Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

R1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Went for a look and test drive........disappointing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

blade1 wrote: »
    Went for a look and test drive........disappointing!
    the r1 or just that particular example? What was wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Looks the part, what were you disappointed about

cojomo2 wrote: »
    the r1 or just that particular example? What was wrong?
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Looks the part, what were you disappointed about

Marks all over it, cracked mudguard, paint coming off near the seat, plastics loose.
    Felt rough driving it, the blade I had last year was like silk compared to it.
    Also the key wouldn't turn naturally, I had to put a bit of pressure down and back for it to turn.
    He told me it's a yamaha thing, fukin news to me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Have that issue on my fazer, plenty of guys on the fazer owners forum would seem to be of the same opinion. But from what you mentioned this seems to be the least of the problems with that R1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Blue ?

Feels "well-run-in" ?

Is there say around about 4000km on it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

shame!

dunno if you'd consider one, but I thought this looked very promising (05 gsxr):

http://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/suzuki-gsxr-1000/6934625

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Marks all over it, cracked mudguard, paint coming off near the seat, plastics loose.
    Felt rough driving it, the blade I had last year was like silk compared to it.
    Also the key wouldn't turn naturally, I had to put a bit of pressure down and back for it to turn.
    FFS, this kind of thing really boils my piss, describing a bike as mint when its clearly not. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Wossack wrote: »
    shame!

dunno if you'd consider one, but I thought this looked very promising (05 gsxr):

thats very cheap for a K5 if its as clean as it appears, they usually go for at least a grand more.

Wossack wrote: »
    shame!

Don't think I'd travel to Sligo to view it.
    Sick of dickheads telling me how perfect their pride and joy is over the phone only to find a slapped together piece of shoite when I go to view.
    Went from cork to Dublin last week and Wexford the other night.:mad:

No panic anyway,just looking for something different.
    Today I'm getting an urge for a BMW r1200gs..:pac:

• Advertisement

Well if you have an urge for a 1200 GS I would look at the Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 better bike and less money.

Well if you have an urge for a 1200 GS I would look at the Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 better bike and less money.

Will do,thanks for that..;)

No probs, looking for one myself and they are like chickens teeth TBH......

No probs, looking for one myself and they are like chickens teeth TBH......

Yeah, had a look there.
    What year did they come out?

Eh...I taught it was 2010-2011. Could be wrong....

Eh...I taught it was 2010-2011. Could be wrong....

Big enough money so???
    I'm looking for something around the 4 grand mark.
    Fairly open minded, something different to my ZZR.

Well I had a spin on a Triumph Tiger 1050 and it was a savage machine....they are out a good while. Same engine as the speed triple and sprint, but torqued for low down grunt....savage bike. I was on it for about 45 mins in McCallens and it felt like I owned it for years!

I don't know anything about Triumph's.
    Anything to look out for?

Eh, not so much. I know a while ago they were not great (10 yrs+) now they have arguably 3 of the best bikes in their class. The Triumph Daytona 675R, the Speed Triple R and the 1200 Explorer all excel.

I am currently riding a Triumph Sprint 1050 ST and I love it, does everything you need. Plenty fast on the twistys, touring is a breeze (off to Germany in August) Triple is a wonderful engine to ride and the "gurgle" is infectious. Never had a problem with mine in the 12 mths I have it...

1zbqu5d.jpg

Lookin good!
    Ok, I'll keep an eye out so and as I said I'm in no panic.
    If something pops up so be it!
    A guy rang me up out of the blue earlier and said a guy told him I might be selling the ZZR.
    Don't think I would part with it for a good while yet though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

my r6 does this too, I thought it was just me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

my r6 does this too, I thought it was just me ;)

Same as my fazer....

I suppose it's a good anti-theft yoke if some cnut gets his hands on your keys and they just won't work for him :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Same as my fazer....

I suppose it's a good anti-theft yoke if some cnut gets his hands on your keys and they just won't work for him :pac:

I find this happens when water gets in the ignition. I aways cover my ignition with a bit of cling film when the weather is bad and the bike is standing (tucked up in shed at night time).

The more water that gets in the ignition, the harder to turn key :mad:.

Small bit WD40 on key everynow and again, or down the barrell will help. I mean small bit not half the can.....

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

half the can.....
    Half the can you say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Eh, not so much. I know a while ago they were not great (10 yrs+) now they have arguably 3 of the best bikes in their class. The Triumph Daytona 675R, the Speed Triple R and the 1200 Explorer all excel.

I am currently riding a Triumph Sprint 1050 ST and I love it, does everything you need. Plenty fast on the twistys, touring is a breeze (off to Germany in August) Triple is a wonderful engine to ride and the "gurgle" is infectious. Never had a problem with mine in the 12 mths I have it...

1zbqu5d.jpg

Bike is a beauty. OP have you tried contacting any dealers to see if they would have anything you like.

Half the can you say?

Half what size can though?
    500ml I'd say..:pac:

Bike is a beauty. OP have you tried contacting any dealers to see if they would have anything you like.

I really prefer not to deal with a dealer.
    When I was younger(in the 90's) I bought 4 bikes in total off 3 different dealers and 3 of the bikes were trouble.

Not saying don't use a dealer,just my experiences weren't the best.

If anyone can put up a link to a bike they'd recommend, please feel free to do so.
    Don't mind what kind of bike it is,I'll consider anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Small bit WD40 on key everynow and again, or down the barrell will help. I mean small bit not half the can.....

I've heard putting graphite down it works wonders, haven't tried it myself. Haven't particularly got an urge to file a pencil down my ignition to be honest :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

I find this happens when water gets in the ignition. I aways cover my ignition with a bit of cling film when the weather is bad and the bike is standing (tucked up in shed at night time).

The more water that gets in the ignition, the harder to turn key :mad:.

Bit of Sugru and a magnet and make a cover for it ?

http://sugru.com/buy

Advertisement