Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Current Market Value' with limited turnover and mis-matched supply/demand

Options
  • 12-05-2014 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

q

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's what the PRTB says in their latest quarterly review on declared rental prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

If a landlord provides written notice of a rental increase based on the fact that "current market value" is supposedly higher than the current rental price what would you recommend as the best course of action?

I've drafted a letter with an excerpt from the PRTB site showing the current market value which shows that it's actually below what we're paying (although data is not available for our exact circumstances, I've added an extra room to compensate), is this the right course of action?

Am I obliged to pay the rental increase while disputing it or can I pay the current rate until the dispute is resolved i.e. until I get a response from the letter? I haven't contacted the PRTB or anything yet but it could well go that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

If you lodge a dispute with the PRTB, you continue to pay the rent as it stands, but the increase, if approved will be from the date specified by the landlord in the notice.

The market rent is the rent which the property would attract if it were on the market today, having regard to the terms of the tenancy and the rent of comparable properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

sorry Clive, didn't quite catch that??

Advertisement