Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internal competition for Reserves

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

Great to see constructive posts this morning.

I have a lump hammer and chisel in the hiace for anyone that needs it. It worked wonders for the chip on my shoulder. :D

We are all on the same team. We all have something to bring to the team, so bring your best and work together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

How about different uniforms for full time recruits who were reserves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Peppa Cig wrote: »

Hahahaahhhhhahhhahahah

Stir her up there lad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

That would only drive a wedge..but you will soon find out how hard it is to get uniform and even more so gear that fits properly :D haha

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Is the term UNIFORM lost on some people entirely!?

Good try ;)

Why do you think senior management don’t wear white shirts anymore…….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Scouser wrote: »
    Is the term UNIFORM lost on some people entirely!?

Good try ;)

Why do you think senior management don’t wear white shirts anymore…….

Since when? That's interesting. As far as I was aware, superintendent and above wear white shirts. That was certainly the case for my super interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Rothmans wrote: »
    Since when? That's interesting. As far as I was aware, superintendent and above wear white shirts. That was certainly the case for my super interview.

They got them in Penny's bud! but yes your are correct :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Hahahaahhhhhahhhahahah

Stir her up there lad!

Hee hee,
    Dont know if driving course is part of new curriculum but if it is I also think that reserves should be exempt because they have been sitting in the back of said patrol car scratching themselves for many a year now and know how to turn the lights and sirens on.........

I jest.....(mostly)

they wear them with their full dress uniform, tunic. so you met them at a formal occassion so they wore it

but day to day its blue shirt (keep an eye for it!)

just like the rest of the force, UNIFORM!

Hee hee,
    Dont know if driving course is part of new curriculum but if it is I also think that reserves should be exempt because they have been sitting in the back of said patrol car scratching themselves for many a year now and know how to turn the lights and sirens on.........

I jest.....(mostly)

and the GR was the only one in the car with a full licence no doubt :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hopeful8

Quote: rocky911
    Can I ask why your begrudging them ? ye will all be working together and relying on each other. Im sure that GR's will learn off those who come different backgrounds professionally as well, with out a doubt.

Just keep in mind guys that ye are all wearing the one uniform. you will become one there is not point segregating each other because it will reflect negatively on both.

Its just a fact of life that those who may not have experience learn of those who do..

And just with regard to instructors in the college.. you will in time realize why many ( not all ) ended up in there.

Regards to instructors? You're going on a public forum knocking ur own colleagues as to why they're based in the college are you real?
    And I have absolutely no problem with reserves, many is the night I have been in debt to them for their help, I do have a gripe with those who think they should have been given preference ahead of members of the public who did or did not join the reserves for whatever reason. Those going in are doing so because they were best in an open fair competition, but some reserves here are evidently bitter over it, would these same people have a problem with the competition if they were in the top 600? I seriously doubt it. As for people saying that students should learn from reserves they are training with.... They are getting 32 weeks training, better training than we ever got looking at the curriculum set up, so they will be better equipped than any recruit ever was leaving the college. Reserves with the watch me and learn attitude will go down like a lead balloon in there, the reserve with a good attitude willing to learn will thrive, under a LOT of very good instructors I might add.

Its hardly a' watch me and learn attitude'

but it suits your high horse rant so suit yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Its hardly a' watch me and learn attitude'

but it suits your high horse rant so suit yourself

To be fair, I don't think it is the non-reserves that have this 'high horse' attitude you speak of

To be fair, I don't think it is the non-reserves that have this 'high horse' attitude you speak of

Nor do i

just hopeful8

ill leave it there guys. Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hopeful8

I'm working in conjunction with the college, so I'm curious to know who the reserve is that is telling people that there are certain gardai in there for certain reasons. A reserve knocking serving members in the college? Iv 5 years service so I know my place, so a Garda reserve saying on here that there are people stationed in the college for certain reasons is an outrage,, especially on a public forum!!! Rocky911 can you reply to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

hopeful8 wrote: »
    I'm working in conjunction with the college, so I'm curious to know who the reserve is that is telling people that there are certain gardai in there for certain reasons. A reserve knocking serving members in the college? Iv 5 years service so I know my place, so a Garda reserve saying on here that there are people stationed in the college for certain reasons is an outrage,, especially on a public forum!!! Rocky911 can you reply to this?

Trace his/her IP address, find their house address from that information, run that address through Pulse and cross check the names on it from station reserve records. Simples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

Gonna close this up again. The last few days is really just a little trolling, off topic, non debate/discussion, going in circles, etc

Same as before, if anyone feels there is meaningful discussion fire a PM on over and we'll have a chat about it

Cheers

-KERSPLAT!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement