Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

I will definitely be doing the combo thing but love when they can explore the finger foods. She had spaghetti and meatballs today and loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Broccoli stems here this evening, hilarious!

Btw my lad is one week of six months and doesn't babble only oooohs and aaaahs. He doesn't fully roll over either, he can go from back to semi front but isn't good at back to front at all.

He makes eye contact, laughs, follows rhymes (eg round and round the garden), hand eye coordination is good so should I be worried about the above? My webmd app says he should be doing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

well mine is older than yours mirrorwall and she won't fully roll over either . she did once and scared the crap out of herself ,bawled and hasn't done it since. I'm not one bit worried she'll do it in her own time .She will say dada constant but only lately before thus it was sporadic . I wouldn't worry he'll get there when he's good and ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

They never do all the things at once, I wouldn't worry :)

I think my first post-baby period is on the way, I'm cramping and bloating to beat the band :( I'm on the mini-pill but stopped BF this week so I'm sure it's connected.

hmmm now you've made me think I was wondering why I'm bloated and cramping . could be he same here . although I'm still feeding but she has cut one feed out. hope its not I don't miss them at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

We had her roll over a few times very early on and she hasn't done it since
    She also went through a faze last week of dada and I don't think shes said it in days .

I got really worked up when she wasnt reaching in the early days too,and my phn was worried too , until a few days later she started so now I'm gonna be more laid back. Yes there's milestones, but there's definitely allowances to be made when it comes to babies.

She hates broccoli no matter what I do to it.

I'm so so nauseous the past few days, so I'm on the cans of diet coke and crackers to help. I need to get my ass in gear and get to doctors to confirm everything .With the kids been off school I don't have a chance to do these sneakt jobs,think I'll drop him to mams and get our 6month needles done too

On a rant. OH team won a match today that they were set to loose.Que celebratory drinks and now Has woke me for the usual drunk shíte talk .Think I might punish him by not hearing her in d morning.

my oh has earned the hard way that waking me is detrimental to his health. altho I had a nightmare sleep last nite the boss kept waking then my other baby still wasn't home at all hours so i was awake waiting to hear him come In . so my oh took herself this morning I didn't even gear them get up . I had a nice couple of hours uninterrupted sleep!

Definitely think the milestone things are approximations. We have no words yet but lots of shouting. Crawling backwards, also she gets up on her hands and knees in the crawl position and then goes up on her feet like she is doing yoga! Did my last breastfeed yesterday and period arrived today. Felt like the end of a chapter knowing I won't ever do it again. Sad in one way but instantly cleared out the feeding bras. Won't miss those ;-) wish the night time sleep would settle. Haven't had a night in about twelve weeks. She woke at 11, one and four last night. Teething like crazy. Big rosy cheeks

I know what you mean about he feeding bra's fall :P id wean myself only there's no convincing her to take a bottle .

Thanks guys, reassured! He is gas, all he wants to do is stand and play with his toes. Try and practise sitting with him? He'll yank on your hands until he is standing! Try and practise rolling? He won't let go of his toes. He even tries to grab them during tummy time ??!

Oh and good luck with the periods girls. I've been prescribed ponston the day 1/2 cramps are horrific. I've always had pain but this is a whole new level. Hoping it goes away eventually

• Advertisement

You might have an early walker. That's when the fun starts. Little baba made it out the door of the sitting room crawling around today. Monkey!

My one drags herself on the ground. Doeesnt put her knees up or last very long.

No periods for me mwahahahaha

Oh was dying this morning. But got up with madam and went to the shop for breakfasts rolls .So had my breakkfast in bed .The punishment worked haha.

Going down the country for a few days in two week and oh and my son want to leave her with my mam. the thoughts of it is killing me,what would ye do?

Ps I'm gonna gloat after a rough patch we have had two nights in a row of 8 to 8 hurrah!!

Jealous! Ha ha, revenge lol.

I've been away from him two nights (he stayed with OH in his parents when I've reached the end of my tether with tiredness to give me an unbroken nights sleep. We've also had him in his grandparents for one night while we were at a wedding at 3 months. That was tough but it was the first time, it's easier now. They are going to mind him for my birthday next month

I couldn't leave herself for any length of time I'm a disaster . two hours is most I've left her since she was born . although my mother says it's my independent streak that I was the same with my other fella!
    I'm heading off next week for few days then a spa day when I come back so her dad will be on duty!

If it's a family holiday I don't think I could leave her. She is already part of the family and I would just miss her too much. I have only managed a few hours away too. Next week I will have my first night away but leaving late in the evening and back early so she will be asleep for most of it. She will be with with her dad and he is great with her. Have a wedding at the end of August. That should be fun.

lol now I don't feel as much of a freak!!I've a hen weekend end of august too so that'll b my first night away if I manage to convince myself to stay away!

I hate being away from my eight year old too. They really just become such a part of you. One night is usually all I can manage, such a sad do ;-) a night away does everyone good. The cuddles after it are the best!

where as I could happily throttle my 19 year old lol!they are a whole different breed at that age!

You are just a bank machine and hotel to them at that age lol.

• Advertisement

that's so true!plus he's taken to stay in out till all hours so I'm lying awake waiting for him to come home!

I dread those nights. Totally understand what my own parents felt now. You just imagine the worst and yet all they are doing is growing up. You just hope you have done enough to mean they will make good choices.

he's recently started driving so the worry has cranked up a notch . although I trust he loves his freedom too much to risk anything happening.

Hows everyone doing? We got a ma! And um. Well really just the m consonant but Im taking it as a victory for me!!!

lol take it while you can!!Still only dada here. We're Knockin great Craic out of her now . She's a right little character :D

Urgh we are in the midst of teething again. Her top gums are so swollen the poor pet, but I'm just knackered .Gave her a bit of calpol to help last night and calgel then when she woke at 1, 4 and then bopy at 6 she's back asleep.
    Her best night all week .
    We have a range of ma,ba, and some goblity gook but the most common is da da. I love the effort she puts in. And the jaw going nuts .
    She absolutely loves loves loves Mickey mouse so if the teething gets out of handwe have a dance to the hot dog song and it puts her in better form .
    My son is at camp this week please God we get a nap in somewhere before he gets home.

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Urgh we are in the midst of teething again. Her top gums are so swollen the poor pet, but I'm just knackered .Gave her a bit of calpol to help last night and calgel then when she woke at 1, 4 and then bopy at 6 she's back asleep.
    Her best night all week .
    We have a range of ma,ba, and some goblity gook but the most common is da da. I love the effort she puts in. And the jaw going nuts .
    She absolutely loves loves loves Mickey mouse so if the teething gets out of handwe have a dance to the hot dog song and it puts her in better form .
    My son is at camp this week please God we get a nap in somewhere before he gets home.

Maybe try a bit of neurofen? We had an awful time with them last week but still no teeth and he's calmed down again.

They've such personalities now don't they? We're transitioning to his own room at the mo. Went cold turkey on Saturday when we arrived back from holidays. So far it's working ok apart from popping the soother in a few times a night (usually closer to the morning time). He's working so hard on getting it back in his mouth at the moment tho so I'm hoping he nails it soon and we can just surround him with them at night Rofl!

my lo has taken to chowing down on my fingers now obviously fed up chomping her own . No teeth tho!!gonna move her into her own room next week after the hols need to rearrange her bedroom first.

bobskii wrote: »
    my lo has taken to chowing down on my fingers now obviously fed up chomping her own . No teeth tho!!gonna move her into her own room next week after the hols need to rearrange her bedroom first.

Ha! Ours is the same, fingers must be tasty. Hopefully it works well for you bobskii, so far so good here. And watching him on the monitor last night no wonder I've been getting less and less sleep. He literally was circling the cot in his sleep, spinning around and rolling!

• Advertisement

Oh by the way girls go onto PAYE anytime, add up the maternity benefit income (particularly if it crosses the 1st January). It should be 5980 total (26 weeks of 230). Mine was 6.5k and when I was talking to social welfare they said they've had calls where revenue had them down as getting 11k+! If it doesn't add up you have to check with the maternity benefit section what the total paid was then get back onto revenue and insist it is amended to the correct amount

Advertisement