Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelie Bin Services Dublin 12

Options
  • 12-05-2014 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

So we're just about to close on a house and need to choose a bin provider. City Bin is the obvious choice but they don't service our street as of yet. From my quick google it seems we have the following choices:

Greyhound - €100 service charge and a per lift charge that isn't on the website

Thorntons - €50 service charge, €9 black bin (240L), €4.50 brown bin (140L) and green bin free.

OZO - €45 per quarter - fortnightly lift (140L bins) - green bin free - doesn't include brown bin

Oxigen - €48 per quarter - fortnightly lift (140L bins) - green bin free - doesn't include brown bin

We are currently living in an area with bin tags. These cost €6.50 and we put one out every other week. We don't have a brown bin. Moving to wheelie bins will be more expensive but it's definitely handier.

From the above, OZO seems the best as we don't seem to produce a huge amount of waste but just wondering if anyone else has any other recommendations that I've overlooked.

It appears from all accounts that Greyhound are rubbish (excuse the pun) - I don't think anyone on my parents road uses them anymore and those who do are constantly having to put their bins out twice a week because of missed collections. Has anyone had similar experiences with them or any of the other companies.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement