Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I just had a read of thumpette's latest blog . it made me cry(big tears as my niece would say) feck anyway I'm in the in laws and now have ta go back down with a big snotty head!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

They made a balls of my maternity benefit hadn't taxed me enough then took 1100 out in my last wage without notifying me there was a problem. Gob****es. Two teeth here but definitely think the top two are on the way. Same thing about great craic. She roars laughing and loves peek a boo. No words just shouts. She can get out of the room now if you leave the door open. Thinks it's gas to peep around the door at you. Four weeks til back to work. Dreading it. Have you a link Bobskii to it. Hope she is doing ok.

search l4stars and you'll get her fall.

I'm dreading back to work . I have no understanding of tax and I'm expecting no wage cone the end of September!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Yeah had a read and a tear too bobskii .My heart breaks for her .

We had another horrific night .I hate to see her in pain. My mam took her for a few hours absolute godsend, got a few bits done for school with my son.

Called into work today 2 weeks until I'm back 😭 the thoughts are killing me, on a brighter note. Got a house sorted finally, things are starting to look up

• Advertisement

at least you have your next maternity leave to look forward to lashes :P how long will you be back before your off again?its gonna be tough going for you with a wee one at home (I know you didn't need to hear that I'm just a bit#h :P )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Rofl Bobskii! I must be the odd one out, I'll really miss the baba but I'm also looking forward to work a little (just a little!).

Jesus Fall I'd be bloody livid if that happened! I've got 500e odd coming to me from incorrect tax credits for the last four years. However they didn't do the fix on 2014, just reissued the cert so I'm gonna have to buzz them on that one. Apparently there is a limit on the number of transactions you can do on PAYE Anytime in any one year? Bizzare. I'm blowing it on new special insoles for my feet (my old ones don't seem to work after maternity) and an ultrasound on a lump on my finger. So much fun. We're saving like crazy for a house deposit so I've been putting those things off

1,2,3,4,5,6 all the hours during the night I seen them my poor pet is really struggling with the gnashers. and her poor sheets are covered in drool stains every morning.

Oh ill be back for a whole 4 and half months before I'm gone again, they will be just delighted!!

How was the tax wrong mirror?,on your actual benefit of the wages topped up,5 weeks with no pay here I'll be out begging with a milk caarton soon lol .

oh the poor pet that sounds harsh!We've started to crank with teeth here but nothing some teetha won't cure . What's the name of the stuff u get In the North?I'll be passing through later on ,on my way home might pick some up.

Callgel!! You can get it in any of the chemists

• Advertisement

thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Jesus that's tough for thumpette. Big hugs if you are reading.
    Mirror they are dopes. I may still owe them more at the end of the year. We have a waking baby here too. Bit constipated from the solids. Any tea suggestions?

try blueberries for the constipation they work wonders here . Do you have your main meal at tea time? We have our dinner in the evenings when we're both usually in from work so I've kept to that whilst I've been off . so she's getting dinner at 5.30/6

Pear for constipation here! Mines on bottles at 8,12,4,730 and solids at 830,2 and 6. All those are 'ish' lol. Only afternoon is purée. He's come on so much with the finger food, adores mandarins-chews once then just sucks all the juice out of each piece. He ends up happy but covered in juice rofl.

Revenue had me down as receiving a total maternity benefit of over 6.5k but you only receive e5,980. They were charging for the 41% tax on the extra. Finally got it changed back. The tax back from the other years is because for some reason the amount of credit for my flat rate expenses was down as 90e instead of the 518e it should have been. All sorted (I think) and got a the refund into my account today.

I may have blown some on stair gates, a mat for his bedroom, 5 books and two tubs of stain remover in Aldi. Oh and socks. I never have enough socks. And they were marvel. And you know... Cute? OH thinks I'm loopy. But we've been so so so good for months now it was so nice to just be able to buy stuff!!

hmm I just realised something reading your post mirrorwall. my book monster doesn't feed much during the day anymore . She feeds round 7/7.30 am then breakfast round 9/9.30 .mat or may not have boob round 11.30/12 (depends if I'm home) then she will have lunch at 2 and her dinner at 6th boon till 8.30 so no wonder she's still waking through the nite!

bobskii wrote: »
    hmm I just realised something reading your post mirrorwall. my book monster doesn't feed much during the day anymore . She feeds round 7/7.30 am then breakfast round 9/9.30 .mat or may not have boob round 11.30/12 (depends if I'm home) then she will have lunch at 2 and her dinner at 6th boon till 8.30 so no wonder she's still waking through the nite!

I seem to be constantly feeding my lad. It's exhausting lol! He might have a day or two when he drops oz but most of the time he's draining 8-9oz on those 4 feeds so definitely not really to drop more yet

well its only the past two weeks she's dropped her 3 'of clock feed cos my oh was on hols so he was putting her down . last couple of days he's been putting her down for her short morning nap . I'm trying to get her so she's not taking feeds much during the day coax when I go back to work I won't b available . I give herself food whenever we are eating . she's willing to try anything .

bobskii wrote: »
    well its only the past two weeks she's dropped her 3 'of clock feed cos my oh was on hols so he was putting her down . last couple of days he's been putting her down for her short morning nap . I'm trying to get her so she's not taking feeds much during the day coax when I go back to work I won't b available . I give herself food whenever we are eating . she's willing to try anything .

It's so hard to know isn't it? She doesn't take a bottle at all right? I'm sure she'd be yelling her displeasure if she was very hungry lol

that is very true!she'll always let ya know what she wants :P

Duphalac for constipation here cause she was struggling so much,madam eats brekkie dinner and tea usually when we are eating and bottles slot in around that, we had a whole hour of crying last night from ten until eleven .Don't know why I feel so clueless sometime

• Advertisement

sometimes nothing we do settles them lashes it's tough . We have been referred to temple street with her hip . They are still unsure :(

Oh I'm gonna say it to docs when we are getting needles on Tuesday .My little one her left hip clicks when she holds her piggies and stretches out her leg,like a cheerleader pose, not every time but most times,wonder if it's just creaky or something to be worried about, feel really bad as it was my mum and not me that even noticed it,sleep deprivation does the worst things to your brain .

She went amazing tonight Still up three times last night tho .

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Totally off topic is anyone else finding things with the oh v difficult. Must be the Stress of babies I guess but it's like war of the roses here sometimes. Great movie lol

yes millie mines lucky he survives most days!!its just he stress of babies and the fact that men are men and nobody else exists in the world only them..mine gas man flu at the min so not sur he's gonna pull through :D
    lashes get it checked to be on the safe side .might be nothing . I'm sur they'd have noticed before now they seem to be extra vigilant.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

May I ask how much nap time your babas get? My little man has big nap in the morning and another nap in the afternoon - he goes down exhausted at 7.30/8 but he could be up a few times during the night. I feel he needs the daytime naps but I'm wondering if it is affecting his nighttime sleeping - when he wakes at night he's wide awake! Ready to party! But he does settle after a short while. I long for a few hours of uninterrupted sleep!!!

me too!my lo has a short nap round 11.30/12 then bigger nap after 2nd he goes down between 8 and 9.she wakes twice during the night usually but it's for quick feed and back to sleep .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    May I ask how much nap time your babas get? My little man has big nap in the morning and another nap in the afternoon - he goes down exhausted at 7.30/8 but he could be up a few times during the night. I feel he needs the daytime naps but I'm wondering if it is affecting his nighttime sleeping - when he wakes at night he's wide awake! Ready to party! But he does settle after a short while. I long for a few hours of uninterrupted sleep!!!

Sleep begets sleep! My 6 month old still wakes a couple of times a night but on the days she has good naps she sleeps better. She usually has just over 4 hours a day. 2 x 45 min naps in the morning, 2 hours in the afternoon and 45mins in the evening. She's goes down 8.30pm until 7/8am sometimes only waking once but occasionally more with teeth etc

Mine naps a lot too. Usually 2hrs in the morning and 2/3 40 mins in the afternoon. He sleeps the night from 8 with the exception of the last few days where he's been waking at 5 for a chat to himself hen eventually falling asleep til around 8

We had a trip to the zoo today by public transport. I need to lie down for about a month.

• Advertisement

OMG you are a better mum than me.... Rofl

Advertisement