Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tycho @ The Button Factory 23rd July 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Numina wrote: »
    I didn't figure I'd actually ever get to see Tycho live, but he's been causing enough of a stir in the electronic scene that things have really picked up for him.

http://tychomusic.com/awake/#awake-tour

Tickets are already available at Ticketmaster.
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Tycho-tickets/artist/1624535

Really looking forward to this gig especially now that Ulrich Schnauss is supporting. I'm hoping they perform together the Tycho remix of his song "I Take Comfort In Your Ignorance" - I'll go home very happy.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

I'll be heading, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 a little sliceof lemon

Whens the show end?
    I can't find info on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Any opinions on this yet, couldn't go because of work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

Any opinions on this yet, couldn't go because of work :(

but its not happened yet:confused: its on tonight:cool:Wednesday 23rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Beans_On wrote: »
    but its not happened yet:confused: its on tonight:cool:Wednesday 23rd

Yup you're right - but wasn't allowed take any days off this week :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Thought it was a great show. Tight as hell and very powerful. They sound more or less identical to the recordings, props to the drummer in particular for this.

Not much to say about Ulrich Schnauss, enjoyed his music, though I found his set a little bit dull. I'll probably check out more of his stuff though.

Before I forget, there was a tune played over the PA before schnauss, and before and after Tycho. It was a funky little dance track, probably deserving of the word 'ditty'. If anybody knows the one I'm talking about, I'd greatly appreciate any help figuring out what it was. I'd be quite sad if I never heard it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Before I forget, there was a tune played over the PA before schnauss, and before and after Tycho. It was a funky little dance track, probably deserving of the word 'ditty'. If anybody knows the one I'm talking about, I'd greatly appreciate any help figuring out what it was. I'd be quite sad if I never heard it again.

I only arrived half way through Ulrich Schnauss (give him a listen, some lovely albums out there), but they played Todd Terje just before Tycho came on. Didnt stick around for the end so not sure if they played it again.

Loved Tycho though, been listening for years and was well happy to finally see them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Thank you! That's the one I was after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Loved Tycho's set, a real relevation, reminded me a bit of "Death In Vegas" live around the "The Contino Sessions " era, I actually think they're more a rock band with some electronics than an "Electronica" act as they are often billed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Tycho were very good, cant get over how good they sounded live, really enjoyed it. It was so warm in the button factory tho, felt like a sauna. Towards the end of the set I didn't know what was going on it was so warm.

Advertisement