Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blogger/Wordpress basics

• 12-05-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hello
    Would anyone know of a short (one-day) course in Blogger or Wordpress for a beginner? I'm struggling with the online tutorials - tied up in links!
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rankingelite

Youtube is full of easy to follow tutorials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What do you want to achieve with a blog?

Seriously, Blogger is so easy that you don't need a course to get started. But know all you could ever know will take far more than a day.

IMHO it's best to start slowly, and learn just enough to do what you want to do right now. Don't try and read all the tutorials first and then decide what you want to do - you'll just find yourself thinking "Ahh, I read about that" and not able to find it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

I need to create a blog using Wordpress. I have the option of having it as a part of my website or having it externally to the website. I'm also looking for a step by step guide and any advice. I have 3 days to do mine!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭Hoof_Hearted

What do you want to achieve with a blog?

Seriously, Blogger is so easy that you don't need a course to get started. But know all you could ever know will take far more than a day.

IMHO it's best to start slowly, and learn just enough to do what you want to do right now. Don't try and read all the tutorials first and then decide what you want to do - you'll just find yourself thinking "Ahh, I read about that" and not able to find it again.

Thanks! That's what I was trying to do, a big read through and then make a start. I appreciate your suggestion and I'll give it another go.
    Nappy - best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Thanks! That's what I was trying to do, a big read through and then make a start. I appreciate your suggestion and I'll give it another go.
    Nappy - best of luck!

Come back with specific questions if you get stuck.

But for the first few posts, just focus on learning how to use the post-editor and writing content don't worry about the rest.

After that, you might think about some of the structural issues - this is my favourite list of the basic issues for people who use Blogger: http://blogger-hints-and-tips.blogspot.com/2010/05/getting-started-with-blogger.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement