Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Person in Apartment & Bills to HIGH ...

Options
  • 12-05-2014 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

(Single person in an apartment and my ESB Bills range from 170/200)

I paid far less when I owned a house with electric in constant daily use ....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi TheWhiteLimo,

Are your bills estimated or based on readings?

Is your meter a standard 24-hour one or a day/night one (different rate for day and for night)?

Do you have storage heaters?

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 TheWhiteLimo

Hi Una

My last bill was estimated & corrected with my own reading.

Its day/night meter ... Yes I have storage heaters which have being knocked off at fuse box & no longer use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi TheWhiteLimo,

Thank you for confirming that. Your recent bill may have been higher than normal if there was previously an underestimation. Are you using the majority of your electricity at night? As you have a Nightsaver meter, it would be more economical for your usage to occur between the hours of 12am and 9am, as this is when your cheaper unit rate occurs.

If you'd like us to look into your account for you, do PM with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number? Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

We also have a free Appliance Calculator which you may find useful if you wish to understand your usage better.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 TheWhiteLimo

Sent PM :)

Advertisement