Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline installation taking too long.

Options
  • 13-05-2014 12:28pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I ordered phoneline and BB bundle almost 1 month ago. 

Installer arrived about a week later but couldn't complete the job (2 people needed to run wire). 1 day off work to let him in. Interior installation is complete.

I called and requested 2nd appointment. They promised to call/text in advance.

Got a call last Saturday (no call in advance) saying they could finish it that day. I was away unfortunately, but I told exactly what the 1st installer (ex Eircom employee) said - the interior work was done (long cable through the exterior wall left rolled up outside) and they could go ahead and complete. They said they couldn't do that.

I've called again this morning and asked for another appointment. Operator said he'd pass on the request as a priority, but couldn't say when it'd be done.

My existing telephone/bb package (Ripplecom) is ceasing in 2 days, and I need the line and bb finalised quickly now. I figured a month should have been plenty of time to get this sorted.

Can anyone in Eircom help speed this up?

Thanks.

p.s. Account/order no. can be forwarded by p.m.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I really dont understand why it takes so long for the installation process. I am waiting over a month myself, if the waiting isnt long enough its the lack of communication on Eircoms behalf that is truely staggering.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm doing everything I can.

Just called KN Escalations who said the old order had been closed, and that I'd have to call Eircom again.

I've tweeted, PM'd etc.

HELP!!!!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

Based on my experience, and from reading this forum, this might only be the start of a long and painful process. Let's hope your case turns out better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I'm doing everything I can.

Just called KN Escalations who said the old order had been closed, and that I'd have to call Eircom again.

I've tweeted, PM'd etc.

HELP!!!!!!:(
    Hi Henry Ford III

Thanks for you PM this afternoon.

I have requested an update and clarification on the reasons for the delays from operations. I can understand your urgency and apologise for the delays so far. As soon as I have any further information I will let you right away.

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Thanks Alan. I've called 1800 503 503 twice today also incidentally. I'm determined if nothing else! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks Alan. I've called 1800 503 503 twice today also incidentally. I'm determined if nothing else! :D
    No worries Henry Ford III

I'll keep chasing this up also.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Don't forget to chase for your 2 months free line rental credit when you do get it installed as they've missed their own SLAs.

They won't volunteer this information to you of course...

That's interesting.....

Advertisement