Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OL Maths

• 12-05-2014 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am absolutely terrified that I might fail maths. I do ordinary level. It literally seems like the most important thing in my life and I really cannot fail.

I got 51% in my mock which is like an A1 for me in maths. How can I improve on this? Is there any topics that I should definitely be going over right now.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

51% in a mock is pretty damn good considering it's the first time you've sat a paper in State examinations-style.

What can you do to improve? Just constant practice. Be it from your revision exercises in your book or just going through exam papers. To get 51% in a subject you seem to be quite weak in your mock is good, so the only way you can possibly fail is if you take the foot off the gas in terms of workload.

Just take a deep breath, calm down and keep doing what you're doing. You said it felt like getting an A1, so you're obviously doing something right.

Furthermore, if you have any specific questions from your exam papers you want a hand with, don't hesitate to drop me a PM. I'm a maths teacher in training myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Thanks for the reply!

I think our mock was easier than they would give in a State exam. I also guessed a lot of what i was doing :o

I really need to pass this its so important.

Is there any section in particular that I should be practicing because realistically I'm not going to get everything covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

There really isn't anything you can focus specifically on as it's hard to get a grasp on what can come up on a relatively new course.

Seriously, you'd be surprised with what you can do with your time. Exam papers and marking schemes are available on examinations.ie under "exam material archives" if you want to check your answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Thanks!

It doesn't help that my teacher is incredibly incompetent. :eek:

Advertisement