Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Aren't they unreal!We've been married (and trying ) 6 years do no its not a shock to our systems,well it is that it finally happened but a baby isn't a shock we always knew we wanted one,maybe two ;)
    As for the dogs,we got the dogs know in we'd have kids,the dogs are part of the family and I've no intention of doing anything different just cos there's a baby on the way . people are mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BelindaL

Thats so funny Nicman, we got married in feb this year and eveyone who knows us well knew it wudnt be long before we tried. We adore kids and are at that stage were we are ready to have a family, when we told hubbys parents they were surprised, his mum kept saying I thought you would wait another couple of years etc! And we were anxious telling them cuz she usually goes hyper excited touchy feely about things and im not able for that but there u go ppl's reactions have surprised us since the news broke!

Nicman, ppl are telling us not to find out too, keep the surprise etc etc and its me making me doubt what to do even though I was the one adamant that we find out and hubby needed convincing. Have scan in few weeks so will have to decide by then I guess. Do ppl regret finding out??? Is it easier to push in labour when ur pushing for a surprise??

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

BelindaL wrote: »
    Thats so funny Nicman, we got married in feb this year and eveyone who knows us well knew it wudnt be long before we tried. We adore kids and are at that stage were we are ready to have a family, when we told hubbys parents they were surprised, his mum kept saying I thought you would wait another couple of years etc! And we were anxious telling them cuz she usually goes hyper excited touchy feely about things and im not able for that but there u go ppl's reactions have surprised us since the news broke!

Wow - that was exactly his parents reaction and we thought they'd be just overjoyed as he's the only son and all that. Yeah it was a strange one. We got married in Feb too :-) Due to several medical issues I thought i'd never get pregnant and most of them know that so I was surprised at their reaction and I guess a little disappointed but of course they're delighted for us. I suppose people ahve a timeline in their head and if 2 more years passed with nothing they'd be the other way - asking when!

BelindaL wrote: »
    Nicman, ppl are telling us not to find out too, keep the surprise etc etc and its me making me doubt what to do even though I was the one adamant that we find out and hubby needed convincing. Have scan in few weeks so will have to decide by then I guess. Do ppl regret finding out??? Is it easier to push in labour when ur pushing for a surprise??

We're the exact same - I wanted to find out he didn't mind but now he does too but we're starting to doubt it and will have to make our minds up soon. I don't know how you could regret finding out though. All my friends who have kids, although they all say the surprise was lovely, the second the baby came out they moved all the beige/lemon clothes and bed linen aside that they searched hard for and couldn't wait to get the baby into blue/ pink stuff. It seems practical to me and then with the names as well - it's hard enough pick for one sex let alone two. But in saying that we don't know what to do now! :-) It's a great "problem" to have in our happy lives isn't it ;-)

• Advertisement

Nicman, its crazy thou, they wouldnt call in and see the last scan pics for days and his dad wont harsly discuss it at all saying "there is a long way to go yet" , hubby said hes just nervous but this pisses me of cuz I feel that we are nervous and worried enough for everyone and we just need ppl to be excited and distract us from the nerves!!!!!! It frustrates me hugely because once the baba comea im sure ill nvr see the back of them!!! But thats ppl I guess! Congrats on getting pregnant, ye must be over the moon. I work in a job where aits all female staff and i hear so many having so much trouble ttc that I was petrified I woulsnt either but thankfully once we learned the cycles etc it was easy done etc ;-)

Best just take people with a pinch of salt and enjoy your time being pregnant!That's my plan for the next 22 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Think it's an old fashioned thing. My mam told me she often didn't tell her family until she was six months pregnant! She even said to me she prefers not to know until later because she worries too much. She had three miscarriages and it seemed to have been very common years ago , she still managed to have six of us though.
    I learnt on my last pregnancy to tune everyone elses opinion out. I got sick of the you are so big, you are so small blah blah brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Ah lads can Ye imagine the scandal when I told people, just split up with the dad and moved back home,I'm sure I'm still the subject of their gossip!!
    I just think, esp with extended family and people I know, will they be putting food in my child's mouth? Nope.helping with night feeds? Nope. Clothing him/her? Nope, that will be all me, so their opinions don't matter!!

I'm gonna find out the sex this time, as for pushing easier if it's a surprise, you just think of nothing but the pain and the urge to push, the thoughts of baby never even mind the sex comes into play until after the hard work is done!!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Ah lads can Ye imagine the scandal when I told people, just split up with the dad and moved back home,I'm sure I'm still the subject of their gossip!!
    I just think, esp with extended family and people I know, will they be putting food in my child's mouth? Nope.helping with night feeds? Nope. Clothing him/her? Nope, that will be all me, so their opinions don't matter!!

I'm gonna find out the sex this time, as for pushing easier if it's a surprise, you just think of nothing but the pain and the urge to push, the thoughts of baby never even mind the sex comes into play until after the hard work is done!!

Fair play stop I can't imagine them on my end. Honestly some family members would rather you stay with a guy regardless of how bad he is for your family than have the scandal around it about splitting up etc. Your child will thank you for it in years to come ;-)

• Advertisement

Yup I second that . that's what I done first time round and it's nobody's business only yours!

See you can see the logic but there's so many that are like, ah sure you will be back together before the babies here lol no thanks!!

I took my old buggy out,I'm so undecided whether to get a new one or not, it's a mama's and papas that the car seat sits on top of the buggy until it's ready to be sitting up, it's gonna be winter so I won't be out as much so was gonna use it and buy a new stroller when time comes.but then I see all the new amazing ones and Don t know what to do

Have any of Ye have those anomaly scan coming off?

My hospital doesn't offer it so I'd have ta get it down private . I don't think I'll bother bexaua we realistically it won't make a difference . What's gonna be will be.
    I know the buggy I want so I think I'll buy a good second hand one . will see how time goes on but at the min that is the plan . I know the buggy your on about my friend has one . If it's on good nick you'd be mad yo buy a new one there so expensive!

It's like brand new we paid nearly 900 for it 9 years ago, the only thing I would need to buy is a changing bag, I also had all his blankets and sheets put away, Moses basket and crib, I got pretty excited that I have a lot got already, and ifit's a girl meh, blue teddy sheets won't harm her ;)

Yeah I suppose your right on the anomaly business, I will love it no matter what!

I love having a glass of coke just to feel Junior moving ;)

That's true!that's the way I feel about the scab.it would only make me worry more If they told me there was something wrong so ill wait!!I must try the coke thing . I just adore feeling the baby moving it's so nice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I was hungry for dinner! For the first time in two months I actually ate it all. Really hoping this is a sign the sickness is easing :)

Edit: I completely take it back :(

Lashes28 you are so right about the pushing!!! Im sure all ill be thinking about is the pain (low pain threshold here!).

We were offered an anomaly scan in portunicla galway as my ob is Dr. Brassil and all his patients only are offered it. At first I was like nah I wont bother cuz ill love the child no matter what and I dony need to spend the rest of the pregnancy fretting if there was potentially a small issue, but my midwife advised me to take to it because she said regardless of what does or dosnt show, itll be nice to c ur baby getting bigger etc so we are booked in on 26th aug when ill be 20 + 5!!! Going to change over to mid wife led care then too.....

Just remembered a tip a vet friend told me, to try to adjust doggies, get someone to put their first baby gro or Vest in their bed to get them used to the new smells before baby comes home.

But they already know there's something up,they can smell the hormonal changes happening in our bodies, they probably knew we were pregnant before we did!!

Yeh I was told that too,ta send baby clothes home from the hospital and let them get used to the smell so it's not new when baby is introduced . had an appointment with the midwife today,alls good,got to hear the heartbeat again . Just love it!

Yeh I was told that too,ta send baby clothes home from the hospital and let them get used to the smell so it's not new when baby is introduced . had an appointment with the midwife today,alls good,got to hear the heartbeat again . Just love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Am feeling lots movement its kinds strange but lovely at same time. This is my second pregnancy , have Ds who is 5. Have been feeling these since 16 weeks +1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I know!! 4 weeks back to school then after that 4 weeks to my son's birthday and always from his birthday to Xmas is like a blur, but I just feel silly getting so excited about Xmas in July lol
    Will just need to be prepared this year, Xmas shopping starts tomorrow :)

Getting excited about Christmas in July is the best bit of christmas lol :) I was in Killarney last week and they had a christmas in July party....so wanted to go :);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Jealous of all the movement, I'm just 15 weeks so no movement yet. On the plus side for the first day in many weeks I haven't thrown up. The nausea seems to be finally settling down

Hope everyone is keeping well. Just curious has anyone started things like pregnancy yoga or are you doing any kind of specific preparation for the labour. I am hoping to start pregnancy yoga and I am listening to a gentle birth cd. Is anyone doing anything that they find really relaxing?

fall wrote: »
    Hope everyone is keeping well. Just curious has anyone started things like pregnancy yoga or are you doing any kind of specific preparation for the labour. I am hoping to start pregnancy yoga and I am listening to a gentle birth cd. Is anyone doing anything that they find really relaxing?

Hiya, I'm signed up for a pregnancy pilates class next week...was hoping to be feeling better by now though I hope I don't throw up mid-action! Not sure how it's going to go when im still feeling rotten but I really want to stick with it. It's meant to be great for during, labour and afterwards. What's the gentle birth CD? Is it for labour or general relaxation? Wouldn't mind something like that. When baby starts to be able to hear I'm hoping to play some relaxing music to the bump like classical - they say it relaxes it and can continue to relax them after birth!

Hi Nicman, I never did Pilates before. Have you done yoga? Which would you prefer? The gentle birth CDs are very relaxing but they are also full of positive affirmations to get you through the labour. The philosophy is to empower a women to believe in the power of their own body and nature. The Facebook thread has amazing stories and it's a great place to ask questions, lots of mid wives on it. When I had really bad nausea the CDs helped me to relax.
    I did yoga on my last pregnancy but thought the instructor was a bit rubbish. Hoping to go somewhere different this time.

Yeah I've done yoga before and really it does depend on the instructor. Found it boring at first but did it years later with a different instructor and loved it. But as regards pilates it concentrates more on your core and on breathing which would be very beneficial for pregnancy and labour. Whereas yoga as well as breathing is about all over flexibility. I don't know which would be better have a look at your local classes and see. I looked at you tube videos also before deciding.

Wow I must have a look at this CD, having such bad nausea sounds great! Where will I find it on facebook?

Tracy Donegan gentle birth is the group name. She is a mid wife. Definitely worth a look.
    How many weeks are you? Nausea pretty much gone for me but having a good bit of heartburn. I don't envy you. Does anything give you relief?

fall wrote: »
    Tracy Donegan gentle birth is the group name. She is a mid wife. Definitely worth a look.
    How many weeks are you? Nausea pretty much gone for me but having a good bit of heartburn. I don't envy you. Does anything give you relief?

Looks great, Im on her website now - so it seems to be hypnobirthing? thanks for that :-)
    I'm 15+3 now, nothing seems to ease it no. There's food that's easier to eat than others but when im sick im sick! :-) The worst thing about it is other people (including doctors) putting a timeline on when it should finish, then it doesn't. My new plan is to not keep wishing for the end of it as it may not come, instead when i feel rotten I'm going to have a chat with my little bean and remind myself how healthy he/she must be when I'm this sick! It doesn't ease the sickness but at least it puts a smile on my sick face!

• Advertisement

Hypno birthing is part of the CDs but the Facebook thread is a great source of info too. Has your GP suggested any medication? When
    I was really bad I was given a prescription but it started to ease just after that so I didn't get the medication in the end. I really feel for you. At least your little bean is keeping your spirits up! Wait until the movement starts. I am almost 19 weeks and getting lots of movement. It makes my heart melt.

Advertisement