Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to house with Stanley twin series 80k range - some questions on operating

Options
  • 13-05-2014 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

Hello can i tax your brains please - we shall be moving in June to a property with a Stanley twin series 80k range. For 5 years I have been used to our RDB 2 burner (outside boiler) at our current house and when it has run out of kerosene I know how to bleed the air out of the oil on the side of the pump and I know where the lockout switch is on the RDB2. We went to see house tonight to get measurements and whilst I was there I went out to oil tank and see its empty and below the outlet pipe - so when we move in and put some oil in tank if it needs bleeding on the oil side of things where would I be looking for the bleed screw on the Stanley twin series 80k range? - and also where is the lockout switch? is it behind the plinth at the bottom right hand side? I think these are called high limit switch but are these the same as the lockout switch on the RDB2 as in you press them and as in they light up when the boiler has gone to lockout? or are those high limit switches just for if the DHW just gets too hot? - see I have a feeling we will put some oil in tank and it will need bleeding like we had to on the RDB2 burner and I want to familiarize where the lockout switch is and the oil bleed screw on the pump is, cant afford to be getting an engineer out for it and I think I will be pretty competent of doing it myself as I used to when we run out of heating oil on the RDB2 burner.

Many thanks in advance for any info :-), I have found the pdf on the stanley website but am still confused, for a start the timer unit on the website is totally different to the timer unit on this one, but it does look like an older range -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wilecoyote

Hello can i tax your brains please - we shall be moving in June to a property with a Stanley twin series 80k range. For 5 years I have been used to our RDB 2 burner (outside boiler) at our current house and when it has run out of kerosene I know how to bleed the air out of the oil on the side of the pump and I know where the lockout switch is on the RDB2. We went to see house tonight to get measurements and whilst I was there I went out to oil tank and see its empty and below the outlet pipe - so when we move in and put some oil in tank if it needs bleeding on the oil side of things where would I be looking for the bleed screw on the Stanley twin series 80k range? - and also where is the lockout switch? is it behind the plinth at the bottom right hand side? I think these are called high limit switch but are these the same as the lockout switch on the RDB2 as in you press them and as in they light up when the boiler has gone to lockout? or are those high limit switches just for if the DHW just gets too hot? - see I have a feeling we will put some oil in tank and it will need bleeding like we had to on the RDB2 burner and I want to familiarize where the lockout switch is and the oil bleed screw on the pump is, cant afford to be getting an engineer out for it and I think I will be pretty competent of doing it myself as I used to when we run out of heating oil on the RDB2 burner.

Many thanks in advance for any info :-), I have found the pdf on the stanley website but am still confused, for a start the timer unit on the website is totally different to the timer unit on this one, but it does look like an older range -

Andy the reset buttons are on the front lower kick panel, left one is for heating burner and right for cooker
    The two hi limit stats are the same, left heating and right cooker
    To bleed the burners you need to open the lower left door, remove the screws on the inner plate and on the kick panel underneath. You'll see both burners and again left one is heating and right is cooker
    Both oil pumps are easily accessible and you'll see a rigid brass elbow on the heating pump with a 4mm allen key nut on top, this is your bleed. Be careful not too turn a similar allen key to its left as this is the oil pressure.
    On the cooker burner there is usually an extended brass shaft with same allen key to bleed, it's about 3" long and is that way to give easier access as the cooker burner is hidden away tightly
    As always be extra careful to check for leaks afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

thanks for that wilecoyote - will do that when we move in

Advertisement