Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airport bus ticket

Options
  • 12-05-2014 1:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7

What's the best way to commute from Dublin city centre to Dublin Airport?

I wouldn't like to book because I don't know if I'll be a the stop 1 hour before or 2 hours before.

Can I buy the tickets on the bus stop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you get the 747 to the airport you can buy the tickets on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

You can also pay the driver on the Aircoach

21/25

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If it's a daily commute, you might consider the slower, but cheaper buses that serve the airport too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

spurious wrote: »
    If it's a daily commute, you might consider the slower, but cheaper buses that serve the airport too.

Which are...

I think the 16 and one of the 41's?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Definitely 16.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Birneybau wrote: »
    Definitely 16.

41 too

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

If you are DAA / Airport staff you can get a much reduced rate on AIrcoach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I get the 16 to/from Rathfarnham via the city centre. I make sure I've got credit on a Leap Card or at least one trip left on a ten-journey ticket when coming in to Dublin. Much cheaper than the Aircoach (and gets me closer to my final destination).

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

Going at an unsociable hour I've often gotten a taxi at the same rate as the aircoach - if they are going out to the airport anyway they try the aircoach stops in the city to see if they can get any trade on the way out there. You might have to share with 2 or 3 other people but its fast. This is only if they pull over and offer though - if you hail a taxi I imagine you would have to pay the full fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,734 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

You can also get a Dublin Bus 5 day/30 day rambler ticket loaded onto your LEAP card and that will include travel on the Airlink 747 as well as the normal buses.

Price is €27.50 for the 5 day ticket and €137.50 for the 30 day ticket - note that the days are non-consecutive, in other words they don't have to be one day after the other.

Options are:

16 from O'Connell Street (or other stops en route)
    41 from Lower Abbey Street (although this may change shortly)
    747 from O'Connell Street (or other stops en route)
    Aircoach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,734 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Dia1988 wrote: »
    41C too

41C does not serve the Airport.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 drwho

What about buses at 3am on an night from Thursday to Friday? What's cheaper or recommended?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

drwho wrote: »
    What about buses at 3am on an night from Thursday to Friday? What's cheaper or recommended?

Aircoach your only option at that hour

Advertisement