Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you wear a suit to an "informal" internal interview ?

Options
  • 12-05-2014 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Just interested to hear opinions on this.

I've applied to swap jobs with someone in a different section ( am in public service ).

So I have to meet the bosses in the other section for the job.

The office would be generally smart casual . I'd say the interviewers would be in smart casual as well.

I was thinking shirt and tie would do ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

My current employer (who I am now in a different role with).
    I was asked to a first round interview and told it would be informal, wore a suit anyway. Got the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fiyero

Always better to overdress than to underdress for an interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

Definitely wear a suit. I've gotten told from interviewers that you should always wear a suit. I was even told by someone I used to work with that people would show up to interviews half dressed and without proper shoes. They take notice of things like that. Better safe than sprry like an other poster said. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I am surprised at the calls to wear suit.

If you are being interviewed by people who see you day to day I would say wear the most formal version of those clothes.

If these are people you don't normally see wear a suit.

Advertisement