Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I was contemplating that net thing myself yesterday then put it back . I had visions of the dog taking off with it if she drops it!

lol lashes I was thinking you'd be brave to chance the madness of that place on a rainy bank holiday Monday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I have the net but haven't tried it yet. I'll probably stick to purees for a while first. He had great fun trying to put the spoon in his mouth himself and of course both hands went into the mouth at various points so we ended up with squash everywhere!

The pool is great isn't it lashes? My lad loves it now, hes started kicking and all whereas he just kind of stayed stiff the first few times.

We had major meltdowns this evening with teeth. He was so unbelievably upset. Got neurofen into him in the end but it wore off after a couple of hours and we were back to screaming. Got him down eventually and he hasn't woken up for his last bottle. I'm expecting a nice early start in the morning.... or night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Well everything goes in the mouth so the net just went in too. She was proper sucking the banana out of it. You can dishwasher it which is just as well cause I'm not sure if there's any other way of getting all the bits out of it.
    Haha the dogs would love it alright!

That's my second time taking her and she's been great both times. Today was a little busier so she got plenty of splashes from other kiddies but she seemed fine. I usually bath her most evening so maybe she just thinks its a big bath lol

That's rough mirror. Have you tried calgel yet? Bobskii did you stick with the Amber beads?

I have a feeling she will the dogs best friend shortly when she starts dropping food!!got it hard to settle her tonight every time I went to put her down she roared . I think she was testing the water with me!

yep she's still wearing her amber I only take it off when she's having a bath,did you not find it any good?she's always chewing her Fingers and I can see teeth under the gum but she's never really bad with them.

Probably like a big bath! My dad came at the weekend and couldn't get over how comfortable he was. We've got dentinox which is the same ingredients, nothing seems to last long and he absolutely hates cold stuff on them. Mum said I was the same, wouldn't take cold teethers

• Advertisement

They have started to beg already with her. So I can only imagine.

The few days that I had the Amber bracelet on she was really really unsettled so I took it off and she calmed. Now whether or not it had anything to do with the bracelet I'm unsure but I don't wanna tempt it again lol.

She went down great for me tonight no fighting. She's asleep since after 9 so is oh. I'm lying here wide awake listening to them snoring even tho I'm up since 5. Gonna have that lovely hangover feel in the morning with out the enjoyment of the drink tonight!

that's mad . I'm putting her lack of crankiness down to her wearing the amber but sur she could b as happy without it but like you im not tempting fate by taking it off lol!

Tried a Mango flavoured Ella kitchen today. It went down a treat!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Tried a Mango flavoured Ella kitchen today. It went down a treat!

Nice. Haven't tried mango myself :) We did day 2 on squash and he's loving it. He's not so sure of water tho-funny! He'll sip then make a face, then sip, then make a face and repeat rofl

I bought the nuby bet thing today ,tried her with some strawberry in it she loved it.

Fall are you still breastfeeding?think I might carry on feeding her for another while . she still won't take the bottle for me .Have tried her with a cup and water she's not bothered about pulls a face . dunno how I'll manage when I go back to work but ill sort something I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Still breastfeeding with a bottle a day. Just started giving her a cup with water and she really likes it. Haven't started weaning yet. can't wait to see her reaction to all the different foods. I will go to the six month mark and then stop breastfeeding her because of work. At least she will be well established on solids by the time I go back to work so will probably have dropped feeds.

will you give formula till she's one?never had these dilemmas with my last lad!it was bottle cos breastfeeding was unheard of and I was back to work when he was 3 months!

she just won't take the bottle no matter how I try so I give up . ages big into her solids and is willing to try anything I give her .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hi girls, just wanted to pop by and say hello. Hope all of you and all the babies are doing great.

Just wanted to let ye know I did the mini marathon yesterday- actually went really well- managed to run the whole thing- really felt like Max was with me every step of the way. Hugely emotional day. I raised 2660 for Feileacain with a bit more to come. Thanks so much to everyone from here that contributed too- really appreciated it.

Aside from that I'm doing ok. Not pregnant again yet which has been devestating because I'd spent so long in those early days convincing myself that it would happen quickly and now reality is starting to set in. I just hate and resent every opk and temperature check so much. It's not what I should be doing- I should be weaning and teething and all of those other normal things. I am where I am though- and as much as it sucks I'm coping. 20 weeks yesterday since Max was born. As much of a nightmare as it's been I wouldn't swap carrying him for those 41+4 weeks or giving birth to him for the world. He has taught me so much.

Give all the beautiful babies an extra kiss from me xxx

lovely to hear from you thumpette you and max were in my thoughts Monday . I was wondering how it went. Glad you got through it,had no doubt you would you have amazing inner strength . and well done on raising si much money!

ttc is a minefield of emotion In itself thumpette take it easy you have a lot going on . I have no doubt you will fall pregnant again . your an amazing mammy!

Great to hear from you thumpette. TTC is such a tough time, especially after a loss. Good luck with it all xxx

Anyone weaning, how often are you giving food? Are you sterilising spoons/bowls and how?!

Delighted to hear from you Thumpette. Well done on the fundraising. I really hope hope things happen for you soon.
    Bobskii I will continue with formula until she is one. Does your daughter sit in the high chair? Leave a bottle for her to play with or a cup. That's how I got my daughter taking the cup of water. Might work.

oh can ya give them cows milk? I didn't know u could. Yeh she will sit in it but slouches down . I still try her with the bottle every day she's just a monkey . I'll keep it up anyway see if she'll take it as she gets on a bit

Sorry that should say formula! Baby brain!

No cows milk before one. You must be frustrated not being able to leave her.

lol you still using baby Brain too :D
    Yeh it is getting a bit frustrating alright . we'd like a night out but because I can't leave her it's proving Impossible!I can leave her during the day providing I feed her before hand . mind u it's only happened twice since I had her!

• Advertisement

lol you still using baby Brain too :D
    Yeh it is getting a bit frustrating alright . we'd like a night out but because I can't leave her it's proving Impossible!I can leave her during the day providing I feed her before hand . mind u it's only happened twice since I had her!

Oh good god bobskii how do you do it?? Although it's not like I run and leave her at every moment. We have been out a handful of times but even just to hand her to someone to feed to get that break mentally. We have a wedding next weekend so will be staying over for that. I'm a little nervous but my mam is amazing so it's putting my mind at ease. However finiding something to wear is another story altogether. Still have so much weight to shift. Started slimming world properly last week cut out on all the junk and I'm only down two pounds. Need to get more body magic in between the showers!

Mirror I dont bother sterilising just wash and dry Tbh. And I haven't started her in the high chair either. I pop the bouncer on the table for spoon and then boppy her on my knee.

Has anyone's hair continued to shed? I have to Hoover after I blow dry my hair it's a nightmare

I'm actually used to it now so it doesn't bother me so much . However I would like to go off for an hour to myself some days even just for a coffee . I don't bother takes too much organising!!I solved the hair problem went in a few weeks ago and got it all chopped off :D it's short now and looks much better.
    I have lost 22 lb since I started ww it's slowing down now tho,must get some exercise in myself!!

Oh wow bobskii congrats that's an amazing weight loss. I'm hitting to a fitness class tonight so I hope I don't collapse during it.
    I'm so tempted with the hair there was a huge matting in it from the dead hairs tangled and I had to cut it out!!
    Rough morning this morning up since 5, brought her out for a walk and she slept for 5 minutes and screamed for the rest. Think her other tooth is coming through
    Has any bubs made strange? We visited mil yesterday and she went ballastic. Lol

Thanks lashes that's good to know. I figure the bowl is grand coz its in the microwave and I thoroughly washed all the spoons and was hoping that's ok.

Bobskii fair play to you, I'd be losing the plot at this stage. Just a note that might help, one of my friends breastfed and like you couldn't get her to take a bottle or trainer cup. In the end they used a straw cup even though they are marked for much older kids and the baba got on very well with it. She did say they tried about 10 cups before they found one that worked. Now she can leave milk and she'll drink it via the pop up straw

Oh lashes that's tough. Mine has been restless and a bit whingey in his sleep but not waking up as such. He's just after doing a 2hr nap tho which is bliss-he's still asleep!

ill try that with the cup mirrorwall hopefully something will work.
    I need to tone back up tho I. A completely different shape than I was before . might start spin again it's great for toning.

oh and my lo has made strange too this week seems to be if there's a group of people and they get too close!

bobskii wrote: »
    oh and my lo has made strange too this week seems to be if there's a group of people and they get too close!

Ditto. Not so much making strange as not able to cope with lots of people at once

Is it wrong to worry about too much sleep??? We were up and 7.30 Fed then she slept until 12.30 Fed bottle and butternut squash then slept until 5, bottle and now she's dozing again?!?! I've never had this problem before. I hope she's not coming down with something!! 3 bottles so far for the whole day?!?sometimes she's polished 3 bottles by 12!

• Advertisement

We've had a huge amount of sleep the last few days too. He had his 4 month shots and has a bit of a cold so I'm putting it down to that. Was a bit worried yesterday coz he was refusing bottles but he's been a bit better at it today

Advertisement