Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a deceased cat

• 12-05-2014 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

There's a deceased cat around the corner from my home. I don't want to leave it there, I've left too many before (one on Christmas morning) and I want to do something. Has anyone ever brought a deceased animal to a vet to check for a microchip? How would I go about it? Would they take it if it doesn't have one and send him to be cremated?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

I've done this before. A cat was dead on the pavement so the OH and I put it in a bag and called our vet to see if we could bring it up. They said no bother, and took the cat. My father had to do the same with a dog that was dead on the road. He brought the poor thing to his vet and they took the dog. In these cases, they scan the animal and keep a record in case anyone reports it missing to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

mosi wrote: »
    I've done this before. A cat was dead on the pavement so the OH and I put it in a bag and called our vet to see if we could bring it up. They said no bother, and took the cat. My father had to do the same with a dog that was dead on the road. He brought the poor thing to his vet and they took the dog. In these cases, they scan the animal and keep a record in case anyone reports it missing to them.

I went to him this morning and he is squashed beyond recognition. The poor thing :(

Advertisement