Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft for target practice?

• 13-05-2014 6:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi all, n00b here

Are airsoft guns good for target practice? --Just for fun
    What kind of things could i shoot?
    -balloons?
    -fruit?
    -tin cans?
    -glass bottles?

Would a BB be strong enough to break a glass bottle/jar?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Hi all, n00b here

Are airsoft guns good for target practice? --Just for fun
    What kind of things could i shoot?
    -balloons?
    -fruit?
    -tin cans?
    -glass bottles?

Would a BB be strong enough to break a glass bottle/jar?

Thanks

Depends on what you exactly you're looking for in target practice.
    They fire BB's so they are prone to wind and things like that. If you plan on shooting targets at say 20 metres or closer than yes you should be fine. They'll reach much further but at 20 you should hit them easily. you can shoot all those things if you want. A BB will likely not go through a glass bottle no. Glass bottles are pretty thick and they're rounded so that gives them extra strength. our limit of one Joule will not penetrate a glass bottle. It may shatter a pane of glass if it's thin enough as it's just a sheet and therefore has no added benefits of shape to improve strength.
    I wouldn't advice glass regardless, it's dangerous and just messy.

If you're looking for a cool effect use drinking cans. The BB's will easily penetrate aluminium cans.

Advertisement