Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mobile phone coverage in Donegal

Options
  • 12-05-2014 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    I was wondering which company offers the best mobile coverage/service in Donegal, especially in rural areas? As that is where I will be spending the bulk of my time. I am making the trip over for a few weeks holiday (I'm from Canada) in about a week and I'm looking at getting either a SIM only or a SIM and very cheap phone while I'm over. I'm also planning on taking a small trip to N.Ireland- I don't know if it would cost a lot to use my phone there or not.

I've been doing some research and Tesco seems to have really cheap service, but is it reliable/any good? Looking for text/calls not much or any data.

Any recommendations welcome!

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,625 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Tesco mobile use the O2 network, which generally has a very good coverage.

O2 would be as good as any other network, so I'd take my chaces with a Tesco deal for the short time you are here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 coffeeandpie

NIMAN wrote: »
    Tesco mobile use the O2 network, which generally has a very good coverage.

O2 would be as good as any other network, so I'd take my chaces with a Tesco deal for the short time you are here.

Ok. Does the Tescos in Letterkenny have SIMs/mobiles for sale?

Thanks for your help. :)

Sorry can't help with that query, never been in a Tesco store in Rep Ireland, only NI, but they do sell SIMs and phones up North, so can't see why the Southern Tesco's woulldn't do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

NIMAN wrote: »
    Sorry can't help with that query, never been in a Tesco store in Rep Ireland, only NI, but they do sell SIMs and phones up North, so can't see why the Southern Tesco's woulldn't do the same.

They sell them in the republic too.

Hotale.com wrote: »
    They sell them in the republic too.

Good to know!

Thanks for the help. :) and again to NIMAN.

• Advertisement

Enjoy your trip!

I will!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Beagslife

Hi CoffeeandPie,

Some rural areas in the County don't have any coverage, or are only covered by one operator. An example would be Carrick/Glencolmcille where Vodafone seems to be the best option.

Check these sites for some indications.

O2 and Vodafone.

The Tesco service (using O2 network) is good, once you have coverage. Lycamobile, not so much I found.

I guess it will depend on where you are planning to visit.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I think Tesco mobile have opened up a new shop in the Letterkenny Shopping Center so you should be looked after there.

Beagslife wrote: »
    Hi CoffeeandPie,

Some rural areas in the County don't have any coverage, or are only covered by one operator. An example would be Carrick/Glencolmcille where Vodafone seems to be the best option.

Check these sites for some indications.

The Tesco service (using O2 network) is good, once you have coverage. Lycamobile, not so much I found.

I guess it will depend on where you are planning to visit.

Enjoy
    I looked at the coverage maps and I think O2 will be ok. I might think differently if I had to deal with it for more than just the length of my trip though.

pbarr wrote: »
    I think Tesco mobile have opened up a new shop in the Letterkenny Shopping Center so you should be looked after there.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement