Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardiac Hill/Steps

Options
  • 12-05-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi all, could anyone tell me how to find this route, I believe it is somewhere near the top of the steps at Torc waterfall but not exactly sure where.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

This is what I think is Cardiac hill- there's a path that runs across the north face of Torc from the Dinis carpark to the Torc Waterfall carpark.

There's a couple of ways of accessing it

The easiest to find is from the Dinis carpark on the Kenmare road. On the opposite side of the road on the south side of this there's a track that runs up steeply before contouring across Torc. It's pretty obvious. Follow this along and it'll bring you out at the top of the steps which lead down to torc waterfall. Benefit of this way is you get to easily find the exit point on the torc waterfall side.

From the Torc waterfall side, follow the path to the waterfall, up the steep path to your left (some people call this section cardiac hill), very near the top the path branches with the R branch connecting to the path to Dinis and the L branch to the Old Kenmare road. If you miss this and hit the old Kenmare Road, no problem, just follow it along about 500m to where it crosses the bridge- main path goes L to the Torc summit path, and the R branch heads back to the dinis path again.

It's marked on google maps.

One of my favourite runs is from Muckross, around to Dinis and back along cardiac hill to Torc and Muckross again. About 11-12k.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ath trasna

Thanks for the reply MrCreosote. Looking forward to heading down to Killarney at the weekend and hopefully will get the weather to enjoy the trail.

Advertisement