregnant again :)

Oh bobskii it's rarer than winning the lotto, and I don't care how big and uncomfortable I will be I'm gonna enjoy every minute of it!!

Any more kicks for you guys?
    Thankfully the nausea has worn off most of the time but it still crops up every now and then,I don't envy ya

Yeh I hear ya . after I had my son I used to get Christmas eve off which was great but now I'm off all over Christmas but he's grown up so it's not the same . so I'm gonna stuck with my job for as long as possible cos the holidays are great!!

You know the hormones are playing havoc when you tear up hearing small bump by ed sheeran at work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

Hi Ladies, Due with first baba on 6th (or 8th according to my own dates!) of Jan!!! We are so excited cant wait for the little bundle to come! Been pretty lucky, no sickness just tiredness and since second trimester started migraines have got more frequent but iv found a little remedy as paracetmol doesn't help - a small (150ml-200ml) glass of coke works wonders! over the last few days been noticing a sharp pain when i stand up from sitting but im trying not to worry too much as it goes away. Think i felt a "flutter" sunday and monday morning but nothing since and i am not even sure if it was - dying to feel the baba move now! Have a foetal well being scan in 4 weeks and we are considering finding out baba's gender - any thoughts? have any of you found out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I'm so jealous of you guys. I'm 14 weeks and I'm still throwing up. Last night at about three am, dry heaving this afternoon. Currently sitting up praying that my stomach settles again and I don't throw up my dinner :(

Fingers crossed it passes soon mirror wall, it's tough going. Welcome Belinda, I had a similar pain about two weeks ago and then a few days later my bump really popped so hopefully it's just growing pains.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

Sometimes you could worry youself sick with thinking about things too much!!!! And on that note..... my tummy/bump was quite firm last week and the last few days its much less / squishy.... nothing to worry about? ?

Nope I don't think so . mine was like that too..its a bit squishy now but it will be rock hard In the morning no doubt!

My bump gets so much bigger in the evening. I look huge and then I wake up and it's grand again. Bought some maternity clothes today in h and m sale. Got a lovely jumper reduced from €25 to €7. Can't wait to wear it. Feeling lots of flutters. Love it.

BelindaL wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, Due with first baba on 6th (or 8th according to my own dates!) of Jan!!! We are so excited cant wait for the little bundle to come! Been pretty lucky, no sickness just tiredness and since second trimester started migraines have got more frequent but iv found a little remedy as paracetmol doesn't help - a small (150ml-200ml) glass of coke works wonders! over the last few days been noticing a sharp pain when i stand up from sitting but im trying not to worry too much as it goes away. Think i felt a "flutter" sunday and monday morning but nothing since and i am not even sure if it was - dying to feel the baba move now! Have a foetal well being scan in 4 weeks and we are considering finding out baba's gender - any thoughts? have any of you found out?

Congrats :-) We're considering finding out as well, we're ebbing more on the side of finding out than not. It's our first. People have asked and we've said we don't know if we will but then they feel the need to tell you how wrong it would be to find out. Do you find that people seem to be shoving opinions on you since you told them like never before?! It's making us doubt a little whether we should find out but then we feel there'll be such a surprise and overjoy anyway when the baby comes that it shouldn't take from it if we know?

I think it's a personal decision . If you want to find out go for it,don't tell people if u don't want it's really nobody else business!my husband doesn't want to know and I'm not pushed either way so I won't bother but I don't think there's anything wrong with finding out,your baby your business!
    People have an opinion on everything when your pregnant I'm slowly finding that out!
    I got a few bits in the new look sale must have alook at h and my I find their clothes reasonably priced anyway!

bobskii wrote: »
    I think it's a personal decision . If you want to find out go for it,don't tell people if u don't want it's really nobody else business!my husband doesn't want to know and I'm not pushed either way so I won't bother but I don't think there's anything wrong with finding out,your baby your business!
    People have an opinion on everything when your pregnant I'm slowly finding that out!
    I got a few bits in the new look sale must have alook at h and my I find their clothes reasonably priced anyway!

Yeah, I find people have an opinion on everything right now and someone actually touched my belly last week even though I'm not showing yet - I'm just at the "looking like I ate too much" stage so it's like someone touching your fat belly! They're gas. New look have some great essentials on sale like vests and jeans was just looking there. A friend found ASOS great for her maternity wear as well - worth a go. I'm seeing stuff online but not sure if I should buy or not although they're great value. My sis was saying don't buy til you need it cause you won't know your shape etc... will it even matter by then - a vest is a vest! haha :-) I can't wait to be in maternity clothes!

The first time someone touches my belly ill freak. I hate anyone touching me!I let my husband touch my belly this morning to see if he could feel the baby and even that's usually a no no . belly is off bounds to touch lol!
    If one more person says A . it must be a shock to the system getting pregnant after all these years.
    B. You know your gonna have ta get rid of them dogs ya can't have them around babies.
    I've been wearing a few maternity bits alike ready . feel like a fraud tho cos like you I'm still in the look like I've put on a few pounds gang!

• Advertisement

bobskii wrote: »
    The first time someone touches my belly ill freak. I hate anyone touching me!I let my husband touch my belly this morning to see if he could feel the baby and even that's usually a no no . belly is off bounds to touch lol!
    If one more person says A . it must be a shock to the system getting pregnant after all these years.
    B. You know your gonna have ta get rid of them dogs ya can't have them around babies.
    I've been wearing a few maternity bits alike ready . feel like a fraud tho cos like you I'm still in the look like I've put on a few pounds gang!

OMG! The amount of people who said "what are you going to do with the dogs now?" haha! As if we hadn't considered this when we got dogs? 'Two legs good, four legs bad' ;-) God mind your business.... And when we told people we're expecting some of them were like "really? already?" (we got married early this year), I had to remind them that we're far from spring chickens with one of us turning 40 this year! It actually turned me off telling people after that :-( My boss had a meltdown!

Advertisement