Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Yeh it's common alright . but us In her mouth which leaves her cranky when she's trying to feed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Grr the thread is missing it's last posts again. So frustrating, happens every week or so.

Fingers crossed they stay down ;) My lads just gone off, but later than usual coz we're in the grandparents. Hope I don't suffer for that tomorrow

Lashes I posted to the infant and toddlers forum a while back that I put all the Lamaze toys I own into the washing machine with no damage even though they say spot clean only. 30 degree quick wash with antibac washing powder

lashes when are you due?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I think the 12th Feb. My last period was early and now this one has failed to show!! You gonna join me? Lol

Thanks mirrorwall .We have a few that I throw in the machine.

lol eh no plans at the minute!!I was thinking maybe you'd be in the January Club next year too :D

• Advertisement

Oh Lord could you imagine??!? I really didn't mean for it to happen so so quickly. Oh thinks it's great, 'sure we have everything we need anyways' .Its easier for men though. I'll be only back at work and then gone again. I'm sure they will be delighted lol

We had another 5am wake up call this morning .I'm just wrecked. I think she's in a routine of waking ng up early now. If that makes sense. It happens me sometimes.

lol that would have been funny!!YehYeh doll is after starting to wake at 11.30 and seems to be slotting it into her routine . knackered myself from it swore I was napping today when she went down but sur that never happened!

lol that would have been funny!!YehYeh doll is after starting to wake at 11.30 and seems to be slotting it into her routine . knackered myself from it swore I was napping today when she went down but sur that never happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

One and six wakings here. Shattered. So a one year old and a newborn lashes, you will be busy lol. But seriously delighted that it happened easily for you. Tried solids all this week and she has zero interest. Going to wait until the six months now. Off on holidays in a week and a half. Can't wait.

11.30 2.30 and 5/6.30 .she is going through a major growth spurt tho.

• Advertisement

That's tough Bobskii. This little monkey then goes back asleep and I have to wake her for the school run.

I dunno how I will cope. But another baby is a blessing it will be difficult for the first while but sure I'll adjust. (Dont freak out think positive thoughts). Lol.

Yeah weaning is tough she's not taking to it like I hoped. But sure one or two spoons a day won't harm her!

Got a pic of the tooths today!Like tryna get a pic of Bigfoot lol

awww too cute not a sign of teeth here . plenty of chewing and drooling mind you . You'll be fine lashes you've plenty of help there In the oh and wee man . sur it'll be company for herself too.

Oh my god her teeth are flying up. Two here that feel like razors, just under the gum. You will be great Lashes. Can't beat Irish twins, nine months and ten days between two oldest in my family. They are like twins, so close

Thanks guys .It will be like washing your hair,the thoughts of it is always worse than doing it!! Lol. I'm holding out to tell the world until after my scan .A cousin of mine lost a baby at 7,weeks gone yesterday but had everyone told from finding out herself . Are they the same sex fall?? I would love another girl purely for clothes reasons. I have bags of them waiting to go lol.

Has any bubba started to sit by themselves? She goes for a few seconds then gets really distracted and lunges for it. No fear in her at all .She's flying around in her walker too,is great at backwards. But has my mastered the forward quite as much .

exactly!!Yeh my woman is a the same . will sit for a minute and then look round here and fall forward or back . left her with my mum for a few hours this morning when I scooted off to the shops . she survived I survived and so did my mum :D

They are two boys Lashes. Backwards crawling here. She can get into the crawl position but can't go forwards. Sits up but falls forward. That's great Bobskii. Nice to get out alone for a few hours.

God my lads nowhere near crawling! He's far too fascinated with his feet and cooing to even roll over yet! Though he's comfortable on his tummy for much longer periods now at least.

Also, I'm a terrible mother! I have just realised that I've forgotten to give T his vitamin d in like a month??!! Is this really really bad? Im so bad at remembering! I've put it with his food now so I should see it every time I feed him

Oh yeah I did buy a bottle of that in the beginning . But have never given it!! Plenty of sunshine out there this weather

We had a great morning. Up at 8.30 yay!! Just given bed time bottle so fingers crossed for another good night.

We are no where near crawling either she just spins

I stopped the vitamin d drops after day three. She was vomiting it up. Called my neighbour in who is a pediatric nurse and she straight away said to stop giving them that they have so many kids coming in vomiting because of them!!! She said there was an increase in rickets in the country and that's where the advice to give them came from however on further examination the rickets was occurring in non nationals. We have adapted to the amount of sunlight we get in this country. I make sure my baby gets outside every day even if it's sitting in her buggy while I hang out the washing. Great sleeping lashes, have you any symptoms yet? Saw a very pregnant lady today and had a little moment of envy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

December mama lurking here because I seem to be talking to myself on that thread!! We've just had the 6 month vaccinations so that's it now til he's a year, thank God. My fella is only just starting to be interested in food now. He's got one tooth so far and I'm sure another is imminent as the form has been extra-fussy lol :)

oops me too I must do that too to remind me!

Dolbert wrote: »
    December mama lurking here because I seem to be talking to myself on that thread!! We've just had the 6 month vaccinations so that's it now til he's a year, thank God. My fella is only just starting to be interested in food now. He's got one tooth so far and I'm sure another is imminent as the form has been extra-fussy lol :)

Welcome to join us! sure we're all close enough in age, I barely made it into January with my lad on the 28th! We have our six months in July, he's been very good with them so far

Hey Dolbert, you are more than welcome to join us. I. Love that our thread is still alive. The sixth month vaccine is a real milestone. Tonight is my girls first night in her own room. Went down ok but who knows what the night will bring :-)

lol dolbert I'm a December mammy do I'm at the same stage as you . six months the next week how time flies!

Me too fall, my husband knows you all from me discussing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Hi Dolbert :) I got into the Jan group by one day!

Congratulations Lashes, that's fab news! Not sure I'd have the energy to think about another right now (or ever!) My little girl is absolutely mad about him though and it's great to see some proper interaction between them now too.

Little man has 2 teeth now and started finger food a few days ago. He's savaging the veg, not so keen on fruit strangely enough. I just wish he'd sleep a bit better, yawn. He's up at 5 or 5.30 most mornings and up for multiple night feeds. I'm repeating 'This is just a phase' quite a lot these days!!!

I'm still breastfeeding too, thankfully it's going ok - he's not great for latching on during the day so I express for his day feeds, and thankfully he latches on fine at night. I put him in his own room for naps, and for the start of the night, but he comes into the co sleeper for his first night feed, usually around 11 or 12am.

P.S Vitamin D drops? What are they ...... (untouched in my fridge probably!)

Constipation,sore boobs,stretchy cramps.u know the usual ;) I'm knackered too bu. I think it's because I'm not used to the early mornings!Mrs whippy I'm still in denial lol .

It's great our thread is still soldiering on. Dolbert I was part of the December thread too originally and ended up here. Lol.

I didnt spoon feed her today and she doesn't seem bothered!!

Anyone had to deal with a dribble rash? It's like a few spots under her chin thats caused by constant wet.

you will show much sooner on this one too!!I'm very excited for you . ya better not bugger off to your new thread on us :P hopefully when we do start trying again it'll happen naturally this time!my monkey was very late to bed tonight . I fell asleep with her in the bed last night till 6 this morning!

• Advertisement

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Constipation,sore boobs,stretchy cramps.u know the usual ;) I'm knackered too bu. I think it's because I'm not used to the early mornings!Mrs whippy I'm still in denial lol .

It's great our thread is still soldiering on. Dolbert I was part of the December thread too originally and ended up here. Lol.

I didnt spoon feed her today and she doesn't seem bothered!!

Anyone had to deal with a dribble rash? It's like a few spots under her chin thats caused by constant wet.

Yup dribble rash here! I got the fleece backed bibs in ikea-really excellent. Then apart from that powder under his chin every nappy change and Vaseline on his chin so it rolls over it. Then a spot of sudocreme at night if it's bad. I rarely get it now though with the Vaseline and the new bibs

Advertisement