Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Chicken pox are rampant in my son's school. Fingers crossed it's not that.
    Awe poor little man hope he's well soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I wish I has that problem!altho she did snooze a good bit today when we were shopping and then woke up and entertained everybody in the coffee shop with her antics . think I have a messer on my hands!

Once she sleeps tonight! Me nerves!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Well I have not had a full nights sleep since the babs was born. Best we got was 10 until 6.50 but that hasn't happened in a while. Last night she woke at twelve, five and had to lift her at eight to do the school run. To say I am tired is an understatement. Had to go to work today, meeting went on for four hours. Then home to collect son from school. Send some sleep dust my way ladies, badly needed.

same here fall,like you I got from bout 10 till 5.30 maybe twice . she's waking now at 2.30 4/5.30 and then 7.30 she will go back asleep but it takes me ages to drift off then . the oh gets up at 6 45 so the he wakes me too!some days we get a lie on but then i have my son getting up for work too so usually were awake . told my oh I'd give anything for a straight 6/7 hours sleep!

• Advertisement

Bobskii we are sleep deprivation twins. Husband also gets up at 6.45. He went to kiss me goodbye one morning and I was so cross he woke me lol. The bottle fed babies definitely sleep longer.

lol I growled at mine the other morning not to wake the baby . he was staring at her waiting for his opportunity!!its not forever that's all I keep telling myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

fall wrote: »
    The bottle fed babies definitely sleep longer.

If it makes you feel better this is definitely not true in our case! She no longer takes a night feed but still wakes constantly! 4 straight hours last night and I was delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Ditto. Our lad goes down between 10-11 at night and mooches around from 5. He doesn't need a feed til 8 but he ain't asleep so I don't get unbroken sleep. Plus I tend to get back up after I've put him down to go do washing/bottles and have a little alone time so I don't go to bed myself til 12 usually. That may seem silly but I need that space for me time even if it's mostly doing jobs around the house

Oh and I feel you guys on the OH. Mine gets up at 5 but comes back up to get dressed/have shower at 6. It drives me round the twist particularly nights when the baba decides to start mooching at 4 instead. Awake at 5, then 6, then everytime he mooches (about every 15-20mins) until 8 when its get up time.

Meh. No wonder I'm tired when I read that

I jinxed us. Our guy has been awake since 4 and had been coughing in his sleep all night. Now I'm tired. And I really wish his grandparents had some semblance of a blind because the room is as bright as day and I'm pretty sure we are screwed and he's awake for the day now.

Really don't like the cough, sounds so chesty :(

• Advertisement

you can get a travel black out blind I've sen them in smyths and mother care . poor Lil man is he all caught up?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Omg five and a half months in already!!!!!!will I ever sleep more than three hours I m a row again. My two wake once a night and if anything my lb is getting. Hungrier and hungrier. Gotta jumparoo and a walker last weekend and they love them plus it gives me 15 minutes respite from entertaining them. I dream of the day they can hold their own bottles��

Ha ha Bobskii, I growl a bit too at that hour of the morning. I think it is time to put her in her own room. She is often asleep but making so much noise that I am awake. Fair play Millie I don't know how you do it. How's the cough Mirrorwall?

I contemplated putting her in her own room but I don't think we're ready . as in I'm not ready :D

bobskii wrote: »
    I contemplated putting her in her own room but I don't think we're ready . as in I'm not ready :D

I'm the same. This morning was the perfect example, he didn't actually want a bottle until 830 but he mooched, napped, cooed to himself, coughed and spluttered from 4 until then-I was wrecked and he was happy out. But despite all that I'd never have relaxed if he was in the next room!! He's doing better this evening, the cough is still a bit nasty but I think it's mostly from post nasal drip coz he'll happily lie in his elevated (reflux) cot or bouncer but gets uncomfortable quickly on the floor

Thanks for the blackout blind suggestion but I know if I brought it they'd feel they'd need to get a blind and I'd feel terrible to be honest. We're not there more than 4-5 nights a month so we'll survive.

Millie I don't know how you do it... Living legend!

Oh and we did the early years first aid course this morning-absolutely brilliant and well worth the 50e. Ciara was outstanding

You see you wouldn't wake if he was doing that in his own room. It was the exact same on my first. We all magically slept better once he was in his own room. I know it is a major step but it will definitely happen for us in the next few weeks. Just finishing decorating her room and setting up the cot. She is just about too big for her crib and rocks the hell out of it using her feet!! The cot doesn't fit in our room. I am off on holidays soon so will need her to get used to sleeping in the big cot.

fall wrote: »
    You see you wouldn't wake if he was doing that in his own room. It was the exact same on my first. We all magically slept better once he was in his own room. I know it is a major step but it will definitely happen for us in the next few weeks. Just finishing decorating her room and setting up the cot. She is just about too big for her crib and rocks the hell out of it using her feet!! The cot doesn't fit in our room. I am off on holidays soon so will need her to get used to sleeping in the big cot.

Ah but with the chesty cough I'd probably not have slept at all terrified I'd miss something :) It'll come, I'm the same, when he outgrows the next 2 me he'll have to move anyways

Ah if they are anywAy unwell it is best to have them close. I will probably cry when I do move her. The time is flying by. Was in work the other day and it just made September seem that bit closer. Going to enjoy every second with the two of them this summer.

time is flying past alright . I took a pic of my eldest with herself the other say and realised how quickly the last 19 years have gone :( id share it here only I dunno how to on my phone!!

Yup, I'll be the same. Though it'll be nice to be able to get out of the bed without sliding! . Docs in the morning I think coz it hasn't really improved since Friday and it does sound chesty. It's not all the time but when it does come it rattles him. No temp tho and nose isn't running much so he's not too bad. Hard to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Well in my ante natal for multiples class there was a woman expecting triplets who already had a five year old. I meet her now and again and I'm like sweet Jesus woman I'd have collapsed in a heap months ago. Depends what you're used to. Am on hols at the moment and they won't sleep in travel cots as mattress to thin so their in the big bed with us ( one each / separate rooms) can you imagine the craic I'll have trying to get them into cot never mind their own room. On the cute side they have discovered their toes lol their little faces were like shocked and stunned The Bonjella and teetha things aggravated their reflux so am just letting them chew everything around them. They are adoring the baby porridge though and cry when it's all gone. Bit like me and food that way lol

Mirror how did you get on with the doc?
    What a weekend. We are back with Mam until we get sorted with something.not ideal at all

One week after we got first tooth, second tooth came along this morning! Thank god for calgel.

Fair play to you Millie u complqin about one I can only imagine how it is with two!!

How much are you feeding your guys? Solid wise? She had half of a Ellas kitchen small pouch today that's the most she's looked for. I wish they made savoury little pouches she would never get through a big one

my one would eat a full pouch if I let her!I hive her half today and the other half tomorrow . Heinz do little savoury pouches with nothing added . I have one here to try herself with.

I steamed, blended and froze stuff in advance so we've been using mainly that. If you know the ice cube trays with the silicone dots at the bottom then he takes about 3/4 of those which I think is between and ounce or two. He's had squash, sweet potato and pear of those (adored the pear and it did its job of moving the bowels). I also have some cow and gate small pouches so he had carrots from that when I was in the inlaws with him. Today was the first day he had two sets of food but he's off his bottles a bit with teeth.

Checked with my pharmacist and he said don't bother with docs, no temp, eating fairly well, not off colour, no green snot-the cough could well be fluid from teething not the cold. And there's nothing the GP could give him this young anyways.

Anyone know what way holidays worked over the maternity leave? Are bank holidays included?
    Boss said I could take holidays to cover part of the unpaid time I'm taking but said I've 6 days? It's June surely I would have 14days by now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Anyone know what way holidays worked over the maternity leave? Are bank holidays included?
    Boss said I could take holidays to cover part of the unpaid time I'm taking but said I've 6 days? It's June surely I would have 14days by now

You are entitled to all holidays you would have normally accrued if working, as well as the bank holidays that have happened while on leave. If you're taking unpaid maternity leave, you need to take it directly after paid maternity leave and before any holidays are paid to you. The benefit of this is that you will continue to accrue your holidays an bank holidays during unpaid leave.

If you need any help on this, I'm happy to give you exact dates, work in that area

pity that doesn't apply to me I'd have all school hols owed that would be great :D

Thanks all I had a huge reply wrote back but it disappeared.

How's everyone doing?

• Advertisement

lol hate that!!solids seem to have made my lo constipated :( today's mission is to get her to drink water!hope you enjoyed that fine weather in drogheda yesterday lashes my goodness it was scorching.

Advertisement