Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

God I forget what a difference being late in the month is, my lads still not even 5 months! I thought my PHN said she'd see me at 9 months? Maybe I misheard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I just checked the chart there and it says 7/9 months . As cage marked off the chart yesterday she did say this is for a 7 month baby . I think she just rings me when she checks her book tho cos she always rings me out of the blue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

I hope you don't mind me popping in... Bobskii... I had a baby 4 weeks ago and she has thrush, I just read that your baby has it again and I was wondering if you have any advice? She has it in her mouth and is on mycostatin but I'm wondering how long it takes to clear? Today is day 3 on the medicine... Thanks so much and sorry for jumping in :o

hi allirog! are you breastfeeding?I've had two goes of that medicine and this time they gave me oral daktarin. I don't think it's clearing it up tho . I get it very hard to get the proper amount into her cos it's okay the first time I put it in her mouth but then she clamps down when I go to give her more the monkey . I have the cream for myself and put it on in between feeds . sterilising dodis and everything but I know once they get it its very hard to break the cycle of them getting it . I am contemplating getting the cure of it to see does that work.

I'm not really much help but it's just so hard to clear completely.

oh and it should clear it by the time she's finished the bottle but just keep an eye on it coming back . This time when I went to the doc she thought it hadn't come back but it was in the back of her throat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Bobbski give infant probiotics a go. They are amazing. Three wakings last night and then a poo catastrophe when I was doing the school run. It was everywhere, like a bad comedy. Then my water bottle leaked in the changing bag. So poo on my leg and my hands as well as all over her and a dripping bag. Had to laugh or else I would have cried.

sorry fall that made me laugh as they say s#it happens!where would I get them fall?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Awe bless fall that made me laugh too! Poor you .What a shít morning .lol

Never thought of pasta Dilbert. She loves her teeth munching through things, she had carrots and rice cakes and dry toast.

Yeah bobskii dogs seen a bird I could have cried
    Still on three hour feeds during the day .It will never stop!

That tough fall .Is it for a feed??

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Ah every time I thought I had it cleaned I would touch something and would find more. Husband found it all hilarious when I told him. I think she might be growth spurting Lashes she is feeding like a demon hence all the poo. Bobskii you can get them in the health food shop. I use the Dr. Udo's brand. They are a bit on the dear side but I swear by them.

ill try them so on Saturday when I get my last payment :O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

bobskii wrote: »
    hi allirog! are you breastfeeding?I've had two goes of that medicine and this time they gave me oral daktarin. I don't think it's clearing it up tho . I get it very hard to get the proper amount into her cos it's okay the first time I put it in her mouth but then she clamps down when I go to give her more the monkey . I have the cream for myself and put it on in between feeds . sterilising dodis and everything but I know once they get it its very hard to break the cycle of them getting it . I am contemplating getting the cure of it to see does that work.

I'm not really much help but it's just so hard to clear completely.

I'm not breastfeeding anymore. I can see a definite improvement in the thrush but her little lips and gums look slightly blistered so I'm just wondering. I've done everything. Put an antibacterial soap wash in the kitchen, a clean towel just for drying hands, my sterilising dodi after every use. In fairness, I am getting it in to her, she must like the taste but I'm just curious if it'll clear and how long it'll take. It's so horrible to see the poor little thing with it!

it's cherry flavour my one loves it . I think if it doesn't clear this time for me ill bring her to a different doc it's not my own doc that's prescribing this stuff . she only ever has the white spots on her lips . but I know straight away cos she won't stay latched on.

so my maternity leave is officially over :(

Mine finished last week i feel like a bum lol

We have a cold here again. Got absolutely no sleep last night .The poor pumpkin could only sleep sitting up. So she's got calpol in her nasal spray and Vicks on her feet. She's now sitting on my knee straight up asleep .Poor pet. Myself and my son are hitting to the cinema at 3.daddy's looking after her. Is it acceptable to have a little snooze at the back? Lol

Oh and mirrorlittlewoods have the prep filters I ordered three on Monday and got them Wednesday after searching everywhere for them

hope the wee woman sleeps tonight lashes . Will Young in out what your having this time??I could cry at my maternity leave being up but I won't . Thank god for school holidays :D

Thank god for school hols indeed! OH took the babs off to his grandparents tonight to give me a night off, this week has been.. "interesting" lol! The sleep is improving but he still waking a good bit. Doesn't want a bottle just likes to lie there in the cot and coo. I really don't want to move him until the 6 month mark but I've already had to put up the side of his cot to stop him hitting and kicking me in the night and I'm a bit worried that its actually us moving in the night thats partly the cause for waking him.

There is no sleep to Be had tonight :( she's in the bed beside me propped up with pillows.

ah poor pet . do you have the vaporiser?she's probably cutting more teeth and all that goes with it.

No I need to invest in one!! What a crappy night .I just felt so sorry for her,cause she can't tell me what's annoying her the most,which was prpbab to a bad iddea as she was feeling really sorry for herself any ways!!
    Do u know what bobskii I actually forget that I'm pregnant most days! It will start to feel real after the scan. Definitely finding out the sex so I know if I am keeping the pinks or just the neutrals. Because after this i am done!!!

• Advertisement

I wish my oh would even attempt to get up first with my lo at the weekends never mind take her off for the nite!your so lucky mirrorwall!
    lashes the vaporiser is great you should give it a go . I agree it would be handy to find out this time round I think if I go again I'll consider it for handiness!!The neutrals don't b long getting pushed to the side once babs appears!

Bobskii he is good like that fair play to him but Oh god the guilt-baba was a nightmare on him. Didn't want to go to sleep (1030), woke up to throw up (1130), back to sleep (12ish), woke up cranky (2), screamed in his sleep (4), mooches (6) and then finally slept proper until 9. OH wakes up at 6 so he didn't sleep after that wakening. He's gonna be knackered. I do a lot of soothing during the night that I don't really register but the throwing up is definitely new and we're trying to step off the gaviscon so I'll have to watch that, hopefully it's a one-off

he probably just upset himself when he realised you weren't there . my oh wouldn't even attempt that . having a baby has my affected his life in the slightest except his wife is more cranky cos she's tired :D

My OH sounds like urs Bobskii .Mind you he took her after work for three hours so I could sleep. But that was just so he could get to the Louth match .

How is your little man now Mirror??

lol my lad would just go anyway he doesn't do guilty!!

The guilt was from her being up all night and I told him to stay in bed and sleep cause he was up for work. There would usually be no guilt. As I said befor in my next life I'm coming back as a man I deserve it lol

She's been asleep since 940 .hopefulky she will wake up feeling a little better

same here I think!I've just put herself down for a snooze sent him to do the grocery shopping and now I'm gonna enjoy a coffee uninterrupted hopefully . my son is just home from a night out and gone again . oh to b young!!

Oh just spent half an hour trying to get her to sleep. She cried so hard I had to sit in the garden so I wouldn't interrupt. I need to let him help out too and not take over all the time. Tough but phew she's snoring .

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Oh just spent half an hour trying to get her to sleep. She cried so hard I had to sit in the garden so I wouldn't interrupt. I need to let him help out too and not take over all the time. Tough but phew she's snoring .

Good work-it is hard to let control away sometimes. Baba went down like the dead for me this evening. Grumpy bottle but when popped in cot turned head and conked out. Poor lads knackered after the dance with his dad last night lol

Oh and Bobskii, this is the second night the OH has done this-the first one I outright asked/slightly told him to take him for the night. I was totally exhausted to the point I was worried about carrying the baby downstairs in the morning. This time he actually noticed I was beyond wrecked and offered. Our house is too small/walls too thin for me to go to another room or anything. Even if I try to have a nap in the evening I can hear every noise so taking the baba off for the night was the only way I would get proper sleep

• Advertisement

well fair play to him!my house is big enough that if I go to one end of it nobody knows where I am . I accidentally woke him earlier(he was asleep upstairs watching tv) and he was not impressed . I think one of us may move out when he gets his summer holidays two days at the weekend are long enough at the Min :D

Advertisement