Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soc-car - Car Soccer Game (Ouya/Andorid)

Options
  • 12-05-2014 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭

First off, before I go any further, I am the developer of the game. I just wanted to get that out of the way before people think I'm trying to swindle them!

i5gQRWH.jpg

It's a top down game where you play games of soccer with cars. There are 35 countries to choose from, all with unique cars.

qWtc9TY.png

There is a "Soc-Car Cup" mode where the best countries in the world battle it out for the cup.

egSYaQJ.png

It is mainly intended to be a local multiplayer game, but with the addition of bots I was able to bring it to touch screen devices

The menus need some work, especially on the touch screen, but the game its self is good fun!

I've been working on and off on this game for the last year. I also have an friend who is an artist who has been working on it too.

Its completely free so try it out! Would love to hear any feedback you have!

Link to the Playstore

OUYA Link (Coming soon)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I like it,, but the controls could be a lot more responsive

Really like the simplicty of it and its like a throwback to C64 days in its style

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey, Thanks for trying it out!

Would you mind elaborating a bit more what you mean? Does the car not steer hard enough or accelerate hard enough? Or do you feel there is a delay between touching the screen and the control being dealt with? Also, what device are you running on?

Ouya rejected the version i submitted last night as the score was not in their safe zone for overscan. I resubmitted this morning with the score moved done a small bit. Hopefully that will have it sorted.

Ouya version now available on the store. Their website shows it with a different name ("Soc-car New", long story!), but I'll update the OP with the link if its fixed today

Published an update for Soc-car last night

Changes for v2.1 are:
    • Made it quicker to turn (response time, not turning circle)
    • Replaced the menus with something a bit nicer and hopefully more intuitive
    • Added the ability to change the ball speed
    • You can now select random pitches

VU275MEJMuTJBn0gf-euGpKn_ukxBxIGScxrYBx7oNYl6FcqUveN8Eb2kEgSxOO4c1FV=h900-rw

Play Store
    Ouya Store (update is pending approval)
    Amazon Store inc Fire TV (coming soon, initial release is pending approval)

As always, I would be delighted to hear any feedback!

Made a trailer for the game to give people an idea of what it is like

(Please forgive my spelling mistakes! Will upload correct version as soon as i get some free time where my internet isnt terrible!)

I have pushed a new update to the Play Store, Ouya and Amazon last night. Only the play store has the change live so far, will update the others when they come.

LINKS:
    Play Store
    Ouya Store

New version was a lot more touch screen focused, so the flow of the menus should be better if using a phone/tablet:
    • Replaced the side selection screen with something simpler (so hopefully easier to use). New way of choosing sides, new validation of how many playing, new way of refering to AI players.
    • The back button on phones is now handled as a button press in the game, so if you accidentally press it wont get out of the game
    • Flukely as a result of the above fix, pressing the home button and returning to the game doesnt restart the game. You will be brought back to where you left off
    • You can now go back to previous menu screens without restarting the game.
    • Fixed a bug where controllers would only work if they were turned on while the game was started

I would really love some feedback on the new team select screen. Bug fixes I can test, but something where I am trying to make it easier for users I can't really. Is it more intuitive than it was before?

• Advertisement

Ouya version now live, updated the above post with the link.

Another new version pushed last night. Will update the other links as they are approved.
    What's New

Updates to the Side Select Screen
    De-clutter of options screen
    Fixed issue running on older devices

Links:
    Play Store

KevIRL wrote: »
    I like it,, but the controls could be a lot more responsive

Really like the simplicty of it and its like a throwback to C64 days in its style

So the latest email from Ouya contains this:

312160.jpg

Congrats Kev, you are famous!

Advertisement