Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying/Living in Donaghmede/Clongriffin

Options
  • 12-05-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Looking at buying a property between the two. Seems nice enough with the green areas and convenient for the DART etc, but was fairly ghost town-ish with the abandoned buildings/shopping centre etc.

I hear there's some new building going on out there (more apartments/mosque), but does anyone have any idea if the half-finished stuff is likely to ever get done?

Anyone got any advice as to what it's like living there in general? Any regular anti-social behaviour problems or anything like that? Safe getting to/from the station?

Appreciate any info...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

I don't live there but know the area reasonably well. Long term I think the area will be ok, given there is a dart and decent bus services. There is a choice of shopping centres, decent green space and the plenty else not too far away. As you say, there is a bit of a ghost estate vibe still there and I would not be too surprised if there is some anti-social behaviour. However given the cost of property in the area, it is not going to tick every box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

lived in both and they're grand as regards safety and amenities.I know what you mean about Clongriffin being a bit 'ghost estate'-y tho. Hopefully will get bit more built up over the next few years. Donaghmede is well established,so kinda depends where the property is

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dublin13

I live in clongriffin over 8 years now and love the place, its far from a ghost estate, every property is lived in, and if you visit it on a saturday you can see that for yourself. The park is always busy, the estate is always a bussle with young kids playing and parents walking their babies in their prams. It has a centra, off licence, chipper (amazing), italian restaurant (amazing), and car repair shop, and its also got a hub where people get together for different things. There is a big community spirit in the estate - when it first opened 9 years ago there was the usual anti social behavour and vandalism etc, but that was a long time ago and only cos it was something new for the kids - those kids have grown up and moved on now and its a very young, energetic estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dublin13

I live in clongriffin over 8 years now and love the place, its far from a ghost estate, every property is lived in, and if you visit it on a saturday you can see that for yourself. The park is always busy, the estate is always a bussle with young kids playing and parents walking their babies in their prams. It has a centra, off licence, chipper (amazing), italian restaurant (amazing), and car repair shop, and its also got a hub where people get together for different things. There is a big community spirit in the estate - when it first opened 9 years ago there was the usual anti social behavour and vandalism etc, but that was a long time ago and only cos it was something new for the kids - those kids have grown up and moved on now and its a very young, energetic estate. safety wise, i go for walks most evenings and would not have an issue with going by myself, the streets are well lit and there are always others out and about. Also, there has not been any major crime in the estate in a few years.

Advertisement