Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very aggressive salesman

Options
  • 12-05-2014 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭

This evening, had just got baby to bed, in our bungalow. Doorbell rang, saw a blue coat thought it might be my father.

Nope, was an electric Ireland guy, I straight away said 'no thanks we have an electricity supplier' whom we are in a monthly plan with. Immediately your guys eyes get all big, he raises his voice and shouts 'BUT I JUST WANT TO TELL YOU!!!!!' As I shut the door, and our baby wakes up.

Why are you sending these people around cold calling on people? Does your organization know that you are sending people on to private property and as such , residents are not obliged to entertain these people?

I am very much a 21st century citizen, if I want a new service I will seek it out myself, online or otherwise.

Please don't send these desperate , obviously working on commission people around to my house again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Flippyfloppy,

We're very sorry to read this, but thank you for bringing it to our attention.
    I straight away said 'no thanks we have an electricity supplier' whom we are in a monthly plan with. Immediately your guys eyes get all big, he raises his voice and shouts 'BUT I JUST WANT TO TELL YOU!!!!!'

This behaviour certainly isn't acceptable, and our apologies for this. Electric Ireland in no way condones aggressive selling techniques. We would be very grateful if you could send us further information by private message so we can investigate this for you.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement