Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tim sherwood sacked

• 13-05-2014 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Shock horror!

Not really though, left with the highest win % of any spurs at 59% despite it being a small sample size. What next for spurs and their revolving door?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

If spurs had any sense, they'd sack Daniel Levy too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Tim you facking Lemon.

Back to Eastenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Who would have thought a manager who let a fan take his seat on the bench would be sacked soon after?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Good work Agent Tim. You may report for further assignments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

De Boer or Mauricio Pochettino

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

He knew the game was up hence his stunt on Sunday with inviting the fan into the dugout.

You'd imagine the myth of Levy being some transfer guru is well and truly blown out of the water now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

keano_afc wrote: »

Agent Tim, we have role for you in Manchester as successor to Agent Moyes.

Please deploy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

hahaha excellent work Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

The Telegraph says Levy wants Pochettino. Would be career suicide for Pochettino.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

May the Silly Season Begin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 9m
    Sherwood's CV will show 59% Premier League win record in his first management job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

djPSB wrote: »
    Agent Tim, we have role for you in Manchester as successor to Agent Moyes.

Please deploy.

He's our agent, hands off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Was always going to be the case.

I can only imagine he did not want to drop back down the ladder at the club, which from his point of view (if nothing else is lined up) is a bit strange, and from the clubs point of view is even more strange.

I don't like his 'breath of fresh air' approach, but he was doing a very good job with it being his first job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just when Tim was starting to grow on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Moyes-ho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL Agent Moyes your new assignment should you choose to accept is to infiltrate White Hart Lane for "Operation Championship bound!".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Thing is, Spurs aren't even the biggest circus club in London - that honour rests with Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Thing is, Spurs aren't even the biggest circus club in London - that honour rests with Chelsea.

What's even more sad is it is like they are trying to replicate the Chelsea way of doing things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Slagging off your players & employers in the media was never going to end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Sherwood is far too volatile, IMO. Never thought he had the longevity to be the permanent manager. I think it's very difficult to get the right fit of manager for Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

feel sorry for the fans.. as usual knee jerk reactions by the men in blazers wanting instant success... just like at chelsea (and I am a Chelsea fan) constant quick hiring & firing does more damage than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

podge79 wrote: »
    feel sorry for the fans.. as usual knee jerk reactions by the men in blazers wanting instant success... just like at chelsea (and I am a Chelsea fan) constant quick hiring & firing does more damage than good.

I'm confused, do you think this sacking was a good idea or not?
    Your post quoted suggest not, but your post in the Chelsea thread calling him "Tim nice but dim" suggests that it was the right decision, considering he is, in your opinion, dim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

I'm confused, do you think this sacking was a good idea or not?
    Your post quoted suggest not, but your post in the Chelsea thread calling him "Tim nice but dim" suggests that it was the right decision, considering he is, in your opinion, dim.

As a footballing decision I dont think it's a good one by Spurs for them as a club, they will never have stability with endlessly going through managers.

The child in me (as a fan of a rival club) thinks it's always (IMO) good to see rivals (big or small) go through some upheaval.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Very messy club. AVB should have been given more time - especially as he was trying to bed in what was basically a new team. Sherwood was a stupid appointment and one that was always going to end this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

He wouldn't be my cup of tea but he tried and he seemed to have a genuine feeling for the club so sorry for him on that front.

Kudos LL on managing to integrate your hatred of all things Chelsea into a thread which has nothing to do with us. 8788 days and counting :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He had to go but Lewis should sack Levy too, he has past his sell by date. Spurs have an almighty battle to get even near top 4 next season.

I must say enjoyed his honesty but he is to volatile to be a manager. If he can keep the passion in check he can be a good manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm going miss Tim.

We need more gilets in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Spurs are a joke with managers. Who in there right mind will want to go there with Levys track record of giving coaches the bullet prematurely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

keano_afc wrote: »

In fairness Arsenal don't need moles to beat Spurs.

No clue where Spurs go from here. Pissed away a ton of money to flounder around in 6th place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Nobody in their right mind would work for Daniel Levy. Sherwood was fupped the minute he went in there. Awful club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭patmac

Moneymaker wrote: »
    In fairness Arsenal don't need moles to beat Spurs.

No clue where Spurs go from here. Pissed away a ton of money to flounder around in 6th place.

Jeez enough of the spy references:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

QPR scoff at this suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Pochettino will take the job I fear, he seems unsettled at Southampton after the changes in boardroom and has mentioned he'd think about his future. Sadly for them I see a lot of their better players going too, some no doubt up the road to Spurs who are clearly looking to field a B,C and D team with the amount of players they have in !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Would not be surprised to see Tiger Tim pop up at West Brom now

Rumour has it Harry Redknapp for a return...

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Yea along with Jamie, the dream team..........

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Don't even joke about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

- Sherwood has done all that could be expected. For people to suggest that he's done as badly as David Moyes is just nonsense.
    - His contract (18 months) meant it was guaranteed that he was undermined from day 1.
    - His team's confidence looked utterly shattered when he took over.
    - He wasn't given any leeway to bring in his own players in the January transfer window.
    - He brought Adebayor back out of the cold and got him scoring.
    - He got Eriksen back on track, looking like the top flight player I think he will become.
    - He had a higher PPG than AVB in the Premier League.
    - He beat United and Everton in the league (AVB failed to do the same this year).

He's got his team finishing in 6th place, which is exactly where most people would have had them at the start of the season.

Could be a job for the interim one, if he wants to get back into English football and leave Napoli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

AVB should have been given more time
    AVB was a charlatan and a spoofer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Tim Sherwood. We want you to stay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Sacked? I thought it was a temporary position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Sacked? I thought it was a temporary position.
    18 month contract with a break clause at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Rumour is he got sacked because he failed to do the one thing he was asked this season, keeping Spurs out of next years Europa Cup.

Anyone wrote: »
    Rumour is he got sacked because he failed to do the one thing he was asked this season, keeping Spurs out of next years Europa Cup.
    Source?

I don't believe that at all.

Kiith wrote: »
    Don't even joke about that.

I did state that it was a rumour...that I started :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

In fairness he did a good job.

AVB had them playing dour predictable football.

He went back to basics and had them playing some decent stuff at times, he really got the best out of Eriksen and Adebayor too. And he put a lot of faith in Harry Keane too which seems to have paid off.

He was certainly a little bit naive both tactically in the big games and with some of his comments, a little too honest at times which obviously isn't going to endear him to the board.

I think he has done himself plenty of favors though, he could end up at bottom half PL club or at the very least a Championship club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Source?

I don't believe that at all.

BBC reported it as "Tottenham have parted company with manager Tim Sherwood after the club finished sixth in the Premier League". Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I saw something on twitter last night (think from Paul Hyland) that Sherwood is 6/1 ON to become the new Brighton manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

- Sherwood has done all that could be expected. For people to suggest that he's done as badly as David Moyes is just nonsense.
    - His contract (18 months) meant it was guaranteed that he was undermined from day 1.
    - His team's confidence looked utterly shattered when he took over.
    - He wasn't given any leeway to bring in his own players in the January transfer window.
    - He brought Adebayor back out of the cold and got him scoring.
    - He got Eriksen back on track, looking like the top flight player I think he will become.
    - He had a higher PPG than AVB in the Premier League.
    - He beat United and Everton in the league (AVB failed to do the same this year).

He's got his team finishing in 6th place, which is exactly where most people would have had them at the start of the season.

Most of the pundits (at the start of the season, pre-Ozil signing) had Spurs finishing above Arsenal because of the so-called great signings Spurs had made. That was a lot higher than sixth.

Never believed it myself though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement