Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Great news bobskii and mirror!

We weighed in at 13lbs at phn at 3 months. I weighed her on my weigh scales ( not so accurate) and she was weighing in at 15lbs now.

She's like a weed again today up since 5. What way would you be if you were back at work at this craic?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

great news mirrorwall!
    had a go of my new gadget there ,it's a great job . makes milk nice and frothy for cappuccino too!dunno how I'm gonna cope back at work with a baby,suppose we'll just get through but like everything else,lack of sleep won't do me any favours cod I work with sharp knives :D

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

That's great Mirrorwall. I might get that gadget Bobskii. Love stuff like that. I called in to work this week with the baby. Don't know how I will go back.

I do too and it only takes up minimal space on the work top. . can be used to make fresh juice too which I love too.

If your hear someone got silettoed in a shop in Drogheda it will be me hahaha.

She's in serious form today. Wish she could tell me what's up,just gave a bit of calpol it's just not like her she has to be in pain,maybe teeth??

Oooh very fancy bobskii. Love the sound of that!

• Advertisement

jasus hope om not over that day :P
    has to be teeth,poor child it's horrible for them . did u try bonjela?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Lashes28 wrote: »
    If your hear someone got silettoed in a shop in Drogheda it will be me hahaha.

She's in serious form today. Wish she could tell me what's up,just gave a bit of calpol it's just not like her she has to be in pain,maybe teeth??

Oooh very fancy bobskii. Love the sound of that!

I just gave in and gave nurofen, our guy has been screaming in pain this evening, not wind, not hunger and not reflux but he's been chewing on his hand like the devil so figured we'd try the nurofen.

Calpol is the only thing I had she settled after it tho, she's awake again since 5 in the crankiest form and is so over tired she won't nap, I'm wrecked. She wrecked. I'm sure my neighbours are wrecked too. I gave up on the bonjela because I had the calgel, I might alternate it. How was your little lad after nuerofen? Is he any better today?

that's rough going lashes . is she any better throughout the day?

Hope you had a better night tonight lashes. The neurofen worked in that he took the rest of the bottle and went off to sleep. I used the caldebaby gel today before a couple of his bottles and they went down easier-it seems to be hurting when he sucks. I'm in Naas on Monday but I will probably do a run to Newry on tue/wed for the calgel that's supposed to be so good. I don't particularly like having to resort to medicine (as opposed to topical meds) but at the same time if it helps it feels unfair to leave them in pain!

• Advertisement

I must remember to get calgel when I'm passing through the north in a couple of weeks.

She bawled going down last night but slept until 7 and has had a great day so far! She woke up a new girl thank god
    Yeah I hate the idea of calpol and nuerofen. But I always think if I had a toothache would I suffer?!

Got out for a walk today got soaked, fecking weather

Lashes28 wrote: »
    She bawled going down last night but slept until 7 and has had a great day so far! She woke up a new girl thank god
    Yeah I hate the idea of calpol and nuerofen. But I always think if I had a toothache would I suffer?!

Got out for a walk today got soaked, fecking weather

That's a very good way to think about it. Hope she's still doing well. I can see a front bottom tooth under the gum for my lad. We'll see whether it comes or not.

On another note I seem to have naps a bit more under control. In general morning nap is upstairs in the cot, afternoon/evenings are downstairs in the travel cot. Seems to be working well, he's not getting too used to quiet or anything. I try to keep an eye on time, in the morning he cant really stay up more than an hour, afternoon bottles he can do 1.5-2hrs before naps.

Oh and has anyone else's figured out how to stay awake in the car? My lad seems to have figured it out this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Dentinox gel is quite good for teething.
    We used it for #1 quite a bit because Nurofen would (and still does) make her hyper and we preferred not to use Calpol unless she had a temperature.

Heroditas wrote: »
    Dentinox gel is quite good for teething.
    We used it for #1 quite a bit because Nurofen would (and still does) make her hyper and we preferred not to use Calpol unless she had a temperature.

Is that this one heroditas? http://www.inishpharmacy.com/p/calgel-teething-gel-10g/500022

They say it's the same as calgel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Is that this one heroditas? http://www.inishpharmacy.com/p/calgel-teething-gel-10g/500022

They say it's the same as calgel

That's a link for Calgel but yes it would appear they have the same strength.
    We've never used Calgel so I can't comment on its effectiveness.
    Teetha granules were, to be polite, useless.
    What you really need is the American teething gels. They'd knock a horse out! :D

Heroditas wrote: »
    That's a link for Calgel but yes it would appear they have the same strength.
    We've never used Calgel so I can't comment on its effectiveness.
    Teetha granules were, to be polite, useless.
    What you really need is the American teething gels. They'd knock a horse out! :D

Sorry I forgot to click through before linking
    http://www.inishpharmacy.com/p/dentinox-teething-gel-calgel-formulation/888666

That wouldn't surprise me, it's mad what you can get OTC in the states

We are doing great touch wood!Just back from Newry bought 8 boxes of calgel lol. For the in laws too

Only this week (last two days) she stays awake for walks out in buggy she always napped. I love it people might think I'm mad walking down the road chatting to herself. Meh! She always naps in the car,she seems to nap big in the morning and might only have ten minutes in the afternoon.
    The walker is a god send she loves being in it watching the dogs. It's great now shes gaining entertainment from other things than me. It feels like I have my two arms back to myself

Well how's everyone doing?

teething in full swing here . constant dirty nappies and very unsettled. altho she slept great last night.

• Advertisement

Same here with the teething. Nights are mixed, some good some not so good. Just had four month vaccinations. Weren't too bad. Love how much fun she is now. Loving bouncing on my lap, roars laughing.

Teething here too, can see several teeth under the gum on the bottom including an eye tooth so they're definitely on the way. He's cranky as hell afternoon evening!

poor babies .teetha gel in the fridge seems to work wonders for my doll . eleventh mad for a yoghurt I was having earlier . think she's ready for spoon feeding .

Dentinox gel here is working fairly well. Nothing lasts unfortunately!

Also my lad is officially massive. After the fourth blow out in the last few days he's going into size 4 nappies and he's in about 80% of his 6-9 month clothes. He hasn't even turned 4 months!!

he must be a big bruiser we only moved up to size 3 yesterday!!

Holy moly we are only in a size 2 still. What a proper boy!

Started her on a little spoon today. She had a bit of blitz carrot and absolutely loved it,a proper pro at it!
    Thanks for the tip bobskii never though if putting it in the fridge!

Size three here and almost four by the looks of things. My girl is a bruiser. No interest in solids yet but her teeth are killing her.

Deleted. Too much of a rant.

Just writing it made me feel a bit better at least

ah mirrorwall ya poor thing!men are a pain in the ass and if it's any consolation your oh sounds exactly like mine except he'd never apologise cos he wouldn't notice he had done wrong .

your tired for sur trying to remember everything and get organised for the next day . tell your oh he's on baby duty Saturday morning and have a good lie on.

• Advertisement

bobskii wrote: »
    ah mirrorwall ya poor thing!men are a pain in the ass and if it's any consolation your oh sounds exactly like mine except he'd never apologise cos he wouldn't notice he had done wrong .

your tired for sur trying to remember everything and get organised for the next day . tell your oh he's on baby duty Saturday morning and have a good lie on.

Actually in fairness sat/sun mornings are good because he's up by 8 anyways so I do get to lie on when he does the first bottle :)

Thanks bobskii. Tbh I think just saying it cleared my head a bit. I think being with the baby on your own a lot I end up talking to myself in my head. Hangover from school I think where I'm having an entirely different conversation/reaction in my head to the actual look/reaction on my face! 'You should not have written that on your paper' aka 'that was bloody brilliant but I can't tell you that he he!'

Advertisement