Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Off to Spain with us all. Fingers crossed babs likes the sun and the sea. Hope everyone is keeping well :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

oh you lucky duck enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Well ladys how are you all keepiing? I'm on for a moan. My sleeper has disappeared .Up every two hours for a whinge n then eventually up at 5,for the day she just whines. I'm so exhausted and so frustrated .She's not taking to food at all either so I'm thinking is it the lack of weaning that's keeping her awake . Its so frustrating I thought I had her figured out and shechanges her game again!

she's keep in you on your toes!is she takin her bottles ok? I'm finding my woman is sleeping better since I started giving her solids. she still wakes but not do mas often and not for long . It's probably her teeth lashes they are a curse . I'd Imagine in her gums are sore she wouldn't be much in form for food .ell she take any solids for you?

So yesterday she had toast for breakfast,doesn't eat it tho throws it over the side of her high chair,pasta for lunch didn't pay much heed. And gave her a Rusk last night about 7.30 and she gobbled it,(such a bold treat of course she did). And slept until 7/8 this morning. Daddy is working this evening so I got a super lie on! I can't believe it feel like a new woman. She's in for a nap at the mo.
    I dunno about her teeth she's completely stopped dribbling .Has her bottom two so not sure. I think I was just getting overwhelmed .Oh works two jobs at the weekends so I struggle sometimes on my own mixed with early pregnancy symptoms /hormones. Argh what have I gotten myself in to lol .

How's your little woman doing?? Has everyone gotten their babies into their own rooms?

• Advertisement

wish I could say the same my oh just woke babs from her nap cos he has no volume button honestly I could throttle him some days!!I haven't moved her into her own room yet I figure if um still getting up at night fecked if I'm gonna b walkin up the hall to get her!We're in for our 6 month injections tomorrow not lookin forward to that :(

wish I could say the same my oh just woke babs from her nap cos he has no volume button honestly I could throttle him some days!!I haven't moved her into her own room yet I figure if um still getting up at night fecked if I'm gonna b walkin up the hall to get her!We're in for our 6 month injections tomorrow not lookin forward to that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I do our morning nap upstairs in his cot in our room bobskii coz I find if he misses that one he's a nightmare. We seem to be the other side of the 4 month sleep regression, he's back to sleeping the night but his teeth are the worst they've ever been but still haven't come through

Oh no,men don't think so they??

What foods do you give your little woman? I'm having roast dinner so might try her with a bit of chicken today.
    When do you reduce bottles? Looking forward to not feeding every three hours

Did you get the calgel mirror hopefully they will appear soon .We are the same with morning naps, although I gave in to her in my bed a few mornings out of pure exhaustion

• Advertisement

she always naps on me in the morning cos it's only 40 mins or so then her cit for her big nap in the afternoon . dad just doesn't do quiet whether ages in bed or not!!in the morning I give her porridge with some fruit mixed in(ellas kitchen puree of some description) then lunch us either yoghurt or fruit and then dinner is whatever we are having . I'll mix up potato veg and some gravy and she just loves it . I'll start giving her meat at 7 months . although she's had spag bol and shepherds pie already.

she always naps on me in the morning cos it's only 40 mins or so then her cit for her big nap in the afternoon . dad just doesn't do quiet whether ages in bed or not!!in the morning I give her porridge with some fruit mixed in(ellas kitchen puree of some description) then lunch us either yoghurt or fruit and then dinner is whatever we are having . I'll mix up potato veg and some gravy and she just loves it . I'll start giving her meat at 7 months . although she's had spag bol and shepherds pie already.

Actually have gotten somewhere with her and food. She had weetabix for breakkie half a jar of chicken dinner and a Rusk for tea and gobbled it all. She's down since 8 and hasn't budged!!

how did your needles go bobskii? I need to make an app for ours. Isn't it three this time? How has she been since??

Dada hasnt stopped since yesterday .Why is it always their first word?grr lol. And.The monkey now sits up from lying down .lifts her head up and then pushes the rest of the way on her elbows .So mobile

My lad does two hours in the morning but his two other naps are only 40mins or he might miss one or both altogether (thats a cranky evening!). I got the calgel lashes and it is good but nothing lasts unfortunately. He was up crying last night from about 3am on and off all night. Dosed him with neurofen and calgel before his morning nap and he conked out thank god. I can see the line of one of his front teeth under the gum but hasn't broken through yet. Also those sophie toys better be durable-I have never seen anything like the abuse he is giving it chewing it rofl!

We're doing puréed lunch but BLW breakfast/dinner as of today. He had great fun but man the mess... I literally had to put him in the bath after broccoli for dinner lol-it was everywhere!! He loved a bit of toast this morning-I think the texture was perfect for his gums. He's not actually swallowing any of the BLW stuff. The early weaning paid off though, we've dropped a gaviscon dose and he's coping well. Maybe a little more inclined to reflux but nothing like when he was younger. I'm leaving him on the single dose though for at least another month coz he's still having "wet" burps and throwing up every few days.

needles are a curse!!She's been sleeping on and off all day but In the last hour her temperature rose and she screamed the poor pet . Yeh it was 3 needles today I have her a dose of nurofen an hour before we left so that took the edge off . She didn't make much of a fuss at all . she's passed out on me now after a dose of calpol.

Oh no bobskii poor pet o might leave it another week to get them done. We are only over the cold,

I don't usually let my lady sleep in the evening so she's wrecked before bed!

Fruit for brekkie and sweet potato and chicken for lunch she's defo catching on

ah we put in some night of it with temperature and screaming .she's start in to come to now thankfully

Oh gosh how are you now bobskii?

Lashes our lad had a ball with roasted butternut squash this evening, its fascinating to watch them learn how to handle food.

I'm in a pissy mood. OH told me he'd clean up after dinner while I did the baba's bath and bedtime routine. He'd do the lie down beside him tonight because he wanted to read his book. Instead I came down to find he had washed/made 2 bottles (we run 6 so 5 needed to be done), brought the bin halfway out (seriously? I know I said we needed to put stuff in it, could you not have put it in it?!) and moved the plates to beside the sink. Thats it. Aaargh. Had to spend half an hour cleaning up myself when I got down.

Omg mirror I was just going to come on to rant too. I was in playing with Maggie broughther for bath and as I came out to make the bottle for bed oh is leaning on the counter watching tennis with the kitchen a bomb. No bottles washed. Food all over the floor and high chair washing machine finished n dogs water bowl empty etc etc. I could have screamed. He just was like ah sure I was just watching the end of this . Clearly not a multi tasker. Ggrrrr.

She looves her food but I'm stumped as what to give her for brekkie. The wetabix sometimes brings on a reach .

Ps bobskii how's your lady now? I'm gonna delay those needles forever. My woman is always cranky and dramatic after them

• Advertisement

lol men would do your nut in!!I have my happy baby back thankfully . I'm starting to panic a bit about a weekend I've planned In August .It involves an overnight stay.oh will be here with the boss but he's never put her to bed cos I always feed her to sleep . she still refuses point blank to take a bottle . dunno what I'm going to do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

"Lashes28 wrote:

as what to give her for brekkie. The wetabix sometimes brings on a reach .

Ready brek
    Porridge
    Scrambled eggs
    Eggy bread
    Toast
    Fruit
    Yoghurt

lashes I give my lo porridge with fruit for breakfast would you try that or ready brek or are you doing blw only?

Ha ha, men indeed! I blitzed porridge oats in the blender and have given it as porridge with fruit, porridge fingers and he also had toast yesterday. Had a slight reaction to raspberries today so isn't getting them again for a while. Pity coz he nailed picking them up and chewing tho his face at the bitterness was priceless!

this monkey has no interest In putting things in her mouth .If I give her food on the Tray of her high chair she whacks them on the floor or looks at me as if to say what's this business booby lady!!

Grr I had a huge messsage that I posted last night but it dissapeared .

Thanks for the tips guys .Might try her with a bit of egg today. What yoghurts are good??

Haha I laughed out loud at tghat bobskii .
    I had her in the walker the other day having a Rusk, turned my back to wash bottles, turned back and here she was feeding the dog, I shouted at the dog .She took it away from his mouth n was going to put it back in her own!!!Her face was priceless though, like shìt lads were caught!!!

Hitting the swimming pool today, if you hear of a whale warning in drogheda,its just me lol

I use the glenisk baby yoghurts she seems to like them . I heard lidl do one with minimal sugar so suitable for babies dunno the name tho.
    now you've made me think of drogheda which makes me want a cesar Wrap from jaffa lol!!

Ha ha, loving the pool comment and now I want Jaffa cakes.

Bobskii we spent a few days putting food on his tray and eating it ourselves. Then put the stuff in his hands a few times, now he's happy out grabbing it himself

Wow that's next door to where I work ;-) anything with taco sauce on it is delish from there !

Yeah a lot of them have a lot of sugars in it.

how was your lady last night?

• Advertisement

if it's that shoe shop I'm the crazy that spent days lookin in the window at a pair of boots :O I loved them!!Must try the taco sauce next time!The coffee is delish too . Now I'm flipping starving and I've ww this morning lol!!

Advertisement