Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are they allowed get away with this !! ??

Options
  • 12-05-2014 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

I'm referring to meteor and going over 50mb daily allowance i was using mobile data earlier and didn't cop that I'd exceeded my daily allowance I must of ran up to 70mb which is not really a lot but meteor charged me €19.80 for the privilege.
    I just think it's wrong that they can do this 99cent for every mb used over 50mb

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What type of device?

Phone or mobile broadband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

Did you sign a contract agreeing to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Im on PAYG

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Mobile or phone?

If mobile you'll get the messages to the sim in your dongle so it's useless unless you specify another number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

I was using mobile data off my Samsung s3 got text message when they cleared all my credit
    I should of known better but just think it's very sneaky the way they do it
    Even when you read their pricing using words like you will ONLY be charged 99c per mb when you exceed your allowance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

I can see how you used all those MB's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭wytch

were you using mobile data on your s3 by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

You can easily set up a warning on your phone. Go to settings and data usage and set warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,980 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

1. Consumer used data.
    2. Posts outrage at provider.
    3. Develops severe stutter
    4. ????????
    5. Profit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I can see how you used all those MB's :)

He posted it six times, as part of his six pack bundle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

SIX PACK wrote: »
    I'm referring to meteor and going over 50mb daily allowance i was using mobile data earlier and didn't cop that I'd exceeded my daily allowance I must of ran up to 70mb which is not really a lot but meteor charged me €19.80 for the privilege.
    I just think it's wrong that they can do this 99cent for every mb used over 50mb

not sure what they have done wrong? they told you the price, even if it is ridiculously expensive.

install 3G watchdog app on your phone, and set the limit on it to a daily 50MB. Set the reminder to 90% of usage and set the auto disable to 98%. That means as soon as you get near the 50MB limit, it cuts off the data usage and you wont exceed. I had it on my phone when I was with them and never went over, despite being a heavy enough user at times. Worked perfectly well.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Only 99c per MB over the first 50MB?, wow thats great value.

Back in my day it was 3c per kb, if that was still in affect you'd really have something to complain about :pac:

Nah, in all seriousness,
    Yes they can charge you like they have and I'd fully support them, Meteor offer plenty of of data bundle deals that you could avail of at anytime.

OP, if your paying 99c per day for internet then you really need to review then plan you are on as you could be spending 30e a month even if you access only 1MB of data a day.

10e a month gets you unlimited data on PAYG http://www.meteor.ie/unlimited-data/

Advertisement