Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England WC Squad

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Pro. F wrote: »
    You really fancy Costa Rica to do better than England in the group? I don't know much about Costa Rica at all myself. Have you been watching them?

Yeah good chance I think but it could come down to goal difference who will finish bottom. I think England will be already out by the time they face Costa Rica and confidence will be low. I think they will struggle with the heat too. Worth a bet at 10/1 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Yeah good chance I think but it could come down to goal difference who will finish bottom. I think England will be already out by the time they face Costa Rica and confidence will be low. I think they will struggle with the heat too. Worth a bet at 10/1 I think.

Can't agree there. I think England will definitely get out of the group. It's a better team IMO than they have had in the past, particularly midfield and up front. Defence though is the area that might prove their undoing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Can't agree there. I think England will definitely get out of the group. It's a better team IMO than they have had in the past, particularly midfield and up front. Defence though is the area that might prove their undoing.

Sure Rooney has never scored in a World Cup and Sturridge looks much better in a Liverpool jersey so I think they will find goals hard to come by. I could be wrong but I just think they will be found out, they were poor last time I watched them v Denmark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

If it was up to me I'd start Sterling, Sturridge and Welbeck. Hodgson had them set up against Denmark to play like Liverpool but it just wasn't working, it was labourious and turgid. Then Welbeck and Lallana came on for Rooney and Welbeck and the team began to play infinitely better. It was the first time watching Welbeck that I thought "this chap has great potential". He had a much better understanding with Sturridge and Sterling than Rooney, and playing alongside them will only help to ease the pressure he seems to feel when in front of goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I'd drop Rooney play sturridge through the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

If it was up to me I'd start Sterling, Sturridge and Welbeck. Hodgson had them set up against Denmark to play like Liverpool but it just wasn't working, it was labourious and turgid. Then Welbeck and Lallana came on for Rooney and Welbeck and the team began to play infinitely better. It was the first time watching Welbeck that I thought "this chap has great potential". He had a much better understanding with Sturridge and Sterling than Rooney, and playing alongside them will only help to ease the pressure he seems to feel when in front of goal.

The first time the word 'turgid' has been used in the soccer forum i'd say...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

hsbc wrote: »
    The first time the word 'turgid' has been used in the soccer forum i'd say...

Clearly you don't read the United thread then...

Advertisement