Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend headphones for office- about €100

• 12-05-2014 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've seen this thread but decided to create my own to make it specific.

I'm looking to buy a new set of headphones:
    • Budget- around €100, could go higher if quality is much better
    • used 99% in office environment (not very noise but not silent)
    • mainly listen to Ipod (80% of time) or music through laptop
    • I don't care how big or ugly they are
    • I mainly listen to indie music, some electronic. I don't want the bass too heavy

I've never used noise cancellation headphones, heard 1 or 2 reviews say they don't like them.
    Logitech UE 6000 Headphones and audio technica ath-m50 get mentioned in the above thread and elsewhere.

So what would the recommendations be please?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭keith_d99

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've seen this thread but decided to create my own to make it specific.

I'm looking to buy a new set of headphones:
    • Budget- around €100, could go higher if quality is much better
    • used 99% in office environment (not very noise but not silent)
    • mainly listen to Ipod (80% of time) or music through laptop
    • I don't care how big or ugly they are
    • I mainly listen to indie music, some electronic. I don't want the bass too heavy

I've never used noise cancellation headphones, heard 1 or 2 reviews say they don't like them.
    Logitech UE 6000 Headphones and audio technica ath-m50 get mentioned in the above thread and elsewhere.

So what would the recommendations be please?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

I use the Sennheiser HD 380 pro closed headphones for the office.

I use these in a fairly quiet office at a decent volume and there is no leakage (have had no complaints from co-workers anyhow). As they are closed you don't hear a whole lot from the outside world either - which is not always a bad thing!

Sound is excellent and they are very comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

I've suggested these before

AKG K81DJ
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/AKG-K81-Closed-Back-Headphones/dp/B000BDD56W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400856532&sr=8-1&keywords=akg+k81dj

pulled this from a review thread

Isolation (9/10): The wide range of motion of the cups, combined with the thickness of the pads, makes these one of the best-isolating portables I’ve ever tried. Leakage is nonexistent and the isolation they provide is actually on par with some of the lesser-isolating IEMs, which is saying a lot.

Sound (7/10): The sound signature of the K81dj is definitely on the warm/dark side of things. The treble is rolled off slightly but it sounds very natural, especially with stringed instruments. The mids are rich and full, a tiny bit recessed compared to the bass, just like the treble, but still very natural-sounding. The low end is very powerful and lacking in control somewhat. There’s a certain softness to the bass impact that gives these a ‘weighty’ low end. Not ideal for tracks with dense, fast, rapidly changing basslines but very enjoyable in tracks with discrete beats. The bass can be eq’d down to balance out the sound but even as is the big bass can be lots of fun. The foam pads over the grilles can be removed to balance out the amount of treble, mids, and bass slightly, adding to the former two and subtracting from the latter. I still wouldn’t pick these for any critical

Also a decent shout and most likely better than the AKGs the M50s although they are near triple the AKGs
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Monitor-Professional-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400856671&sr=8-1&keywords=audio+technica+ath-m50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Akg k451

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Any opinions on these please? Grado sr80i, recommended by Richersounds

http://m.richersounds.com/#!/product/grad-sr80

They are essentially mini speakers, in a quiet office environment they will be really audible. Very good cans though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

marko93 wrote: »
    They are essentially mini speakers, in a quiet office environment they will be really audible. Very good cans though

Cheers. Richersounds first recommended
    SENNHEISER HD439 as they're closed back headphones.
    I said my current ones are/were Koss porta pro and nobody ever mentioned noise leakage.

Hard to pick a pair when you can't try them first. I suppose 'they're all good' to some degree and I should just pick one...

dinneenp wrote: »
    Cheers. Richersounds first recommended
    SENNHEISER HD439 as they're closed back headphones.
    I said my current ones are/were Koss porta pro and nobody ever mentioned noise leakage.

Hard to pick a pair when you can't try them first. I suppose 'they're all good' to some degree and I should just pick one...

Stretch your budget for these and you'll be sailing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Can anybody recommend a good wireless headphone set?Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

I've been looking recently for a pair of closed ends, and was looking at two of the options mentioned above, the Senn 380s and the ATH M50s. I've decided on the MK50x.

OP, just to mention one of the posters has recommended the M50s...the M50s have a fixed cable, so you can't remove it. I appreciate that you're looking for a pair for work, but these aren't that portable. Amazon is the cheapest place I've managed to find them.

• Advertisement

conjon wrote: »
    I've been looking recently for a pair of closed ends, and was looking at two of the options mentioned above, the Senn 380s and the ATH M50s. I've decided on the MK50x.

OP, just to mention one of the posters has recommended the M50s...the M50s have a fixed cable, so you can't remove it. I appreciate that you're looking for a pair for work, but these aren't that portable. Amazon is the cheapest place I've managed to find them.

Having used the M50s outside the house, I found them to be easily portable, they fold up and it's easy to wrap the cable up. An alternate is to just braid the cable to take away its length. M50x as said would be ideal, but it's above the budget :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20 CL1970

I was looking for something like that, so thank you for posting it! cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

seligehgit wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend a good wireless headphone set?Thanks

Are you looking for a pair for home, work or moving around?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Remouad wrote: »
    Are you looking for a pair for home, work or moving around?

Ah got sorted,got the wireless BeatsDrDre....Thanks anyhow.

Advertisement