Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual boot problem

Options
  • 13-05-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I built a PC about a year ago, and it has been working fine during that time. No problems at all.
    But during the last few days, I'm getting occasional boot problems.

When I power on the pc, sometimes it will boot immediately, but other times it takes 5 - 10 seconds from pressing the button 'till it boots up.

Same with a mouse click to wake from sleep.

One a few occasions, it won't boot at all, and then after a few minutes, it powers up.

Pressing the power button on the mobo doesn't help, nor does the reset switch.

I'm getting power lights on the mobo and gfx card, I've tried reseating all the components, but I'm still getting this occasional problem.

Any ideas on what it might be?

Cheers

Shinobi XL case
    Gigabyte Z77 UD5H mobo
    Asus 7970 gfx
    Corsair Vengeance Ram
    Corsair AX750 psu
    Crucial M4 SSD
    i5 3570k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Lundar.

sounds like a dodgy power supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

That's what I was thinking.
    When the pc powers up, it does run fine. No issues, so it shouldn't be a mobo issue.

I'll RMA the power supply to Corsair and go from there. It has a 7 year warranty.

Advertisement