Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do we get to keep Outlook Student mail after graduation?

• 12-05-2014 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

I have looked everywhere and cannot find an answer to this quick question. I have a few important emails that I need in my student mail, do we get to keep it post graduation of our degree? (If we don't do a post graduate masters or something) Does it expire eventually?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I don't know exactly but I would say it will expire eventually. With the whole hula-baloo with the password last year, you needed to be a member of UL to change them before the password expired.

Of course, I could be completely mistaken though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Set up a rule that forwards a copy of everything to Gmail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

nelly17 wrote: »
    Set up a rule that forwards a copy of everything to Gmail

This won't work if the account is deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Safest bet is to start transferring important stuff away from your student account soon. In any case you should always have a personal email address aside from work/school/college.

An interviewer once pointed out to me the value of having a 'normal' email address too for putting on CVs, etc. The address I used on that application used my online handle and looked very geeky, which could be offputting to some recruiters. Having a yourname@gmail or something similar gets around this, even if all it does is forward to something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Chimaera wrote: »
    Safest bet is to start transferring important stuff away from your student account soon. In any case you should always have a personal email address aside from work/school/college.

An interviewer once pointed out to me the value of having a 'normal' email address too for putting on CVs, etc. The address I used on that application used my online handle and looked very geeky, which could be offputting to some recruiters. Having a yourname@gmail or something similar gets around this, even if all it does is forward to something else.

Oh I do, I even have my own domain. There is just important mails in there that I'd rather not have to forward manually, it would be handy if student mail just lived on forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Oh I do, I even have my own domain. There is just important mails in there that I'd rather not have to forward manually, it would be handy if student mail just lived on forever.

You do realise how expensive disk space is?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

On basis of priority, you can put your email items on mail but also consider the space limit.

Sill no definitive answer then. I suppose graduates wouldn't hang out in this forum really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I still have access to mine 2 years after i graduated. dont know how long it will last though

NTMK wrote: »
    I still have access to mine 2 years after i graduated. dont know how long it will last though

People from Building and Upgrading are the most helpful on boards, best forum out there :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement