Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby & Parenting

Options
  • 12-05-2014 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

Just wondering, what's the best way to help 8 week old baby who is congested. Trying the saline drops at moment. Sometimes she can't drink her bottle, as can't get her breath. Also taking her into a steamed bathroom for a short while.

Any other remedies.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

As well as the drops, try the snot suction thing - sorry don't know its real name! Sometimes it can be useful. Also karvol or olbas oil drops on something near the baby but that they can't reach, I used to put drops on the moses basket hood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Suction bulb all the way, best invention ever (gives you an odd sense of satisfaction when all the snot comes out, but I'm weird like that ;-p). You can also try snuffle babe on the sheet/sleeping bag. Best of luck, hope your little one feels better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

The saline spray and bulb syringe or snot sucker as we call it are a part of my daughters bedtime routine. She's been snotty since she was born. Olbas oil for kids is fantastic. When she was really small I used to dab some on a cloth and leave it in the cot. Now I dot it all over the sheet before bed. Also elevate the mattress slightly so it's not totally flat.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Massage a little bit of vaseline across the bridge of her nose... don't ask me how but it works wonders.

Advertisement