Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

lol Yeh the whole day on your own with baby (and dogs in my case) tends to bring out the crazy!see your blessed cos my oh doesn't take baby at the weekends . He took her one weekend and came back with her ten mins later cos he wanted to do something outside!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Ok that would drive me nuts ;) Now he does get put back in beside me after an hour (does a 2hr nap an hour after he gets up in the morning) so it's not the best sleep as it's broken but still nice not to get up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Damn I missed your rant Mirrorwall I was waiting for a man rant incase it was just mine!
    Days at home alone on our own is never great,I hate Thursday's and Fridays cause he works two jobs,so literally out the door from 6 until 10 tonight. And then when he is here he's wrecked. It's so hard to find a happy balance sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Glad you are feeling better today Mirrorwall. I think the men can be a bit blind when it suits them. I always ask my husband who tells me what to do so why should I have to tell him. On the A post, I just got one! I did the interview last week. So delighted as the few bob will help with childcare.
    Any one started solids?

I started the other day. But I'm blitzing them up,she's still a bit gaggy though and at max we prob get 2 spoons into her. All a bit of trial and error! Think I'll put a bit of sweet potato on the menu today see how that goes down
    Have you started Fall?

• Advertisement

Not yet lashes. She sits in her high chair and watches us but doesn't seem too bothered. Loves the high chair though.

Thanks everyone. Today is a better day. He smiled his head off at the childminder which helped a lot this morning. We start solids next weekend (not tomorrow). He'll be 18.5 weeks which is early but I want to see if it helps the reflux. I've been steaming and freezing food ready to go! Starting with butternut squash then sweet potato. Picked up the all over bibs and spoons etc in Aldi today so all ready to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Mens brains are just not wired like ours !!!!!!!!i'm the same i think id rather do what needs to be done than point it out to him and fear being called a NAG !!!!! i must say oh is brill at washing his clothes though he will leave it all to the last minute( we are hoping to get away tomorrow and hes doing a wash as i type!!!!!!!!) men who'd
    have em !!!!!!!lol

oh is going home for the weeks and bad am all as it sounds In lookin forward to the peace . I'm going shopping Saturday and then I'm coming home to do nothing!!!

Bobskii I hope you have enjoyed the peace today lol.

Anyone else starting to get a bit mobile on the floor? She loves twirling in a circle round and but doesn't go anywhere if that makes sense. One of our dogs is petrified which she seems to get great enjoyment out of.

Fall how are you finding with two? Is your elder child doing ok? My lad seems to have become super independent.

• Advertisement

ah I sur did lashes . didn't go shopping after all cos I remembered Slane was on . Just went to tesco and then to my mums!and my house stayed clean while I was away lol!
    has anyone tried those ellas kitchen pouches?I have been giving her whatever we are having pureed but had nothing prepared today so I bought the sweet potato one and she devoured it!
    my little woman does that . and she does it ten times quicker with no nappy on its very funny.

With no nappy on?? Wow that's brave lol The longest she's had with no nappy is in the bath, if you delay there's pee everywhere. She's going well in the walker even though they are frowned on. She loves it. So do I. I get the dinner done in peace with it lol
    I gave her broccoli it did not end well. It is the first things she's vomited back up. How long are you leaving it before you bring fruit and meat into the picture? Apparently fish is great from quite early on.
    She's becoming a bit of diva at bedtime. She goes in awake is cool with you in the room but if you go out hell breaks loose.

I just put a folded blanket on the ground and put her on it nappy free . She usually has a pee on it but in just chuck it In the wash . I tried her yesterday with ellas kitchen sweet potato and something else and she devoured it . actually shouted between spoons thinking I wasn't giving her more . another few weeks and ill do blw with her she's just starting to reach out for what I'm eating now so she'll b ready soon!I gave her steamed carrot the other day and after a couple of spoonfuls she clamped her mouth shut and refused it!!

My lad can go beyond a blanket so when he's 'free' I have to stay with him with a towel at the ready just in case!

Great to hear the positive weaning stories! We start tomorrow, have lots frozen in ice cubes already. I'm going to be starting pear pretty quickly lashes because the gaviscon in the bottles backs him up a bit and I'm hoping to stop needing lactulose every few days with the pear. Starting with sweet potato, butternut squash, green beans and pear from the freezer for the first while. I also have some of the pouches that are 100% of the ingredient for out and about. I think there's apple, broccoli, carrot and some other ones-I just bought a selection coz they'll be in date for ages anyways. I'll be cautious with the broccoli!

yup that's what I did today . I gave her banana for breakfast this morning as a trial she loved it . Hopefully she will b a good grubber.

My son has definitely become more independent Lashes. Even asked to stay up a bit later because he is not a baby ( his words) ! Haven't started weaning yet but will soon. She seems to be waking hungry. How do you give the lactulose Mirrorwall? My girl definitely suffers from constipation. I am also hoping the introduction of fiber will help. Did you do your interview?
    What time are all the babies going to bed at?

It could have been the texture,the little bits might have freaked her out. She's a divil for roaring like that when I'm eating so I'll usually grab her spoon n dip it in whatever she can have on my plate and she licks it off.
    Might try a bit of pear or banana tomorrow. It's so exciting trying out new things n her reaction. Thats great bobskii. Hopefully she's a good grubber.
    I might have picked up a my first baby Annabelle today for Santa or birthday of the future,girls toys are amazing!!

we were in a routine of bed at 9 then wake round 4/5 but that's gone to pot this two weeks . still bed at 9 but she's waking at 12 for a feed and then again at 3.30 ,6.30 and then 9.30 knackered isn't the word!!

lashes I haven't even thought that far yet and her birthday is right after Christmas!!

That's mad Bobskii, my girl is waking way more often too over the last two weeks. I think she might want to go down at eight now, she gets really tired. I am hoping to move her into her own room soon. You are a gas woman Lashes Christmas shopping already :-)

maybe it's a growth spurt or something . she has been pulling it back herself this few nites it's been 8.30 she's gone down . apart from tonight . she went for a nap after 5 and didn't wake until 8 so it was 9.30/10 when she went down . hoping she doesn't wake at 12 tonight.

• Advertisement

Our bedtime is between 8 and 11. I've just put her down and lately she will not look for a feed until 7.30 no matter what time she goes down at some mornings she will wake and sing and blabber until then. I've been very lucky in that regards.

We are the same fall. My not so little man was in his buddies down the road till 9 this evening. My heart was broke. I love our one on one time although daddy gets most of it playing ball,we sneak to the cinema sometimes.

Crossing my fingers my lad doesn't start that! Goes upstairs between 9-10 for bottle and story then bed by 10 or so. Sleeps the night, had to wake him at 8 for the childminder this week, normally up at 9. Like lashes he may wake up and go back to sleep multiple times from about 5am (which means I don't get fully solid sleep from then) but no bottle needed til about 9.

We seem to have gone through a growth spurt that we're coming out of. At least I hope we are done, he's only just 4 months and mostly in 6-9 month clothes and 6-12month sleep sacks!!

Interviews on Tuesday. I've done very little prep tbh coz I haven't a hope in hell but I'm pretty up to speed on things anyways.

I put it into a bottle with a tablespoon or so of cooled boiled water fall and give it to him like a bottle. Feels like a waste of a sterilised bottle but it's very successful. When the teeth are particularly bad we do the same with neurofen. The water is only to get it to flow better

Thanks Mirrorwall and good luck with the interview. You never know what will happen. I was exhausted going in to mine, up at 1, 4 and 6 the night before with herself. I don't remember what I said in the interview. I think I will start to put her down at half eight. Well jealous of your sleeping babies.

Argh just jinxed myself we are up for a feed

Edit no wonder! Just calgeling her and we have a tooth!!

awww the wee pet!

I really wasn't expecting it!! She just seems so young,going to go swimming today wish me luck it will probably be packed with the kids off school.

Anyone know webs a good time to introduce potatoes

in funtasia 'seriously good luck :D
    I dunno my mum reckons six months

Oh wow a tooth! I can see his under the gym but they seem to have stalled. Just in from the west and the grandparents and he is one unhappy camper. Upstairs trying to get some familiarity and sleep in his next 2 me.

Good luck with the swimming

Update: We had our first food outing! Puréed butternut squash, went down well and he passed out to sleep shortly after

Yay mirror I'm delighted!!

Good god no bobskii I hate that place even during the quiet time!!she had a ball in the pool is in great form but hasn't slept much. It could be the fact she's amazed by the tooth.
    Tried banana in that nuby net thing n she gobbled it, gave her a bit of strawberry too, the faces are just hilarious.

• Advertisement

Is that net thing good? I was only looking at it in boots but didn't get it. Bought some sweet potato so might get going this week. She slept til six this morning, fed then back til half eight.

Advertisement