Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Oh and how's everyone set for Father's Day?? I've stuff left in the nursery and dads not allowed in before 9 (he gets up before me and baba)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Haha bobskii to be fair this group of mammies are unreal no other thread could ever live up to this one !! Sure I still have a stone to loose from before so I'm just gonna be massive.

I got a card from moompig and made up our own hhamper. And the obligatory fry in bed of course.

Did the madam love your bed?? I would love a snuggly baby but sookums hates cuddles .

Thanks for the tip mirror. I must change her bib twenty times a day but she has this rash under her chin since yesterday .I think it was from her rain jacket and no bib over it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

my oh is away for the night at concert . I was supposed to go but considering nite feeds are still happening here it wasn't possible . We don't really do presents on mothers/fathers day but seeing as this is officially his first I got him a gift also got one for her godfather(her big brother :D)
    I have a very snuggly baby she will happily lay in my arms getting kissed and cuddled and just smiles her day away . She loves sleep in in bed with me and usually when her daddy goes to work she goes off to sleep for another couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Ah pity you couldn't go Bobskii. First night in own room went grand. She was so stretched out, I think she was loving the space. No crying when she woke just chatting to herself. Don't bother with presents for mothers or Father's Day either but son made stuff at school and dad is barred from his bedroom as he is still colouring in!

I wasn't really bothered anyway they are more his scene than mine!lol your wee man is out to please . We've handed over our godfather present to a very sleepy big brother . She slept great last night . only woke the once and was paned put in her cot at 8 she woke shortly after that . glad to hear the first night went well long may it continue!

• Advertisement

We had another great night up at 8 and now back down for a nap .Lazy Sunday alert lol

That's great going fall.
    How is your babies getting on with the bottle. Bobskii have you had any luck whatsoever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Congrats Lashes, they'll be the best of friends 'cos they're so close in age!

On Friday I picked up a DVD of the new Kurt Cobain film for Father's Day as I knew he wanted to watch it. That evening he came in and out of nowhere suggested streaming it! So I had to give him his present early :D

I'm on Slimming World at the moment and more or less have the baby weight gone now, I still have quite a bit of pre-pregnancy weight to go though! Yesterday evening some well-meaning idiot assumed out loud that I was pregnant :rolleyes: I know I still have a mummy tummy and at least it's going in the right direction but whyyyy would anyone feel the need to say anything *sigh*

Thanks dolbert .Yeah I had sstarted slimming world too and I'm gonna try to keep to it because I put on far too muchlast time round .

Omg how rude. Do they know you or was it some randomer?? we had dinner in my aunt's and she was like I'll give you extra sure you look like you still love the grub!! I felt like Sheryl out of Royale Family!!

He was a random old man, he meant no harm but I couldn't help feeling deflated :( We're hard enough on our post-partum bodies, we don't need strangers' opinions into the mix!

no luck with the bottle lashes she's starting to take water from a cup tho which is progress!
    dolbert people are so pass remarkable . like even if u thought that would you say it I know I wouldn't!two people whom I'd see on a regular basis when they see me visibly stare at my tum and look me up and down to see if I've lost weight and each time they do I just think to myself f you!!just ignore people like that they ruin your happiness!

• Advertisement

That is progress bobskii! Mine hates water but he'll chew on the spout. Anyone else feeling they are feeding all the time? I had a lovely routine, well when I say 'I', I meant the baba had put himself in a lovely routine. 5 bottles a day 3hrs approx apart with one long nap in the morning of 2hrs and cat naps after that. Now he's trying to fit 5 bottles in with two feeds and we've lost our afternoon routine entirely.

He has his morning bottle at 9 and is back to bed after an hour. He wakes for his bottle at 12, then between then and 3 he needs a nap and solids, bottle at 3, and again needs a nap and solids by 6. Just feel I can't get out of the house again now!

Edit: we also seem to have lost our night time too. I've been hoping it was teeth but last night has put paid to that. He's not hungry but has decided that waking every hour from about 2am is the way to go. He just lies there and coos and aahs really loudly. So tired

opposite here she has done great the past two nights . only waking at 4/4.30 and back to sleep till 8/8 30 .she has a very loose routine going herself im just the minion who goes along with what she does :D

does anyone else's oh test the patience when it comes to bed time . I swear he does be trying to wake her up I nearly killed him last night . tired and hungover he completely upset her bedtime routine . then he gets the hump when I give out . l am I asking too much?sometimes i feel like an unpaid childminder.
    rant over :P

same here we have had a great few days but we are never guaranteed a good night . She was awake at 545 this morning but slept until 7.30 when my alarm went off and woke her.
    Don't get me started on OH!! He's the same here. He even calls himself child no 3.that will change soonn lol. Some days it's gets to me mostly I let it go over my head!!

Good two nights here thank god after three rough weeks. She is not waking herself bashing off the sides of the crib. My oh does the last feed because it's a bottle. He brings her up at 815 and she is usually down by nine. Bad night means waking at one and twice more before we get up for school. Good night is one waking anytime after three. I can totally cope with that. The days after the bad nights are hard when you are so tired. I usually go mad cleaning!

Yeh same as that but last night he really pissed me off!he came home yesterday after his nite away and demanded cuppa as it was fathers day lol .He really does test the waters some days!!

That's when you want to throttle them... Eh hello you just had the night off should you not be making me tea! Are you back to work in September? I will probably start weaning in July. Will miss feeding her. Worked out great fir me.

I know and then I asked him to come in last night to let me have a shower and he was still outside an hour later strolled just and asked me was I making sandwiches . he really did push his luck yesterday now I think of it lol.
    Yeh I'm back in September I must make contact with work actually . The thoughts of it I just keep putting it off!!I dunno what to do about returning she's showing no signs of takin the bottle so I might just have to see will she take it In a cup.

He is lucky he didn't get a knuckle sandwich ���� lol

he bloody well is lol!

Ha ha, I'd have killed him! We've been spoilt rotten, he's slept 10-11hrs a night for two months. He'd often surface briefly around 5 when the OH gets up but would settle within an hour again. We had a good routine of
    830 up for bottle,
    930 bed again for about 2hrs,
    1130 bottle
    Short nap in between when rubs eyes
    1430 bottle
    1730 bottle
    2030 bottle

The last week he's taken to waking at night at 4am or so and just staying awake until 830 and breakfast. He's not even hungry??! Last night took the biscuit, was asleep by 9pm and woke every 40 mins or so from 2am when he did go to sleep, there were 30-45min periods where he just lay there and cooed (see attached I sent the husband at 630am)

Now he's tired and I'm tired. Bah

• Advertisement

Ha ha, I'd have killed him! We've been spoilt rotten, he's slept 10-11hrs a night for two months. He'd often surface briefly around 5 when the OH gets up but would settle within an hour again. We had a good routine of
    830 up for bottle,
    1130 bottle
    1430 bottle
    1730 bottle
    2030 bottle

The last week he's taken to waking at night at 4am or so and just staying awake until 830 and breakfast. He's not even hungry??! Last night took the biscuit, was asleep by 9pm and woke every 40 mins or so from 2am when he did go to sleep, there were 30-45min periods where he just lay there and cooed (see attached I sent the husband at 630am)

830 up for bottle,
    1130 bottle
    1430 bottle
    1730 bottle
    2030 bottle

The last week he's taken to waking at night at 4am or so and just staying awake until 830 and breakfast. He's not even hungry??! Last night took the biscuit, was asleep by 9pm and woke every 40 mins or so from 2am when he did go to sleep, there were 30-45min periods where he just lay there and cooed

He was some sleeper. She never naps longer than an hour and usually only does 30 minutes.

fall wrote: »
    He was some sleeper. She never naps longer than an hour and usually only does 30 minutes.

Ick. I've been spoilt!

I've now renamed my daughter Moaning Mary .No naps today or yesterday. But had a 7.30 to 7.30 last night. But so cranky due to tiredness and really refusing to nap,of course I didn't take advantage of her going to bed early so I'm wrecked and so so so nauseous. Good God this is really happening and this is the easiest part! Bluergh

jeez id b loving 7.30 / 7 30!!We had a development check today . she's meeting all her milestones . is just over a stone weight too so all good.phn was surprised I'm still feedin her too.

Is that your 6 month check up? When did you get word to go?

It was a great sleep but such a tough day,was just about to get her down at 7 tonight and the dog went ballistic,woke her so she's just gone again. To the pound lol .

Fair play to you. I haven't been very successful at spoon feeding .So I've started to give finger type foods instead but she just kinda chews and spits them out .Not sure what to be doing

I think it's ok for them to just taste and spit out at this stage . my one loves her food . I give her finger food too but she's only just starting to realise it's supposed to go in her gob!!
    The phn rang me today at 12.30 ta see if I could go down at 2.30 .luckily for her I had no agenda today :D Yeh it was her 6 month check she said she'll b down again at 9 months.

and I know what you mean about the dogs.jeeze some days I could kill my two ill only have her asleep and they'll see a bloody cat outside and lose the run of themselves!

• Advertisement

Er, my baby's 6.5 months and I've heard nothing about a 6 month check :/ Wonder if I should get onto them?

I've given up on purees and just give finger food now, much more fun! So far he's had toast (unsalted butter, bleurgh), blackberries, strawberries, roast pepper and carrot wedges, pasta and we're trying falafel today :D

Advertisement